What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Facilities Plans...

Thank you, Tom Kensler. With him back on the Buffs beat, the Denver Post is now providing good coverage of CU and striking the correct tone.

(Admins - we should add the DP back into our Newsroom RSS feeds)

CU Buffs Celebrate Groundbreaking of Facilities Expansion

Props to the Denver Post for setting a much more celebratory tone, especially when compared with Ringo and the Camera [h=1]CU-Boulder proceeding with $143M athletics expansion despite not meeting funding threshold[/h]

Just rewatched the Facilities walk-thru and the tentative completion of the NE endzone was Feb of '15. So construction not surprisingly going on during the season. That will be interesting, especially with the Ralphie run. Also someone on rivals said they already purchased season tickets for the section that is now officially under construction

Last edited:
[video=youtube;V6z0sQWHWeI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6z0sQWHWeI[/video]

Last edited:
Just rewatched the Facilities walk-thru and the tentative completion of the NE endzone was Feb of '15. So construction not surprisingly going on during the season. That will be interesting, especially with the Ralphie run. Also someone on rivals said they already purchased season tickets for the section that is now officially under construction

I have 1 seat in 121,this is the email I got this afternoon

cuadheader_01.jpg
Dear Matt,

Today was a monumental day for the University of Colorado Athletics Department as we held the groundbreaking for the transformational new facilities project that will advance the Buffs forward in achieving the vision of our program.
>>SEE THE FLY-THROUGH VIDEO

This project will move aggressively through its timeline towards completion with the first aspects of the plan coming to fruition this fall for the 2014 football season in the form of new premium seating. These new seating areas will affect your current seating locations in sections 121, 122 or 2, and we are committed to providing you as much information and options as possible to allow you to find a suitable solution for your season ticket needs. The remaining sections in the stadium will not be affected.

We will seat and or relocate all customers that currently have season tickets in these sections and have paid in full for the 2014 season by Priority Point rank. We will be contacting each account individually, with personal phone calls starting on June 9 to assist in your seating selection for the 2014 season.

Season ticket holders will have several options available to them:

1. Remain in your current section (subject to seating availability and Priority Point rank) at your current season ticket price for the 2014 season. After the 2014 season, the cost of the season ticket will be consistent with our other premium areas (Club Level or Flatirons Club).
  2. Relocate to another section in the stadium that is the same price point – again there will be no increase in the cost of the season ticket for the affected customers for 2014.
  3. Upgrade to another part of the stadium. For this scenario, any additional ticket cost or seating contribution will need to be paid for 2014 and be applicable in future seasons.
If there is inventory remaining after the re-seat/relocation process for paid-in-full season tickets accounts, we will offer new season tickets in these new areas. The pricing for new season tickets will vary depending on area and amenities included, ranging from $600 per seat to $1,020 per seat for 2014.

We will be changing all of these sections from bleacher seats to individual seats of varying types. Additional premium amenities will be included for 2014 and expanded for 2015. We look forward to speaking with you in early June to go over your options in more detail and find one that works best for you.

Thank you for your support of Colorado Athletics and Go Buffs!
T01_ralphie_review_12.jpg
Copyright © 2014, University of Colorado. The team names, logos and uniform designs are registered trademarks of the teams indicated. No logos, photographs or graphics in this email may be reproduced without written permission. All rights reserved.

University of Colorado, Athletic Ticket Office, 372 UCB, Boulder, Colorado 80309-0372
(800) 87-BUFFS
wecare_square.jpg

Last edited:
None of this is a surprise, but it seems clear that the editors of the DC are not on board with the athletic program at all. I wrote this in the other thread, but I think it might be worth adding in here, too.

I am not sure it makes a big difference, but it would be nice for everyone in allbuffs to read the comments and add a little "thumbs up/down" for the ones we support and ones that are typical asinine boulder bull****.

It would at least give a perception of what is going on is a good thing even if a few dip****s with handlebars stuck up their ass don't think so.

http://www.dailycamera.com/cu-colle...3m-athletics-expansion-despite-not?source=rss

Every time you see an article I think it would be a worthwhile exercise to make sure you are supporting good comments and disapproving the bad ones. When the average person takes a look and sees the anti-CU Athletics comments with plenty of 'dislikes' hopefully it will become ingrained that college athletics are an important part of a balance University and will ultimately be good for the community.

The people of Boulder who comment on the DC don't understand logic. If you don't agree with them, you're wrong. If you think athletics lead to returns in academics, you're wrong. A college should only be used for education, no matter what better academic schools do with athletics.

