What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU vs [REDACTED]- GAME THREAD

If this conference actually gave a **** about that, they'd have started this season the same day the Big 10 did.

Again-the only thing that makes sense is to cancel the game and award the title to USC. The game isn't going to be much of a windfall-nobody can go because of COVID and the ratings will suck.
That’s not true either. The pac started on that date because that is the amount of prep time the coaches said they needed after the testing got to the schools, which was required for the california and oregon schools to begin practicing.

As if the P12 wasn't already viewed badly, it started playing 2 wks after the B+2 the last power 5 to begin is one thing...now the P12 comes across as a totally disorganized fly by the seat of the pants cluster.
I already hated being in the P12, the crappy network, low payout and now this.

That’s not true either. The pac started on that date because that is the amount of prep time the coaches said they needed after the testing got to the schools, which was required for the california and oregon schools to begin practicing.
You and I had this conversation in October before this season even started-Why the wait until September on testing? That needed to be in place to do ANYTHING in terms of athletics this fall. The governors office in Oregon said they wouldn't put UO/OSU at any kind of disadvantage in mid-September, but hadn't seen requests from either school to do that. Newsom followed suit.

You and I had this conversation in October before this season even started-Why the wait until September on testing? That needed to be in place to do ANYTHING in terms of athletics this fall. The governors office in Oregon said they wouldn't put UO/OSU at any kind of disadvantage in mid-September, but hadn't seen requests from either school to do that. Newsom followed suit.
That was the earliest they could deliver the tests. They announced it but they didn’t come until the end of the month anyways. Some schools were ready to start playing earlier but there were some that hadn’t even been together for a long time so they needed more time to be ready.

By Sept. there was a greater understanding of the virus and who it effected most, to your point the P12 sat on it's hands and waited to see what the other P 5s were going to do instead of taking a lead.

Virtually ever dollar of revenue this year for CU football is coming from conference pay outs. And the conference has no leverage? GTFO.
Are conference payouts based on playing all of the games? If that's the case, is AZ going to get less money this year? We all know that is not a COVID issue. They got murdered on Friday night and the team quit. How is that different from CU saying that they do not want to sit around all week doing nothing when they could be playing? Plus playing another game would only add to the conference revenue.
You do what the conference asks even if you get screwed in the short term. These things pay dividends later if you position it correctly. CU should be coming out with statements like “While the situation is perhaps not best for CU individually, we will do what’s best for the conference. We are happy to be part of the PAC 12.” And then if you remain unhappy with the pac 12, other conference leaders take note, and say “you know, Colorado is the type of team player I want in our XYZ conference.” Airing dirty laundry and being a whiny bitch is not good for CU.
Do you really think that the PAC12 or other conferences are going to "owe us one" in the future if we agree to this plan? Other conferences want the Denver TV market. If they cared about whiny teams then Nebraska would have been kicked out of the B1G years ago.

That was the earliest they could deliver the tests. They announced it but they didn’t come until the end of the month anyways. Some schools were ready to start playing earlier but there were some that hadn’t even been together for a long time so they needed more time to be ready.
Stop with the excuses.

Are conference payouts based on playing all of the games? If that's the case, is AZ going to get less money this year? We all know that is not a COVID issue. They got murdered on Friday night and the team quit. How is that different from CU saying that they do not want to sit around all week doing nothing when they could be playing? Plus playing another game would only add to the conference revenue.

Do you really think that the PAC12 or other conferences are going to "owe us one" in the future if agree to this plan? Other conferences want the Denver TV market. If they cared about whiny teams then ****braska would have been kicked out of the B1G years ago.

The Big 12's TV value skyrockets with even just Denver back in the fold. The idea that its MWC if we leave the Pac is ludicrous.

