What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

DC Search Including & beyond the 1st 4 Candidates

Status
Not open for further replies.
[video=youtube;CDv431yMm-8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDv431yMm-8[/video]

A disgruntled Buffalo.... Second attempt ;)

Last edited:
Sorry I think the whole "we won't have a DC by the end of Spring practices" to be a bit extreme. Also ironic that you are also playing the opinion police.
Sorry it wasn't obvious to you that I was playing up the hyperbole there, particularly since spring practices don't actually end until the Pac-12 tournament. Quite frankly, if it drug out that long, I'd likely track down Rick George at the tournament and demand he pay me back for my football season tickets out of his own pocket.

Honestly, what makes you think, given what we've seen so far in this search, that we're going to have someone hired by NLOI day? I don't have a problem with you disagreeing with that take if you've got something to support an argument in that direction. I'm basing mine on the swings-and-misses we know about, and the revelation that they appear to be more focused on closing out the recruiting class than making a hire right now. Closing out may mean alienating potential signees by not letting them know who they are going to play for prior to signing on the dotted line.

Sorry it wasn't obvious to you that I was playing up the hyperbole there, particularly since spring practices don't actually end until the Pac-12 tournament. Quite frankly, if it drug out that long, I'd likely track down Rick George at the tournament and demand he pay me back for my football season tickets out of his own pocket.

Honestly, what makes you think, given what we've seen so far in this search, that we're going to have someone hired by NLOI day? I don't have a problem with you disagreeing with that take if you've got something to support an argument in that direction. I'm basing mine on the swings-and-misses we know about, and the revelation that they appear to be more focused on closing out the recruiting class than making a hire right now. Closing out may mean alienating potential signees by not letting them know who they are going to play for prior to signing on the dotted line.

Because I have faith in MM and RG to get this done. I'm not worried. The only reason people are freaking out is because they aren't getting updates like normal. That's fine, but sometimes it can cause people to go a bit overboard. I'm not really sure where you're getting that MM is putting recruiting over this hire, he has to be on the road recruiting one way or the other. I'm pretty sure you're talking about the DC article yesterday, and I guess that's fair but I don't see it as putting recruiting over the hire. We don't know the time management so it's really tough to comment one way or the other. I would imagine though that the hire is the priority at this point.

Everything is fine. The DC search is in good hands. Be patient. You'll be pleased with the end result. Go Buffs!
Sahaf.jpg

I think you are not speaking accurately about what LaRussa said - LaRussa didn't say anything about Baer.

Yes he did.

LaRussa said he has read stories about his departure from CU that has mischaracterized the situation. He said he chose to take the job with UNLV for numerous personal and professional reasons, including having more responsibility on the UNLV staff than he had at CU. In addition to coaching safeties, he is the special teams coordinator. He said he has a long-standing friendship with new UNLV head coach Tony Sanchez, who was hired from Bishop Gorman High School in the Las Vegas area. LaRussa also met his wife, a UNLV alum, during his previous stint coaching at the school as a defensive graduate assistant (2005-08).

"No one was forced out. We weren't fired," LaRussa said. "When coach Baer and I left, it wasn't easy to say goodbye, but we left on good terms. We had a good working relationship (with MacIntyre) and there was nothing negative leaving.
"Coach Mac was never anything but fair and honest. Did we work hard? Yeah, we worked hard but we were trying to revitalize a program. So you're not going to work eight-hour days when you're trying to do that. I have nothing negative to say about him as a boss and as a person."

Must of been talking about a different Baer.

Last edited:
I think it is sweet that you think we're going to have a new DC on board before signing day. Even if they hired someone this week (which it doesn't sound like they plan to) they'd only have a week to try to re-recruit guys.

The pooch has been royally screwed in this whole DC changeover. Makes an already weak program look even weaker that we can't even dupe anybody into taking a job with us at this point. It will be a major problem if they don't have someone in place by NLOI Day. The way this is going right now, I'm guess we're going to end spring practices without a DC on staff.

Yes, yes it has. Those in Dal Ward know it. At this point, we should brace ourselves for what comes next whatever it may be. It's going to take a miracle to pull what we would all feel is a "legit" candidate and keep all commitments in place. Batten down the hatches, folks...

Should we hold a candlelight vigil?

I for one am pleased to see CU's AD exercising fiscal responsibility. Every day these vacancies aren't filled means dollars retained for the program. This delay is impacting our bottom line!

Sheesh. Can't believe nobody raised this angle yet.

Because I have faith in MM and RG to get this done. I'm not worried. The only reason people are freaking out is because they aren't getting updates like normal. That's fine, but sometimes it can cause people to go a bit overboard. I'm not really sure where you're getting that MM is putting recruiting over this hire, he has to be on the road recruiting one way or the other. I'm pretty sure you're talking about the DC article yesterday, and I guess that's fair but I don't see it as putting recruiting over the hire. We don't know the time management so it's really tough to comment one way or the other. I would imagine though that the hire is the priority at this point.
That's fine. All I can say is that the proof is in the pudding, and we are currently 30 days out from Baer and Larussa leaving/being forced out/whatever. Every day that the position is not filled is a problem. Compounded by 30, it has built up a lot of upsetness in me. That makes me question my faith in MM & RG at present. We'll see how much of that is restored based on the quality of the hire.

I can't understand why people can't understand how something like this does damage to a program.

That's fine. All I can say is that the proof is in the pudding, and we are currently 30 days out from Baer and Larussa leaving/being forced out/whatever. Every day that the position is not filled is a problem. Compounded by 30, it has built up a lot of upsetness in me. That makes me question my faith in MM & RG at present. We'll see how much of that is restored based on the quality of the hire.

I can't understand why people can't understand how something like this does damage to a program.
The time it has taken isn't unusual. It's a whole helluva lot more important to make the right hire than make a rushed hire.

The time it has taken isn't unusual. It's a whole helluva lot more important to make the right hire than make a rushed hire.

The right hire ship has sailed. That person is not coming to CU.

CU is administering the equivalent of a defensive coordinator Wonderlic test in hopes that someone that scores higher than a 7 is interested in coaching at CU.

The right hire ship has sailed. That person is not coming to CU.

CU is administering the equivalent of a defensive coordinator Wonderlic test in hopes that someone that scores higher than a 7 is interested in coaching at CU.
There is absolutely no evidence to support the bolded claim one way or the other.

There is absolutely no evidence to support the bolded claim one way or the other.

Honestly . . . do you have any doubt or level of concern over the state of the program, true direction we are headed in the long term, ability of Mac to recruit or hire a solid DC, or anything else that people are pissed and worried about? Do you really rationalize everything to make it look peachy keen?

Honestly . . . do you have any doubt or level of concern over the state of the program, true direction we are headed in the long term, ability of Mac to recruit or hire a solid DC, or anything else that people are pissed and worried about? Do you really rationalize everything to make it look peachy keen?
How the hell was I rationalizing anything there?

Well, I agree with this but, I'm not confident CU will make the right hire considering the recent failures.

Of course I have my concerns. 2015 will answer a lot of questions I have.

Please let us in on your secrets. You could even start a thread. It would go a long way to having people take you more seriously. You can even include stats.

Outward evidence or not, that is what has happened.

Speaking in absolutes for quite some time now, and nobody has questioned you?? I didn't think that was allowed on AB!

Where is your information coming from that's allowing you to make such definitive statements, with no sources to back it up?

'Tini. I was you during the Hawkins debacle. Look where it got me. A life of shame and ridicule. Now my wife falls asleep on the couch and my dog ****s on the floor. :sad1:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back