What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

DC Search Including & beyond the 1st 4 Candidates

Status
Not open for further replies.
How has something that has gone on this long have absolutely no information making its way into the public? Does the CU AD have some new found Omerta or have people simply stopped caring enough to look into it?

This is actually the way assistance coach searches go. Just got done listing to the Utah CFB show from yesterday, and nobody has any idea who Kyle is talking to or thinking about for either OC or DC. Some other nice tidbits thrown out:

1. Sitake and the DL coach is a huge hurt to Kyle's recruiting of the Polynesian kids. Probably needs to find 2 coaches who can fill that need. Oregon State made a huge power play with that hire. Given that Sitake was DC under Kyle (who really ran the Defense), it's not all that risky. Anderson was DC under Kyle and they have the same philosophy. So Sitaki is really the assistant DC (again). But he's chief recruiter.

2. Assistant coaches want at least 2 year deals. While that's not a problem perhaps for the DC contract here, it's very likely an issue for them putting together staff. This is archaeic. RG needs to get this fixed. If CU is really getting behind the football team, then at least get this issue on level ground.

[tweet]552950434965766144[/tweet]
This is/was one of the our targets, supposedly. Is it a good thing or bad thing that the Redskins want to talk to him? :lol:

If Scot McCloughan (Redskins' new GM) is the one who wanted to talk to him, he's probably a hell of a coach. If it was another Redskins executive that was seeking permission, the guy probably sucks. McCloughan is the truth

If Scot McCloughan (Redskins' new GM) is the one who wanted to talk to him, he's probably a hell of a coach. If it was another Redskins executive that was seeking permission, the guy probably sucks. McCloughan is the truth

He's done great with KC's LB crew. Also makes me think he isn't going to a college program.

We need an announcement before next weekend. Have to have a DC in place when the recruiting dead period ends and heading into AFCA convention where connects are made for filling out the remaining staff changes. If not, I'll get worried. Window for my stress level is about a week.

I'll be fired from my job if this search lasts another week.

Trying to be patient, a little doubt is starting to creep in though.

im not worried yet.... but once again is it always us who have to wait for all the dominos to drop?

I am. Actually, Im just shaking my head and sighing.

If McCloughan can keep his act together and stay sober, he's one hell of a GM.

why would the chiefs not allow the redskins to interview the guy, he's only the chiefs lb coach, right? don't you always allow people the ability to move up in the nfl?

I think he's been mentioned, but Peter Sirmon, USC LB coach, Recruiting Coordinator, Assoc. Head Coach Defense. I'd take him.

I think he's been mentioned, but Peter Sirmon, USC LB coach, Recruiting Coordinator, Assoc. Head Coach Defense. I'd take him.

The issue I have with Simon is he really has just jumped around with Justin Wilcox. He would be a bit of a reach since he really has not stepped outside that comfort zone, but would be a bold move. Something that would not be so bad for MacIntyre.

The issue I have with Simon is he really has just jumped around with Justin Wilcox. He would be a bit of a reach since he really has not stepped outside that comfort zone, but would be a bold move. Something that would not be so bad for MacIntyre.

If we're looking for a model with what we want to do, we should think more Muschamp-DJ Durkin at Florida.....and not Derek Mason at Vanderbilt. I don't like the idea of MacIntyre doing what Derek Mason did at Vandy and anointing himself DC, and it doesn't sound to me (all I have to go off here is what he said to Ringo). I think we need to move quickly for a guy like Sirmon or Kevin Clune- both of whom make sense.......Clune seems logical to me to take over Hawaii if the Norm Chow rumor is true.

The more talk I hear about Clune the more nervous I get. He may turn out to be a brilliant young coach; but, I have been checking this freaking board on the hour since last Friday and Clune would be an underwhelming return on my investment. Plus, my biggest concern is that we bring in at least a couple ace recruiters (MacIntyre can help cover for an inexperienced DC), and if we get Clune, with limited contacts, I will be checking the board hourly for another week or two worrying about the assistants.

2. Assistant coaches want at least 2 year deals. While that's not a problem perhaps for the DC contract here, it's very likely an issue for them putting together staff. This is archaeic. RG needs to get this fixed. If CU is really getting behind the football team, then at least get this issue on level ground.

Only issue is RG isn't a legislature and can't change laws. His only other choice is to tell the volleyball coach to take a yearly contract or take a hike or do the same for himself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The more talk I hear about Clune the more nervous I get. He may turn out to be a brilliant young coach; but, I have been checking this freaking board on the hour since last Friday and Clune would be an underwhelming return on my investment. Plus, my biggest concern is that we bring in at least a couple ace recruiters (MacIntyre can help cover for an inexperienced DC), and if we get Clune, with limited contacts, I will be checking the board hourly for another week or two worrying about the assistants.
Wow if you want ROI for your time and energy spent worrying about the Buffs and reading/writing about them on AB, good luck with that. Did you see that stat that we have the worst ROI in football based on wins/$ spent? No surprise there of course.

Only issue is RG isn't a legislature and can't change laws. His only other choice is to tell the volleyball coach to take a yearly contract or take a hike or do the same for himself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have suggested this before but why can't a coach get a long term contract at a booster's company? It won't violate any ncaa rules as far as I know.

I guess we would need great boosters for that to happen.

The state needs to get out of the CFB business if they don't want to compete. Are we the only state with such restrictions?

Wow if you want ROI for your time and energy spent worrying about the Buffs and reading/writing about them on AB, good luck with that. Did you see that stat that we have the worst ROI in football based on wins/$ spent? No surprise there of course.

While I appreciate your time, efforts, and numerous posts/threads about Buff football here and on Rivals, I am extremely concerned about your personal ROI....you may want to pursue a different team to follow, a new hobby, chasing chicks, etc because you are going to go broke at this rate.

The state needs to get out of the CFB business if they don't want to compete. Are we the only state with such restrictions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back