What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Facilities Plans...

Would just like to remind everyone of the article Ringo wrote the week of the spring game about there being no ceremony there...fwiw

Would just like to remind everyone of the article Ringo wrote the week of the spring game about there being no ceremony there...fwiw

So what, are you suggesting the article is wrong and all the money has been raised? What would be the point of keeping that a secret if true?

So what, are you suggesting the article is wrong and all the money has been raised? What would be the point of keeping that a secret if true?

More of just pointing out that we heard this song and dance from Ringo recently and it ended up being true. I have no idea if we're starting construction, but there is a sustainability event in the club level at noon tomorrow so we'll see what that entails.

More of just pointing out that we heard this song and dance from Ringo recently and it ended up being true. I have no idea if we're starting construction, but there is a sustainability event in the club level at noon tomorrow so we'll see what that entails.

That would be the "ground breaking", no? It sounds like they're going ahead with the ceremony but that's it until the rest of the money is raised. Maybe Ringo has it wrong, but either way it's strange.

Maybe there will be an announcement...

Another announcement, of course, when it comes to the CUAD, wouldn't be groundbreaking.

Unless, perhaps, the announcement were to be about groundbreaking, in which case, it has already been announced, and therefore not a groundbreaking announcement about groundbreaking.

Great. The new facilities will be made from recycled tires.

CU sent out this media invite over the weekend

BnaNnrKCIAA5cSr.jpg

What a ****ing waste of money that could have been used for the stadium improvements. Of course, the funds for this atrocity probably came from a different pool of cash. Wish they'd have built an Olympic size pool to maybe bring swimming back but whatever, **** it.

Student fee for the rec center I think. I paid it back then. They pay it now. Nothing to do with the Ath Dept. on the opposite side by Folsom they took the tennis courts and grew the foot print. Tennis courts are now on the roof which probably leaves a nice view.

If they did, it would have to be carbon neutral. Otherwise a poolside shanty town would go up in protest of GloWa.

CU has its own power plant. There are two legacy boilers on the south end of the building that produce all the super heated steam to heat campus as well as electricity. When I was there in the 90s two GE gas turbines were added on the north side for additional electricity production. CU produces 10% over what it needs and sells that to Xcel to pay for costs and upgrades. So yeah, heating that pool shouldn't be a problem.

One of the coolest building on campus if you can get into it.

Last edited:
I work out in the Rec Center when I'm in town. I'm impressed that our students on this board are complaining about it. Yes, it's spread out over a number of floors--it's a product of a spacious facility. I wandered for a half-hour or so the first time I went in, and learned where most things were. Now I tailor my workouts to spend a little time on each of the three levels. It's certainly the nicest facility I've ever worked out in.

The pool. I agree that it's not the most practical thing. But it's still pretty cool. The only thing that drives me nuts is that it seems to have a basic, gray concrete bottom. It makes it look dirty and drab. It needs some tile or something to make it pop. Especially in the shallow (for recliners) area around Ralphie's chin.

Finally. Who is going to the groundbreaking today? Talking to my girlfriend last night, it sounds as though it snowed all day yesterday. Should be fun.

Westminster got hit pretty hard (6-7 inches). Our power was flickering this morning and our trees in our backyard were pretty loaded with snow.

double post since it's actually news:

[tweet]465912006030000128[/tweet]
I know the regents rescheduled their meeting so they could attend the ground breaking today. Guess them using their shovels count as a new vote rescinding the 47million raised requirement?

And this will shock no one, but this fine young reporter is a nebraska native:

[tweet]465912654767198209[/tweet]
[tweet]465913014982422528[/tweet]

Last edited:
double post since it's actually news:

[tweet]465912006030000128[/tweet]
I know the regents rescheduled their meeting so they could attend the ground breaking today. Guess them using their shovels count as a new vote rescinding the 47million raised requirement?

And this will shock no one, but this fine young reporter is a nebraska native:

[tweet]465912654767198209[/tweet]
[tweet]465913014982422528[/tweet]

wonder if Ringo's article yesterday was designed to 'wake-up' some donors who had given verbals but nothing more at that point ...

The way the AD talked about this, I always thought that they had a greenlight and the "raising 1/3 of the money" was a fundraising gimmick. It would've just been too insane to talk about completion by next summer and then say, whoops, we didn't raise enough money. This is good news, in any case.

Sarah Kuta seems awful.

In the snow? I guess all things considered it's better than the godforsaken prairie (where it also sometimes snows in the Spring...and worse).

As long as they are beginning, that is all I care about at this point. The program needs to be able to sell facility upgrades.

Back