So they are taking out the bleachers in the north end? Are they building Dal Ward out towards the field for the new seating/space? Should look a lot better.

The people of Boulder who comment on the DC don't understand logic. If you don't agree with them, you're wrong. If you think athletics lead to returns in academics, you're wrong. A college should only be used for education, no matter what better academic schools do with athletics.

They each fluff one another reassuring themselves that college athletics are unnecessary. I guarantee you they get a high when plenty of people "like" their posts and they will become disillusioned if they begin getting lots of dislikes. I don't know. I am probably kidding myself.

i'm not 100% sure what you're getting at with the bolded statement -- VT is an example (that CVille likes to point out) of a school whose academics benefited from athletic notability, by way of increased admissions.

Spending on big-time college athletics is often justified on the grounds that athletic success attracts students and raises donations. Testing this claim has proven difficult because success is not randomly assigned. We exploit data on bookmaker spreads to estimate the probability of winning each game for college football teams. We then condition on these probabilities using a propensity score design to estimate the effects of winning on donations, applications, and enrollment. The resulting estimates represent causal effects under the assumption that, conditional on bookmaker spreads, winning is uncorrelated with potential outcomes. Two complications arise in our design. First, team wins evolve dynamically throughout the season. Second, winning a game early in the season reveals that a team is better than anticipated and thus increases expected season wins by more than one-for-one. We address these complications by combining an instrumental variables-type estimator with the propensity score design. We find that winning reduces acceptance rates and increases donations, applications, academic reputation, in-state enrollment, and incoming SAT scores.

http://nber.org/papers/w18196

The people of Boulder like to ignore that a University can benefit greatly with athletics and instead act like athletics are pure evil

Last edited:
1. As someone whose adopted the Buffs, I'm excited. probably not as excited as those of you who've been following the team for decades, but I'm happy with you nevertheless.
2. Timing: lots of speculation yesterday about why they are starting ahead of having the money -- could it be as simple as when they worked the schedule backward from 9/13/14 (ASU game) that the choice became either "start now at risk" or "put off until next year"?

i'm not 100% sure what you're getting at with the bolded statement -- VT is an example (that CVille likes to point out) of a school whose academics benefited from athletic notability, by way of increased admissions.

Pretty sure it's sarcasm...unless YOUR comment was sarcasm. In that case, 2x sarcasm = incomprehensible.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As far as not being quite there in terms of fundraising, could it not be that the last donation to get them over the hump was contingent on ground being broken? That would explain the willingness of the regents to allow the project to move forward despite Ringo's report that the 1/3 has not been fully raised.

As far as not being quite there in terms of fundraising, could it not be that the last donation to get them over the hump was contingent on ground being broken? That would explain the willingness of the regents to allow the project to move forward despite Ringo's report that the 1/3 has not been fully raised.

totally plausible but would require critical thinking by BDC posters and work by Ringo to confirm...

totally plausible but would require critical thinking by BDC posters and work by Ringo to confirm...

Haha.

SD and some others have been saying for a while that there has been talk of some significant donors ready to step up as soon as they see that this is actually going somewhere.

To put it in business investment terms, not everyone who invests in you is part of the early stage Series A round. A number of investors are more comfortable putting their money into Series B.

Haha.

SD and some others have been saying for a while that there has been talk of some significant donors ready to step up as soon as they see that this is actually going somewhere.

To put it in business investment terms, not everyone who invests in you is part of the early stage Series A round. A number of investors are more comfortable putting their money into Series B.

and here's hoping that series B will include some of the more vocal "forever buff" crew who continue to benefit from their time on campus...

How hard is it to confirm the names of the major players in any article you write at any level? :lol:

think tini is being sarcastic, as we've got a stubborn crop of morons in Boulder who refuse to listen to any logic on the issue. No matter how many facts you bring forth about athletics bringing in money and increasing applicants, they refuse to listen and believe this money is being taken from courses on rolling around naked on a canvas and interpretive dance that explores Japanese goat breeding. "Private donation" is apparently not in their vocabulary.

Glad to see the regents on board and willing to bend for the AD at a time when CU cannot afford to not build this. I think it helps that it is not just a football upgrade, it is not going to be a ridiculous palace like Oregon has, and it is going to include space for some research that could put CU on the map in the sports medicine field. Lots of benefits, not just for football.

Hope we see some of those donors step out of the shadows now that the have started dismantling Folsom.

I of all people was worried that nothing had happened since Monday

[tweet]466956577950273536[/tweet]

Tuesday was spent putting up fences around the construction zone

Yesterday there was visible progress in demolition

Back