What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU vs [REDACTED]- GAME THREAD

You clearly have no idea what you’re talking about with this. Tests didn’t get to any of the pac 12 schools until late September anyways so while you were throwing a fit it was irrelevant.

newsome came out looking like a complete moron through all of that as he didn’t know **** about his rules for these campuses. Not to mention Boulder went into a shutdown right after all of this was announced. The Oregon gov. Said that but there were restrictions when they tried to start up in the fall so there is a clear disconnect with what you are showing from may and what really happened in the fall.

You're the dumbass who spent all of October telling me about how Newsom had better things to do. Now you're telling me he looks like a moron? Honestly-shut the **** up.

Last edited:
You're the dumbass who spent all of October telling about how Newsom had better things to do. Now you're telling me he looks like a moron? Honestly-shut the **** up.
Newsome said none of his rules were prohibiting teams from practicing/playing but his same rules prohibited gatherings of more than 12 people. He got called out publicly and backtracked and changed his rules. Yes he looked like a total moron. You have no facts backing up anything you are saying but okay I’ll shut up now

Why would the conference not just bump the North teams up? ASU would be without a game but they’ve also missed the most games in the South. CU vs Stanford in a rematch that also act as insurance on the Pac 12 CG

I was thinking about it, and if the conference championship TV slot is needing to be filled, they should have moved up the CU-Oregon game to Friday night and declared USC the champion.

The thing that is going to be a bigger embarrassment than anything else is if Oregon beats USC, and they try to crown a conference champion who didn't win their division nor finish with 2nd best record in the conference.

The PAC-12 has been pulling some bush-league nonsense for a while now and it's downright embarrassing for CU to be associated with.
How in the hell does Larry Scott (and probably others in the org) still have a job? I know it's a meme but for God's sake why the hell haven't the ADs or the Presidents or whomever actually oversees this ineptitude stepped in with some balls and get a damn leader? This all stems from awful leadership. There is no reason CU-USC-Oregon-Stanford etc etc can't be just as relevant nationally as the Big 10 or **** even the goddamn SEC with the right people in charge. We have name-brand, otherwise blue chip programs that can get great ratings nationally if done properly.

Clean house. Get some people who have a ****ing brain and this mess turns around real quick. It's not fair to the players, coaches or fans to get jacked around in a conference that thinks it's the WAC. The PAC has potential but **** me man this incompetence is ridiculous.

Don't play this weekend and go win the Alamo.

Lot's of BS. We are slated to play "o" and then that game is cancelled and it's announced "O" will play in the championship, We definitely can't beat them.

The PAC 12 is completely screwed up in how it is run with a grossly overpaid, incompetent commissioner.

Don't think for a second though that CU or any other school has an ability to defy what the conference dictates in terms of when and where they play.

It is very simple. The networks including Fox have the contract with the conference for the right to broadcast a specific number of games including a Conference Championship Game. For those rights they pay not the schools but the conference.

The schools in turn have a contract with the conference that gives the conference the right to dictate schedules in return for a share of the media money. If a team is unable to play due to health and/safety considerations within the guidelines dictated by conference policy or by governmental authority they still can claim their share.

If a school were to be available to play and simply refuse that would put that school in breach of contract. and the conference would by contract terms be able to withhold substantial amounts of the media payout.

In other words for CU or any other school, "No play, no pay." especially in a year in which they already have no ticket revenues, stadium revenues, and OOC game revenues giving up the conference media money to make a point simply isn't going to happen.

You can call Canzano a hack but he’s spot on here and Lance Carl seems to agree.

To be fair; We can complain all we want about how the PAC has handled this situation, but the PAC is gonna PAC. We knew that coming in to this conference. BUT, Colorado didn’t hold up it’s end of the bargain to force the Conference’s hand. If we would have beat Utah, we’re playing USC in the CCG. The national response would have forced their hand. Now they just get to sit back and ignore a historically bad team that didn’t perform well on national TV last Saturday

Just saw the news that we aren’t playing this weekend. I’m bummed and pissed. The Pac has done the absolutely worst job of the P5 conferences in handling operations during this pandemic which is indicative of the amateurish management of this conference.

Assuming they care, the university administrators need to clean house and start over.

To be fair; We can complain all we want about how the PAC has handled this situation, but the PAC is gonna PAC. We knew that coming in to this conference. BUT, Colorado didn’t hold up it’s end of the bargain to force the Conference’s hand. If we would have beat Utah, we’re playing USC in the CCG. The national response would have forced their hand. Now they just get to sit back and ignore a historically bad team that didn’t perform well on national TV last Saturday
Eh, I don't fully believe the Pac 12 would have done anything different had we beat Utah, but that's not even the argument here. The point is, UW knew they weren't going to play, well in advance of even yesterday's announcement. As Conzano states, why announce matchups, particularly one that they had to have known wasn't going to happen, only to leave the 2nd best team (by record) in the conference without an opponent? As he said, the conference continually fails to look at the big picture.

