What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

DC Search Including & beyond the 1st 4 Candidates

Status
Not open for further replies.
The state needs to get out of the CFB business if they don't want to compete. Are we the only state with such restrictions?

When we passed TABOR in the early 90s, the people voted for it, these rules were included. It impacted ALL institutions state wide, educational and not. It's kept the state fiscally very very healthy. But it has had this impact on CFB. An amendment to modify, excluding athletic departments, could solve the problem.

When we passed TABOR in the early 90s, the people voted for it, these rules were included. It impacted ALL institutions state wide, educational and not. It's kept the state fiscally very very healthy. But it has had this impact on CFB. An amendment to modify, excluding athletic departments, could solve the problem.

There is nothing at all that is positive about TABOR. Our state went from good schools and good infrastructure to crap and crap. Seemed like a good idea at the time, but we were snowed under big time. I hope Doug Bruce slips on some ice and gets a jagged icicle up his ass.

Wow if you want ROI for your time and energy spent worrying about the Buffs and reading/writing about them on AB, good luck with that. Did you see that stat that we have the worst ROI in football based on wins/$ spent? No surprise there of course.
i don't expect much for my ROI, just more exciting than a first year DC from Hawaii. If we land someone like Pendergast, Seto or Hobby, I will consider the time well spent (assuming I don't get fired).

i think a majority in this state could care less about cu or csu football

When it comes to CSU, you're right. If CU was nationally relevant, the state would get behind them, just like every other sports team in this state. The Broncos are the only team in CO that is "success proof". When the Rockies, Avs, and Nuggets are bad, nobody cares. When they are good and in the playoffs, they all sell out. CU football would be the same way if they were a perennial top 25 team competing for Pac 12 Championships.

i think a majority in this state could care less about cu or csu football
If you are talking, strictly, numbers. I doubt if the majority of Americans care about football as a whole other than in the South and some of the Southwest (Texas).

If you are talking, strictly, numbers. I doubt if the majority of Americans care about football as a whole other than in the South and some of the Southwest (Texas).

Depends on how you define "care," but I bet a vast majority of Americans watch at least one football game each year. By contrast, I'd be surprised if more than 10% of Coloradans watch even a single CU game annually.

That's the first I've heard. The news always tied this issue to TABOR.

I don't have time to research it right now, but my memory is that the limitation on multi-year contracts was a direct reaction by the General Assembly to Bill MacCartney's "outrageous" multi-year contract after the Buffs won the mythical national championship for 1991. He got, as I recall, over a million a year, which was unheard of. So the bozos under the dome had to "do something." And this is what we got. It didn't even solve the problem, but at least they could say that they "did something."

So are we safe to assume that our top target for DC, at this point, is someone on an NFL roster that is currently in the playoffs (ie Seto)? I am baffled that this hire is taking this long and that is the only logical reason, other than everybody is turning down the position.

not trying to argue but near my season tickets 40 yd line 30 rows up there are plenty of empty seats masquerading as cu fans

So are we safe to assume that our top target for DC, at this point, is someone on an NFL roster that is currently in the playoffs (ie Seto)? I am baffled that this hire is taking this long and that is the only logical reason, other than everybody is turning down the position.

dom capers is on the short list

between waiting to hear who the new dc is gonna be and seeing pics of the new dynafit khion i'm slowly losing it.

I checked around for info on Wazzu and Utah. It sounds like Wazzu wanted Manny Diaz but struck out obviously. Their AD expects a hire by the end of the week. Completely quiet on Utah's end

Can we cross Pendergast off the list? If he was the guy, he'd be in Boulder by now. The only way is if he's our 2nd option and our top candidate falls through. Don't see it, though.

I think so. I agree, if he was the guy, there really isn't a reason he would not be here now.

Just shows what having a name coach does for a program, however superficial. Wazzu gets brought up all the time even though they're still a middling to sh*tty program. But they have the pirate so they're worth talking about.

I would be pleased if CU landed Pendergast, but nowhere, other than AB, do I see any reference to him and CU. The article talks about him at Wazzu, no hint of CU.
What a weird move that would be for Pendergast, but would definitely be disappointing to see it as a CU fan.

Some guys want to blow off the news that Pendergast could end up at Wazzu. If we get some no name diamond in the rough and they get CP who was reportedly a top 4 target for us from the beginning I am going to be one of the 1st in line for the meltdown crew. Have we really sunk that low? If that happens than the answer is yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back