What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CSU AD Fired?

Hey we fired our AD and began a major facilities project shortly thereafter, maybe they're just following our lead?

The delusion on that website is magnificent right now.... seriously, a thing to behold.

Subject: One can ONLY assume that the guy who fired him as GREAT $ news NOW
Posted by: BeerFight on Fri Aug 8 2014 7:58:26 PM
Message:It sounds like Frank is smart enough to know he better have great money
news for firm stadium date and Big 5 inclusion.

Frank must have great news for the next couple of days. 1) Stadium all
funded and ground breaking date 2)Big 5 inclusion announcement.

:lol:

oh sweet Jesus.

From the same insider who was saying Graham's got this a week or two ago:

Subject: Here is the explanation:
Posted by: Big Horned Sheep on Fri Aug 8 2014 8:43:00 PM
Message:You can see my post on the RC board to see more details, but this has 100%
to do with getting us an Athletic Director with connections that can get us into
one of the Big 5 conferences. Tony and the Board are 100% behind the
stadium and this in no way shows a movement back to the days of mediocrity
but quite the opposite. It is bad timing and CSU knows that, but one that based
on the changes to athletics they decided needed to be made now rather than
later. The expectation is that it will take some donations away from the stadium
but will add quite a few more.

I thought the funniest thing was the "back to the days of mediocrity" statement. What they hell does he think a 7-6 season against a down MWC is? I'm being kind when I call that mediocrity. :lol:

From the same insider who was saying Graham's got this a week or two ago:

Subject: Here is the explanation:
Posted by: Big Horned Sheep on Fri Aug 8 2014 8:43:00 PM
Message:You can see my post on the RC board to see more details, but this has 100%
to do with getting us an Athletic Director with connections that can get us into
one of the Big 5 conferences. Tony and the Board are 100% behind the
stadium and this in no way shows a movement back to the days of mediocrity
but quite the opposite. It is bad timing and CSU knows that, but one that based
on the changes to athletics they decided needed to be made now rather than
later. The expectation is that it will take some donations away from the stadium
but will add quite a few more.

I thought the funniest thing was the "back to the days of mediocrity" statement. What they hell does he think a 7-6 season against a down MWC is? I'm being kind when I call that mediocrity. :lol:

An Athletic Director that can get a P5 invite? That would be Mike Bohn! He knows the Big 12 AND the Pac 12! Two conferences that have been in close talks with CSU because they are dying to get "sleeping giant" CSU into their conference before it's too late!

If they are above .500 that is well above their historical average, thus not a mediocre season.

If they are above .500 that is well above their historical average, thus not a mediocre season.

Stop being logical.

The lammies have just let their fearless leader go AND are assured of shiny new digs AND an invite to the conference of their choice.

Logic has nothing to do with this.

(omg, my side hurts from laughing at today's events)

Love the soap opera in Ft Fun! As The Goat Turns! Should be fun to watch the full implosion of the program at this point. The icing on this cake would be for RG to announce we are terminating the Denver deal with them.

Where is the goat ****ing expose? It has been hours. This barnyard loving cannot stand!

Where is the goat ****ing expose? It has been hours. This barnyard loving cannot stand!

They were falling drastically behind on their Dee Hart for Heisman campaign. Can't have the disaster that was last year's effort.

bibbsdoge.jpg

"Subject: Its funny cuz their most active threads are ALWAYS about CSU

Posted by: LoFasZz on Sat Aug 9 2014 12:29:46 AM Message:

Just check Allbuffs for how much they "don't care" about CSU"

He lurks.

"Subject: Its funny cuz their most active threads are ALWAYS about CSU

Posted by: LoFasZz on Sat Aug 9 2014 12:29:46 AM Message:

Just check Allbuffs for how much they "don't care" about CSU"

He lurks.

Well, we do have 3 threads on CSU. Considering that they're our first game and the news that broke today, that's actually pretty light.

Can you imagine if we opened with Nebraska and they fired Pelini today?

sadramfan.gif

Jack Graham stands up to fix a wedgie. The ram fan, slightly perturbed, adjusts the horn his mother made him.

