What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Expectations for the rest of the season

Not that we are going to win out or anything, but the schedule is really not that bad down the stretch. Six wins is well within reach.
Lose this week and we are totally screwed, though. I realize that goes without saying, so I said it anyway.

Not that we are going to win out or anything, but the schedule is really not that bad down the stretch. Six wins is well within reach.

It's a real possibility that we go winless in conference play this year. I mean I thought:
After UW: yeah, well....woulda been amazing, but come on they're a top 10 team and the PAC-12 leader, let it go.

After UCLA: ah crap, we needed that to prove we just lost to UW because they're UW, but UCLA's got some talent they're legit,.

After Arizona: are you kidding me? We're slugging it out with maybe the worst team in the PAC-12? ....and we LOST?! I guess we're that bad...

Halfway through OSU (immediately after their ****ing head coach walks away, and another candidate for worst in PAC-12): we're losing. Even if we were won I wouldn't make much of it, other than being happy we won.
Yeah, apparently we are that bad.

After that impressive win today, I expect we'll win the rest of our games, with a little help that will include the Pac12 championship and the Rose Bowl.

I don’t expect to win another game. This team is awful.
208.gif

We might get wins over ASU and Cal, but I certainly don't expect to.

Nobody who wears black and gold should ever, ever say "we were a few plays away from having a great season."

Losers say that.

And we know that from very bitter experience.

Nobody who wears black and gold should ever, ever say "we were a few plays away from having a great season."

Losers say that.

And we know that from very bitter experience.
Reality is we are a few plays from a dramatically different year. Simple, factual observation.

Either direction. Could have easily won both the UCLA and UA games. Completely gave the UCLA game away.

That’s a selective point - get real. CU was dominated today, almost a 200 yard total offense advantage by OSU, and somehow still won. If UCLA was a game CU should have won; today was one they should have lost.

A few Pac-12 nuggets to chew on.
  • Did Leavitt do great work here? Of course. He is a very good DC. However, he is not quite the omnipotent football god that some make him out to be. His defense full of 4 star recruits gave up 49 to Stanford.
  • Yeah, Tate made us look silly last week but he did the same thing to UCLA. He looks truly special. We had a real chance to beat AZ. UCLA lost by 3 scores.
  • The mighty Cougs put up 3 points Friday. 3.
  • Invincible Washington went down.
The bad news is Eliot is looking like a really bad hire and Lindgren doesn't seem to be doing a very good job of coaching up a young QB who has all the physical tools. We all want to see better. The good news is we're not the only team with issues.

We haven't come anywhere close to a complete game on offense where the running game and passing game are both clicking. If they can get it together this team still has a puncher's chance at two or three more wins. It's definitely looking like we're going to have to outscore teams to do it. I'm a little worried that USC's o-line is going to have their way with us so I'm putting that in the L column. Anything can happen in the other games. There is not a lot separating 3 through 11 in the Pac. Yes, I think the Beavers are a clear #12. We beat a fired up team on the road despite a lackluster passing game. Without the OSU coaching change I don't think they would have had the same energy and it wouldn't have been close.

This is not a good team.

Since everyone is so fond of nicknames, we should call the guys in the trenches the Charmin boys. Pass blocking is just abysmal. The DL, excepting Jackson, is just awful. In a word ...soft.

CU finally has a QB with real game changing talent, and he has to run for his life on nearly every pass play.

Eliot is a disaster. The defense is getting worse by the week. 569 yards of offense, including 6.1 ypc, posted by the worst team in the P12. Folks, Oregon St. is the NUMBER 100 team out of 129 in total offense. And that 100 number INCLUDES, last night's track meet. I am guessing the 569 boosted their team offense ranking significantly.

MikMac does a number of things well, but picking AC's and recruiting, OL in particular, are not among them. Eliot is the dumpster dive hire the UK fans said he was. You would think after the Boise St. people letting us know HaLk was a dud we would listen to the UK people. The D made Garretson look like an All-P12 player, and Nall looked like Earl Campbell out there.

MikMac looks like a coach who can win with a team full of 5th year Srs. Pity that only happens every few years or so. We may have a one hit wonder on our hands.

Fortunately, Bernardi is still on staff to right the ship. :rolleyes:

I thought 8 wins was a reasonable, albeit optimistic, take at the beginning of the year...I may have been overestimating the wins by a factor of two.

Gotta find a way to generate more pressure, it'll help the cover guys too. What blitzes do they draw up, hell who really cares if it gets there? Seen alot of teams running cross dog blitzes lately, attacking the middle or A gaps. That might be a good place to start. Lewis would be good at it.

I am hopeful that yesterday gives this team the confidence to continue their progression on offense and hopefully right the ship a bit on defense. They looked unstoppable on the last two drives.

Wazzu is going to be tough next week, but Cal gave a pretty good blueprint for beating them. I think CU has the personnel to match up well on offense next week.

im thinking one more win.....and thats a big maybe..... im thinking all the road games are losses with maybe a punchers chance at az st...... cal at home is our best bet but not a walk through the park at all and usc will just out talent us in the end

Back