What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU football: Toby Neinas seeks strong start for Buffs special teams

He seems unpopular on this board, and in a lame attempt at a little defense of him...once you back out the slow starts we had, the play has been really good. I know it's akin to saying if you disregard our losses, we're undefeated, but at least we are seeing progress during the year and when we need it...going into con play.

I'm pretty sure our numbers were towards the bottom of the conference last year. Plus it's not just the ST's, it's the fact that he takes away a assistant from another position (RB)

I'm pretty sure our numbers were towards the bottom of the conference last year. Plus it's not just the ST's, it's the fact that he takes away a assistant from another position (RB)

Bad pattern is a bad pattern. My theory is that HCMM gets involved to fix the errors once another team points it out to him. Why have neinas then?

Both good points. I have no skin in this issue, I just remember Mac saying that last year after the first three ****ty games, we were rank in the 20's-40's in ST categories. But I can't find that article, so it's from memory...

Special teams were, according to the Hawaii Sports dude, one of their strengths. ST wasn't a factor at all in Saturday's game. If it can't be a strength, it shouldn't be a weakness. I'm going out on a limb and saying that ST has stopped being a weakness at CU. It's not a strength, but it's not killing us, either.

Special teams were, according to the Hawaii Sports dude, one of their strengths. ST wasn't a factor at all in Saturday's game. If it can't be a strength, it shouldn't be a weakness. I'm going out on a limb and saying that ST has stopped being a weakness at CU. It's not a strength, but it's not killing us, either.

Yep the change in strategy on kickoffs has improved things.

Bad pattern is a bad pattern. My theory is that HCMM gets involved to fix the errors once another team points it out to him. Why have neinas then?

Not hard to argue that Neinas's postion of responsibility cost us a game that we should have won. Doesn't matter if a loss is at the start of a season or the end it still counts.

We can't afford to give away the games that we should be competing in. I would hope that M2 takes a good look at the staff make-up for next year.

Let's withhold judgment until we play at sea level again. I think we'll actually have to cover some kickoffs this weekend--yikes!

True. It has covered some deficiencies so far. Maybe Diego gets some kickoff duties this week since he has a cannon of a leg.

Credit where credit is due. I have complained about Toby, but that fake punt was a thing of beauty....

We gonna crush CSU in special teams next year!

Actually, hopefully we just fire neinas and stop this pattern.

We don't play CSU Week 1 or 2 so we should be able to play two weeks and struggle in specials and be 2-0.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Punting: 13th
Kickoff Returns: 33rd
Punt Returns: 93rd
Kickoff Distance: 93rd
Punt Return Defense: 100th
Field Goal Percentage: 105th
Kickoff Return Defense: 114th

A ****ing barn, dumpster, or whatever other type of fire you want to call it. Special teams were the difference yesterday in all phases and cost us the game. Uggggggggggggg, Neinas has to go.

Punting: 13th
Kickoff Returns: 33rd
Punt Returns: 93rd
Kickoff Distance: 93rd
Punt Return Defense: 100th
Field Goal Percentage: 105th
Kickoff Return Defense: 114th

Dear God. Even worse than I thought. 250k for that garbage? It looks like he's extremely lucky to have Darragh O'Neill

O-line looks pretty good, solid recruiting too.
I guess we disagree. Sefo constantly under pressure, can't make 4th and short, Callahan not being used at all. I'm not sold on him, but between the 2, Neinas should definitely go first.

I guess we disagree. Sefo constantly under pressure, can't make 4th and short, Callahan not being used at all. I'm not sold on him, but between the 2, Neinas should definitely go first.

You can replace an O-line coach mid season. I say we give him the offseason to get his **** together. I'm on board to burn Norma's the day after Utah.

Hopefully there will be numerous coaching evaluations and adjustments made come December - although it wouldn't surprise me if there weren't any changes until after Feb. signing day.

Back