What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CSU Game Week Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure how I like everyone already counting a 30+ win game in the bag against the rammies…better be humble…then focus, execute and kill em off with class. Don’t let this one trip us up
Yeah, us fans need to make sure we approach this the right way, dammit! Can’t take the Rams for granted by bringing lackluster cheering and screaming and late arrival!

Sorry. I was referring to quarterbacks.
Aidy Bryant Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

From the same ramnation poster who shared his Loveland JV story. This is also like their #1 poster and mod:

Things are setting up perfectly for a CSU upset of CU​

If anyone saw Deion's press conference today, seems like he knows very little about this game. He minds me of Bobo of how he looked at this rivalry game. For a guy who has made his story at CU on the back of no respect he sure doesn't seem to care about this game much.
Additionally there is tons of tall locally and nationally about Shrueder for Heisman, and him being already considered a first round pick. Could Deion leave after this year. Should they start contract extension talks. Being ranked in the top 20. Oregon is coming up, finally a test versus a top 10 team. Gameday will be here, plus Fox Noon Kickoff. Tons and tons and tons of noise.

This is exactly what we want. Distract them from football. Have the players and coaches at CU waisting time and energy on the noise. Have them and their fans assume this is a cakewalk. Perfect. I love every second of this. We have had 2 weeks to prepare, they have barely turned the page on last week and are starting to turn the page to next week. Exactly what I was hoping for. Bring the circus to Boulder. Let them swim in the pool of stardom and attention. And then show up on gameday unprepared, exhausted, and overstimulated.

Not sure how I like everyone already counting a 30+ win game in the bag against the rammies…better be humble…then focus, execute and kill em off with class. Don’t let this one trip us up
CSU is dog ****. Their mascot is a bitch ass goat with glued on horns that has to be dragged across the field. They're also small, slow, and unathletic.

CU is good. Ralphie will ****ing gore you and has to be held back. We're not small, slow, or unathletic.

59-10

I mean, they kind of have a point. As much as it’s highly improbable that CSU pulls the upset, they have nothing to lose. All eyes on them for one game. There’s a ton of upside and zero downside risk. They can make a name for themselves this week.

I mean, they kind of have a point. As much as it’s highly improbable that CSU pulls the upset, they have nothing to lose. All eyes on them for one game. There’s a ton of upside and zero downside risk. They can make a name for themselves this week.
You know what makes the programs like Georgia, Alabama and Ohio State so great? That's what they face every week from every team, so they're used to it. When they play a G5 and it's that team's Super Bowl, it doesn't matter. They just steamroll them. As great as everyone thinks those elite programs are, they're better. And that's where CU is elevating to right now.

You know what makes the programs like Georgia, Alabama and Ohio State so great? That's what they face every week from every team, so they're used to it. When they play a G5 and it's that team's Super Bowl, it doesn't matter. They just steamroll them. As great as everyone thinks those elite programs are, they're better. And that's where CU is elevating to right now.
The difference being that when Alabama plays Tennessee Martin, Gameday isn’t on campus. I agree CU should, and very likely will dismember CSU. But from CSU’s point of view, this is a perfect set up. Loose and the narrative about CSU is exactly what it was before. Win and all the sudden you are the story on Sportscenter.

The difference being that when Alabama plays Tennessee Martin, Gameday isn’t on campus. I agree CU should, and very likely will dismember CSU. But from CSU’s point of view, this is a perfect set up. Loose and the narrative about CSU is exactly what it was before. Win and all the sudden you are the story on Sportscenter.
That's what Nebraska said last week and that roster actually has a good number of players who'd be assets to our team. I agree that the team needs to be focused and emotionally invested, but I'm not worried about these players and this staff being ready to play. I 100% believe this game is about whether CU takes care of doing what it does. What CSU schemes, how fired up they are and how well they execute is almost irrelevant.

If CSU is going to pull an upset then that would be a big narrative right? Doesn't seem unreasonable their fans would feel that way

From the same ramnation poster who shared his Loveland JV story. This is also like their #1 poster and mod:

Things are setting up perfectly for a CSU upset of CU​

If anyone saw Deion's press conference today, seems like he knows very little about this game. He minds me of Bobo of how he looked at this rivalry game. For a guy who has made his story at CU on the back of no respect he sure doesn't seem to care about this game much.
Additionally there is tons of tall locally and nationally about Shrueder for Heisman, and him being already considered a first round pick. Could Deion leave after this year. Should they start contract extension talks. Being ranked in the top 20. Oregon is coming up, finally a test versus a top 10 team. Gameday will be here, plus Fox Noon Kickoff. Tons and tons and tons of noise.

This is exactly what we want. Distract them from football. Have the players and coaches at CU waisting time and energy on the noise. Have them and their fans assume this is a cakewalk. Perfect. I love every second of this. We have had 2 weeks to prepare, they have barely turned the page on last week and are starting to turn the page to next week. Exactly what I was hoping for. Bring the circus to Boulder. Let them swim in the pool of stardom and attention. And then show up on gameday unprepared, exhausted, and overstimulated.
This guy is barely literate.

I've seen nothing to suggest that any of our players or coaches are distracted by the outside noise. Quite the contrary, actually, as we have the only coach who's been through all of it at the highest level as a player, multiple times, and knows how to guide these players through it. He constantly stresses to them to "keep the main thing the main thing." I have no doubt they're doing that.

No amount of hoping, wishing, and coping from sheep fans will make this a game. We're superior on every level and steamroll them without breaking a sweat.

CSU going to upset CU?

Lmao Laughing GIF by Steve Harvey TV

CSU couldn’t beat the Buffs at their lowest point and now the Buffs are at a much higher point.

Thats why talk of a CSU upset

years khan GIF

My take on this week is that CP and the team are confident and they are treating it as another day at the office, in a good way. With the ridiculous amount of hype the first two weeks and what I am guessing will be a crazy amount of "F&*# those guys!" next week given the crap Oregon has already presented to use as bulletin board material, CP understands that you can't keep that fever pitch for 4 straight weeks (or 5 with USC). It would start to lose some effectiveness.

Some of the Rams fans think that if they had a QB like Brad Van Pelt they would have a chance.

He would be better than anyone they have but at over 40 years old I doubt he still has any speed.
Its Bradleeeeeee. Brad would be a grown up.

I still know some lambs who say such marvelous statements like "if shanahan only gave him a shot .."
I'm sure these were some of the same geniuses who are still convinced that Tebow wasn't the long time starter for the Broncos because of his religious beliefs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back