Dust your horns off, ram fan, dust your horns off.

Last edited:
Wow, this thread delivers. Goatnation is pretty funny too. I feel bad for them. The stadium that was never meant to be, Sparkles is on the phone to his agent, Eustachy is drowning his sorrows...it could be all downhill from here for the goats now that the P5 have gotten their way.

Maybe Frank will do what he should have done in the first place: Renovate the existing stadium. Work with the City to improve and widen the roads so its not such a cluster**** to get to Hughes in the first place, and then just make improvements to the stadium step by step. The tailgating there is a good time. All in one central spot and just one big party. Kinda like Franklin field only a lot bigger.

Ramnation is ****ing unreadable. The posts themselves aren't horrible...delusional but no more so than most fans, but the format of that ****show is unbearable. How can you follow what is being discussed? It's like a series of sexts between a group of loosely affiliated drunkards presented in random order.

Ramnation is ****ing unreadable. The posts themselves aren't horrible...delusional but no more so than most fans, but the format of that ****show is unbearable. How can you follow what is being discussed? It's like a series of sexts between a group of loosely affiliated drunkards presented in random order.

It makes perfect sense if you read goat.... allegedly

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Subject: Tony frank, cue your stadium is 100% go NOW and Big 5 inclusion. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Posted by: BeerFight on Sat Aug 9 2014 9:27:18 AM [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Message: Or your head needs to roll. People need to ask for Franks firing if these things don't
happen.

I guess we'll find out what a leader Frank is in the next couple of days. Does he
already have serious firepower behind him that secures the stadium funding and
timeline? Does Frank have us lined up with the Big 5 inclusion now that graham is
gone? That's the ONLY way this firing is justified.

What do you have Frank?? You hired Graham, what is your BIG NEWS? We're all
waiting.... TICK TICK TICK
[/FONT]

So let me get this straight... Graham was holding them back from getting the necessary funds for the stadium?

Oh, my head. These people. Words escape me.

Subject: Tony frank, cue your stadium is 100% go NOW and Big 5 inclusion.
Posted by: BeerFight on Sat Aug 9 2014 9:27:18 AM
Message: Or your head needs to roll. People need to ask for Franks firing if these things don't
happen.

I guess we'll find out what a leader Frank is in the next couple of days. Does he
already have serious firepower behind him that secures the stadium funding and
timeline? Does Frank have us lined up with the Big 5 inclusion now that graham is
gone? That's the ONLY way this firing is justified.

What do you have Frank?? You hired Graham, what is your BIG NEWS? We're all
waiting.... TICK TICK TICK

Yes Tony shut down the vet school, engineering, the seed labs, education grad programs, schoolof business, even fibers. Money and educational mission don't matter, we want our stadium full of empty seats on campus right now and you better get us in a real conference as well.

If you don't all 27 of us are going to hold our breath until we turn blue and it's your fault.

I'm guessing Frank wanted to drastically reduce the cost of the stadium and Graham refused to go smaller/cheaper. So Frank fired him and they'll build a ~100mil stadium

I'm guessing Frank wanted to drastically reduce the cost of the stadium and Graham refused to go smaller/cheaper. So Frank fired him and they'll build a ~100mil stadium
I think it's either this or nik's theory about stepping over a line that you just can't cross at a state non-profit university. Seriously, how hard is it to imagine him trying to poach a donation to another part of the university? It's even easy to imagine his own justification for it (the [program being poached] will actually be better off if this donation goes to athletics because of increased university prestige, publicity, etc).

It would be hilarious if it were something more sinister, but I'm betting it was one of the two things above, our maybe even a combination of the two.

If it's the former, this could end up being good for the school; how many of us have been saying about their on-campus stadium that we actually would support it if they scaled down to an appropriate level, and even pointed to other schools' projects that were more realistic in scope, size and budget? If it's the latter, well then it's just the goats stepping on their own dick one more time...

Back