What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Facilities Plans...

Solich wants to buy the Broncos and won't be donating much to the facilities project.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

I don't know if that is completely true. He will come through with the facilities donation. The Broncos thing would be a minority interest anyways.

I don't know if that is completely true. He will come through with the facilities donation. The Broncos thing would be a minority interest anyways.

The question is how much of a minority interest. And what happens if Solich and Elway try to purchase a majority interest?

after being a major part of the football hiring process and getting to go into the locker room immediately after the win yesterday he better step it up.

http://www.buffzone.com/columnists/ci_24678566/ringo-boyle-nets-his-signature-win

About 10 minutes afterBooker's shot ripped through nylon, a group of CU donors walked into the hometeam's locker room with former Denver Broncos quarterback John Elway in tow.They entered just as coach Tad Boyle completed his remarks to his players.Boyle, who played for Kansas, embraced booster George Solich like a long-lostwar buddy. He pumped his fist. I thought he might cry.

http://www.buffzone.com/columnists/ci_24678566/ringo-boyle-nets-his-signature-win

About 10 minutes afterBooker's shot ripped through nylon, a group of CU donors walked into the hometeam's locker room with former Denver Broncos quarterback John Elway in tow.They entered just as coach Tad Boyle completed his remarks to his players.Boyle, who played for Kansas, embraced booster George Solich like a long-lostwar buddy. He pumped his fist. I thought he might cry.

Ringo wrote that article? One could actually follow it. Huh....

http://www.buffzone.com/columnists/ci_24678566/ringo-boyle-nets-

how much is elway donating to cu? ...saw him sitting in the front row!

It's my understanding that Solich will be donating a large chunk to the project, but it won't be near the original figure that was bantered about.

Would be nice if Elway were involved too. Even if its a small amount, his support may draw some attention and support from the Bronco faithful.

what was the original figure?

One million dollars.

Dr.-Evil.jpg

So how do they pay for this?

Is the University paying the tab? What is the point of this presentation if there is no money on the table to pay for it?

About like me making a great presentation to my wife about how I'm going to drive a BMW in a few weeks and having no money to buy said BMW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
To try to drum up support for it. You have to sell it. Why do professional sports teams present proposed stadium designs when they aren't paying for it?, to convince the public it's a good idea and they should vote for it.

Can't rely on one whale at CU, for these projects. Solich is a good donor, but our AD needs to open up new ground, and connect with small dollar alumni. Hard to do when the team has been miserable for 7 years.

Holy ****. take a look at the comments on the DP article re:facilities upgrades to see how terrible the perception of CU athletics and investing in the program has gotten in this state.

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingn...lorado-athletics-pitches-140-million-upgrades
It's always bound to be that way with non-sports fans because they don't realize how important it is to the schools perception. The funny thing is the highest academic officials at any D-I especially BCS schools will say something along the lines, "whether we like it or not, sports is the front porch to our school, it's the first that we get identified with." But that doesn't stop some who are so fundamentally opposed to sports from saying something like "invest in classrooms, bio labs, research facilities, etc." Not knowing of course, the money isn't usually coming from the funds to support the general university structure. But I get from their perspective, even if I disagree.

Can't rely on one whale at CU, for these projects. Solich is a good donor, but our AD needs to open up new ground, and connect with small dollar alumni. Hard to do when the team has been miserable for 7 years.
It's better to have many small fish than one big fish anyways. Not a criticism on Solich, but when you have a Boone Pickens (which is better than having nothing), that type of figure is going to a ridiculous amount of power.

And you never know when one of your small fish is going to grow into a big fish....

It's better to have many small fish than one big fish anyways. Not a criticism on Solich, but when you have a Boone Pickens (which is better than having nothing), that type of figure is going to a ridiculous amount of power.

I would take Solich as a big fish funding the current facilities and then the rest of the donors raise money to pay off the debt and finance extra facilities since these are just a "need" and not a want.

if you want to play like boone you should right checks like boone. there have been around 10 people that have given over a million to the AD, there was a list in one of the papers a while ago. don't recall seeing solich's name on there, the big one at 2 or 3 mil was the the crocs guy. he paid for the bubble. he didn't get be involved with the football hire or bball party. pat ain't selling the broncos but i'm sure he would be willing/smart enough to sell a minority non voting interest to solich.

if you want to play like boone you should right checks like boone. there have been around 10 people that have given over a million to the AD, there was a list in one of the papers a while ago. don't recall seeing solich's name on there, the big one at 2 or 3 mil was the the crocs guy. he paid for the bubble. he didn't get be involved with the football hire or bball party. pat ain't selling the broncos but i'm sure he would be willing/smart enough to sell a minority non voting interest to solich.
you are gonna be surprised

Any idea how Rick George is trying to mend the fences with the former athletes that were upset about Embree? I would think the NFL alum would need to be involved to make this thing happen.

I'm pretty sure it was Solich that wrote the checks to buyout our coaching fails.

you are gonna be surprised

cool. not to change the subject but who do you think is going to buy them? solich made a nice little sum on his oil company but the donkey's are worth $500 to $700 mil. if he is selling them then thanks pat for being a great owner.

Back