Oh okay so presenting the facts of the situation are now excuses? Gotcha

I explained this to you in October-Oregon's governor said she would not do anything to put UO/OSU at a competitive disadvantage in late May. Why weren't both schools on the phone with the governor's office asking for permission to start practice as soon as they could test daily? Newsom quickly re-did California's rules to allow UCLA, USC, Cal and Stanford to start practice as soon as they had the testing too. Google it.

hahahaha more facts from you?

I haven't seen you research a response to me in the 10 years I've been on here-so I'm not gonna expect that to change now.
Well you clearly don’t know how these things work. Fox and Espn basically said the Denver market wasn’t very valuable when we left the conference the first time. It was valuable to the pac 12 because of the pac 12 network but the big 12 doesn’t have one so the in footprint/out of footprint cost is irrelevant.

We know that the Denver is a pro heavy, saturated sports market.

The Big 12's TV value skyrockets with even just Denver back in the fold. The idea that its MWC if we leave the Pac is ludicrous.
I want the PAC12 and CU relationship to work. The foot print is way better for our alumni and traveling to all of the Midwest flyover cities really sucks. We all know that Pullman sucks, but its a lot better than Stillwater, Waco, and Manhattan. I think that CU has Power 5 options if the PAC12 falls apart. If the PAC12 loses one team they can't have a conference championship anymore. That would basically take them out of the Power 5. CU holds the leverage because the conference falls apart if one team leaves. Replacing any of the current PAC12 teams with a MWC, MAC, or C-USA school would be a down grade.

I want the PAC12 and CU relationship to work. The foot print is way better for our alumni and traveling to all of the Midwest flyover cities really sucks. We all know that Pullman sucks, but its a lot better than Stillwater, Waco, and Manhattan. I think that CU has Power 5 options if the PAC12 falls apart. If the PAC12 loses one team they can't have a conference championship anymore. That would basically take them out of the Power 5. CU holds the leverage because the conference falls apart if one team leaves. Replacing any of the current PAC12 teams with a MWC, MAC, or C-USA school would be a down grade.
Big 12 has a championship game with 10 teams

I explained this to you in October-Oregon's governor said she would not do anything to put UO/OSU at a competitive disadvantage in late May. Why weren't both schools on the phone with the governor's office asking for permission to start practice as soon as they could test daily? Newsom quickly re-did California's rules to allow UCLA, USC, Cal and Stanford to start practice as soon as they had the testing too. Google it.
You clearly have no idea what you’re talking about with this. Tests didn’t get to any of the pac 12 schools until late September anyways so while you were throwing a fit it was irrelevant.

newsome came out looking like a complete moron through all of that as he didn’t know **** about his rules for these campuses. Not to mention Boulder went into a shutdown right after all of this was announced. The Oregon gov. Said that but there were restrictions when they tried to start up in the fall so there is a clear disconnect with what you are showing from may and what really happened in the fall.

ND joined the ACC via foresight which elevated the conference and as a result the ACC for this year has become a power FB conference + B-ball. I see nothing but a lack of vision and leadership on behalf of the P12 and it won't help during the next round of TV rights negotiations.
IMO CU should've left the B8 in 95-96 when the brand was hot and we could recruit based on the success we'd enjoyed for almost a decade.
I hate being the Iowa State of the P12...I hate being owned by USC and I really hate being referred to as a "once proud program".
The P12 doesn't give 2 ****s about the history of CU football unless it suits it, watch the P12 network through the off season it'll tell you exactly where CU stands < this became obvious during months before the season started when re-runs were all we had to watch.
If it wasn't for the BUFFS I wouldn't pay a damn dime for the P12 network..and we're strapped with it.
Been sitting on this bitchcapade for awhile.

Big 12 has a championship game with 10 teams
That works because the Big12 plays a round robin schedule with 9 conference games. The Pac12 would have 11 teams, so they would have to play 10 conference games. Probably not going to happen.

Support Yes GIF by Tristen J. Winger

I feel really bad that the players and coaches are being put through all of this.
But I gotta tell ya, this thread is the funniest thing I have read in a long time.

L.R.E.

Back