I think if you paid attention to what happened this weekend and the questions surrounding Washington it all makes sense in this ****ty covid world.

1) Washington had an outbreak and won the north. The cdc recently changed their quarantine requirements to 7-10 days instead of 14 so there was hope they might be able to play
2) pac 12 schedules 4 teams to go to LA in case the top teams from each division cannot play
3) Washington has top drop out and instead of changing the schedule for the rest of the conference we lose out on a game

does this suck for us? Yes but the plan to just anoint USC the champion without playing a game was awful too. It’s unfortunate but that is how things go this year. We came out and surprised everyone, almost won the same amount of games as we did last year in less than half the games. It didn’t work out and we fell at home after losing arguably out two lost important players on the team. **** happens but the complaining around here is laughable.

Eh, I don't fully believe the Pac 12 would have done anything different had we beat Utah, but that's not even the argument here. The point is, UW knew they weren't going to play, well in advance of even yesterday's announcement. As Conzano states, why announce matchups, particularly one that they had to have known wasn't going to happen, only to leave the 2nd best team (by record) in the conference without an opponent? As he said, the conference continually fails to look at the big picture.
Washington was hoping to be able to play based on new CDC recommendations but king county came out and said that was not going to change so they were officially ****ed and announced they couldn’t play on Monday. You act like this was super late in the week, it was Monday before lunch.

Washington was hoping to be able to play based on new CDC recommendations but king county came out and said that was not going to change so they were officially ****ed and announced they couldn’t play on Monday. You act like this was super late in the week, it was Monday before lunch.
It wasn't about King County and CDC recommendations not going there way. They weren't able to field a team, and it wasn't close. The conference had to have known full well UW was very unlikely to play (and if they didn't, that's just another example of complete ineptitude), but they went ahead and made the schedule and matchups anyways.

I think if you paid attention to what happened this weekend and the questions surrounding Washington it all makes sense in this ****ty covid world.

1) Washington had an outbreak and won the north. The cdc recently changed their quarantine requirements to 7-10 days instead of 14 so there was hope they might be able to play
2) pac 12 schedules 4 teams to go to LA in case the top teams from each division cannot play
3) Washington has top drop out and instead of changing the schedule for the rest of the conference we lose out on a game

does this suck for us? Yes but the plan to just anoint USC the champion without playing a game was awful too. It’s unfortunate but that is how things go this year. We came out and surprised everyone, almost won the same amount of games as we did last year in less than half the games. It didn’t work out and we fell at home after losing arguably out two lost important players on the team. **** happens but the complaining around here is laughable.
I hear you but I wish they had thought of a better contingency plan for when a team is left without an opponent like we are now. A plan that organizes a different matchup would be preferable. I mostly just want to see us play as much as possible in an already shortened season.

It wasn't about King County and CDC recommendations not going there way. They weren't able to field a team, and it wasn't close. The conference had to have known full well UW was very unlikely to play (and if they didn't, that's just another example of complete ineptitude), but they went ahead and made the schedule and matchups anyways.

Yes they shut down activities but more positive tests came up even when apart so it made it impossible to play before noon on a Monday.

Also this.

Yes they shut down activities but more positive tests came up even when apart so it made it impossible to play before noon on a Monday.

Also this.

The first tweet says everything I just stated... That it wasn't about King County's rules, but rather UW simply couldn't field a team due to tests last week and over the weekend. The positive tests may have continued into yesterday morning, but there was no way they were just miraculously going to be all good to go.

The second tweet was two days prior to the Wilner Tweet I posted, before his "source" told him that UW wasn't even close, so I'm not sure why that's relevant. King County rules may have come into play if the team wasn't actually experiencing a massive outbreak, but they were and there was zero chance they were going to play in the CCG.

The conference should have gotten ahead of it, forced them to announce on Sunday, and then scheduled the matchups after. Honestly, they could have done the same thing yesterday after the UW announcement, but for some reason, they don't feel the need to give the second best team (by record) in the conference a game. They'd rather give games to Utah and ASU, two teams that were at the crux of the Pac 12 COVID issues that caused a lot of this bull**** in the first place.

My guess is RG is working behind the scenes here to assure a bowl bid and part of that is not torching the conference in public.
LOL, CU to the Independence Bowl vs Army, a 3-3 Oregon team to play in the Armed Forces Bowl, and a Washington team that's dealt with COVID issues for two straight weeks creating a **** show to the Alamo Bowl.

Back