What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU fined 150k for rushing the field

I kinda consider the $150K a fine for the university putting a ****ty product on the field for 10 years...small price to pay to be relevant again IMO.

I heard from a reliable source that on Saturday night, RG commented that he'd pay the fines evey year for seasons like this.

Reactions: SBG
What they should do is embrace by turning that 60 seconds into some sort of massive party. Crank some music, do a count-down clock where everyone can get amped up before the rush.... shoot t-shirts into the stands. Try and make rushing the field, and waiting the one minute to rush, part of the tradition/experience. Just saying 'wait 60 seconds' and then expecting that to work was foolish.
Two weeks later, this is an outstanding idea

I heard from a reliable source that on Saturday night, RG commented that he'd pay the fines evey year for seasons like this.

When you look at the increased revenue they are going to get b/c of higher prices next year it'll offset. That said I hope the team doesn't suck ass going forward and we only rush for teams in the top 10. The Utah rush was the only time I've ever thought about rushing and that includes when I was a student. That was a magical game in a magical season. ASU and Wazzou not so much, but whatever.

I'll gladly pay for increased prices next year. But I'm also thinking that students are going to have 1 section less in the lower stands next year.

The big thing we've got to hope for right now is that CU gets a big increase in season tickets for 2017. Would be nice to get over that 20k number.

Back