What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

DC Search Including & beyond the 1st 4 Candidates

Status
Not open for further replies.
After looking thru this thread, I was thinking that the next DC is in the super bowl! There is no alternative in my mind! Thus, the latency of naming our new DC. I looked up assistant coaches for the Patriots and came away with nothing. Within seconds of seeing Seattle's roster a name smacked me in the face...Ken Norton Jr! It's not Seto people it's Norton. Dallas Cowboy! The three in one trinity, MM, Jeffcoat & Norton!

I realize that pot is legal in CO now but step away from the bong and get some fresh air. :canabis:

After looking thru this thread, I was thinking that the next DC is in the super bowl! There is no alternative in my mind! Thus, the latency of naming our new DC. I looked up assistant coaches for the Patriots and came away with nothing. Within seconds of seeing Seattle's roster a name smacked me in the face...Ken Norton Jr! It's not Seto people it's Norton. Dallas Cowboy! The three in one trinity, MM, Jeffcoat & Norton!
I hope you are right. Norton would be a big upgrade.
But Jeffcoat has to start bringing in some texas talent or we need to replace him.

A lot of praise was aimed Norton's way today during Pete Carroll's news conference. Norton sounds like an impressive coach with a history of good mentors. Great if it happens.

A lot of praise was aimed Norton's way today during Pete Carroll's news conference. Norton sounds like an impressive coach with a history of good mentors. Great if it happens.

If it is him we need to hope he is up for a promotion, he has never coordinated a defense, just coached LB's. What will he bring, run? Will he tailor his defense like a DC he has coached under, like the current Seahawks? Lots of questions with him.

I don't think there has been any indication anywhere that Norton is on our radar and vice versa. But I guess anything is possible. But I don't get the impression they have been holding off all this time to make the announcement. It sounds more like it has taken this long to find someone.

Do we find out this weekend?

This is pure speculation.....but maybe Mike Nolan? The last thing from rivals that made it here indicated that MM had an interest in two NFL assistants.......Nolan knows he's not going to be retained in Atlanta, and is pursuing other opportunities (Sr. Defensive Assistant in Arizona.....that Arians is more interested in Dick Lebeau for). He lives in Denver in the offseason.....Could we be waiting to see what happens with him? He didn't have a great year with the Falcons last year, and wouldn't be much of a recruiter, and he'd probably only be here if this happens for a year or two....but I think hiring him would turn some heads, and he's got a pretty solid rep as a DC, and would probably bring a lot schematically. A longshot, but I think this is probably more realistic at this point than either of the names off the Seahawks staff-there's a very good chance that at least one is heading to ATL with Dan Quinn when he is formally announced after the Super Bowl, and I'd say the other has a pretty good shot at taking over the defense up there.

Do we find out this weekend?
Supposedly there is some kind of media deal with RG before the hoops game but not sure that has anything to do with announcing the DC. It would be nice to get this over with. At this point no matter who they get, it is unlikely to have a positive or negative effect on recruiting for 2015 I would assume.

So now it is more about making sure they have enough time to figure out who their personnel is and begin to plan the defensive scheme with HCMM prior to the start of Spring.

Supposedly there is some kind of media deal with RG before the hoops game but not sure that has anything to do with announcing the DC. It would be nice to get this over with. At this point no matter who they get, it is unlikely to have a positive or negative effect on recruiting for 2015 I would assume.

So now it is more about making sure they have enough time to figure out who their personnel is and begin to plan the defensive scheme with HCMM prior to the start of Spring.

Not to mention they still have to hire another assistant coach.

I wonder if dropping another coach is still in the cards? New guy may want something more from his ACs than a DT coach who doesn't recruit.

When is Rick George's roundtable today? It sounds like we'll have some type of football announcement (maybe not DC related)

Yes, yes it has. Those in Dal Ward know it. At this point, we should brace ourselves for what comes next whatever it may be. It's going to take a miracle to pull what we would all feel is a "legit" candidate and keep all commitments in place. Batten down the hatches, folks...

In light of another decommit and the newest unrealistic DC speculation, I would like to BUMP this.

I don't believe the Buffs cooled on the nations leader in number of sacks. I just can't see why they would do that? Im not too butthurt about losing Boogie, but Fehoko is a big loss for our program. Very bummed. We need a pass tusher like him.

I don't believe the Buffs cooled on the nations leader in number of sacks. I just can't see why they would do that? Im not too butthurt about losing Boogie, but Fehoko is a big loss for our program. Very bummed. We need a pass tusher like him.

There were academic issues with him. Adam called it "mutual".

757872.gif

FootballScoop finally commented on the DC job on their radio but it wasn't exactly good news or really much news at all. He seemed about as shocked as us on how long it's taken and commented that it "wasn't going well", not sure if that was based on info or just an assumption. He also said "maybe maybe maybe they're waiting on Pendergast". (he sounded really unsure, wouldn't think much of it). He commented that making an assistant hire from within the Pac-12 would be a huge splash and we'd be crazy to hire outside of the Pac-12.

So yeah, pretty much nothing.

Very very few know much, I don't anticipate FootballScoop knowing much about it if Adam doesn't even know much (that he's reported I suppose)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Regardless of how it turns out, think it is safe to assume the process has taken much longer than initially intended. Hope we find a decent candidate and get it done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back