What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Concerts Returning to Folsom! (Dead and Company First)

Funny ahole, you won't catch me in Trinidad, I'm a native of Colorado. Heard plenty of stories about that place lol.

Let's think that through. Guitar virtuoso = worshipped by adolescent males. Pop music icon = worshipped by lusty women. Hmmm.

Post made from recruiting nerd....

There is live cd I have of Mayer where all you can hear is women in the audience screaming.

Yeah. I'm sure that guys like Slash are virgins unless they're paying for it. Chicks don't dig lead guitarists at all.

Yeah, but slash chicks have Herpes and track marks. Mayer girls are just drunk enough and safe of enough. Supposedly he had in finishing of her marriage..

7-13-14-Giada-DeLaurentiis-Cover-vtr.jpg

Last edited:
I think Mayer understood the quickest and easiest way to break into the music scene and get rich was to reduce his talents to the "your body is a wonderland" type of crap. Once he gained his fame and fortune, he can now do whatever he wants. Dude shreds, though.

Anyone have an idea on how much the AD raked in on these shows?

An estimated number I heard a few years ago is that a concert at Folsom could bring in somewhere around $500k in profit. That was from someone who had worked on this idea at CU. I'm not sure this is correct information, but it was the only thing I had to go on when considering this.

fwiw, one of the BDC articles said that event planners were already talking about the 2017 summer concerts at Folsom, so it looks like this is going to keep going. Radiohead was the band mentioned... which brings up my favorite meme from the political primaries:
160209_USERS_Sanders-V-Clinton-Radiohead.jpg.CROP.original-original.jpg

An estimated number I heard a few years ago is that a concert at Folsom could bring in somewhere around $500k in profit. That was from someone who had worked on this idea at CU. I'm not sure this is correct information, but it was the only thing I had to go on when considering this.

fwiw, one of the BDC articles said that event planners were already talking about the 2017 summer concerts at Folsom, so it looks like this is going to keep going. Radiohead was the band mentioned... which brings up my favorite meme from the political primaries:
160209_USERS_Sanders-V-Clinton-Radiohead.jpg.CROP.original-original.jpg

The thing I hate about that meme is that it is factually inaccurate. The two albums that Radiohead released within a short period of time are Kid A and Amnesiac. :cool: OK Computer and Kid A were a full three years apart. How am I supposed to pull the lever for Bernie if he misremembers his Radiohead history?!

I hope they decide to do at least 2-3 concerts there a summer. More exposure and money for CU with "minimal" effort in terms of fundraising.

The thing I hate about that meme is that it is factually inaccurate. The two albums that Radiohead released within a short period of time are Kid A and Amnesiac. :cool: OK Computer and Kid A were a full three years apart. How am I supposed to pull the lever for Bernie if he misremembers his Radiohead history?!
tumblr_mdewuuqXWf1qabqmso1_r2_500.jpg

Who is Creep? That's what I know about that meme

ouch. $99 each for cheap seats at Dead & Co.
Agreed. I'm gonna sit for a while before purchasing these tickets. I will be there both nights without a doubt as they were killer shows last year but they were far from sold out and I'm content in the bleachers. Last year we walked down to the 3rd row dead center of the bowl 20 mins before showtime and had plenty of room. Plus they have double stacks so the sound was great as were the lights. Look for Hokie and Drewdown getting down!!

Back