What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CSU Game Week Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black Widow Avengers GIF

I think Kreckman or Lindahl hit the nail on the head yesterday:

Norvell was sitting in his own little coach's show, 20 or 30 people around him in a bar in Fort Collins, and he decided to throw out a line that would get a few claps and woo-hoos from the audience there. Not in his wildest dreams did he think anyone outside of Fort Collins would take notice or pay any attention.

The problem is that he was talking about the single most talked about sports figure in America right now. He was a total tool to think no one would notice. And now he's ****ed.

At the same time, if CSU was to keep it respectable and him not be considered the biggest dumbass in college football, I suppose he put a team that's most likely going to be 0-2 into the national psyche, which is probably more than what would have happened if they'd just come out there all quiet like and took their whupping.

Just imagine if this were a real rivalry. "Jay Norvell's mom" would have become part of the lore.
Somehow I think the ESPN was going to find something to aim some attention at CSU.

The Deion Sanders show is great for them but they still have a game to promote. Somehow they have to keep people reminded that there is a game Saturday night and that a bus from CSU is going to bring a bunch of players down.

Prime knows how this all works, he has been in the middle of it since his FSU days, he is as comfortable with it as he is in his own living room.

Norvell has never experienced this before, he wasn't a great college player playing for a big time program, he has never been the coach of anything bigger than a MWC team. Half the country doesn't know if CSU is a G5 program or an FCS program.

If Norvell hadn't made the comments about hats and sunglasses the national media would have found something else to go after.

It may be the main tactic competitors are trying to use against CU in recruiting right now. Suggesting that Coach Prime won't be at CU in 3-4 years. Got to kill that with fire.
Other coaches can’t negatively recruit with “Deion can’t win there” anymore. They are grasping at straws.

We happen to have a genius at PR and marketing as our HC.

Our competition can:

x-pac suck it GIF by WWE

Beyond words (we have all heard them before), what do you think he could actually do that would truly stop the trolls?

A friend of mine rather connected in the college football scene (but no longer connected in Boulder), thinks he is out using the normal logic that every coach wants to go to the SEC/NFL, and you cannot win a Natty at CU due to hurdles that Prime doesn't have (recruiting areas, money, etc). Would love to stop hearing the crap.

Probably the cynic in me, but this whole sunglasses thing feels entirely contrived. Like they were worried they might not have enough of a story so they had Norvell say something that really isn’t that big a deal, but stirred up a hornets nest anyway.

Probably the cynic in me, but this whole sunglasses thing feels entirely contrived. Like they were worried they might not have enough of a story so they had Norvell say something that really isn’t that big a deal, but stirred up a hornets nest anyway.
Maybe; but Occam's Razor tells me that Norvell was in a rammie room talking with a rammie reporter and forgot that **** was being broadcast. Thought he'd get a laugh out of the room (and did!) but didn't consider the aftermath. Oh well.

Of course it's contrived and blown entirely out of proportion, but that's the reality we're living in at this point. We're not used to it because it's usually the Lakers, the Yankees, the Patriots, Alabama - that's where we are right now.

At the same time, I don't think Norvell was encouraged to say it, I think he made a gaffe that one year ago no one would have given a **** about it.

Completely agree but that’s part of the beauty of Coach Prime. He is keeping the spotlight on CU even when there’s no reason for it to be with this game.

Nah. Bad form to talk about an opposing coach and in a way include his mother in it.

Any one else seen this happen before?

My brother the rational Rammie just texted me this:

'Norvell wanted to get some of the attention to CSU. All it will have accomplished is turning a maybe 35-17 game into 55-10. Dumbass move.'

Exactly. I'm sure Norvell thought he was doing something to motivate his team by taking a shot at Prime. But all it did was piss off the greatest motivator in sports. When going up against Prime, Norvell should follow the immortal words of the late Walter White.

giphy.gif

That WSU v CSU game wasn't even as close as the score indicated. Two unforced fumbles by WSU, 4th down stop inside the 5 by CSU, two missed 2pt conversions by WSU, kick off return by CSU. That game should have been even more lopsided on the scoreboard.

CSU's secondary looks awful

That WSU v CSU game wasn't even as close as the score indicated. Two unforced fumbles by WSU, 4th down stop inside the 5 by CSU, two missed 2pt conversions by WSU, kick off return by CSU. That game should have been even more lopsided on the scoreboard.

CSU's secondary looks awful
I watched the highlights. Oh my. That defense was terribad.

It's unfortunate their backup is playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back