What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Facilities Plans...

cool. not to change the subject but who do you think is going to buy them? solich made a nice little sum on his oil company but the donkey's are worth $500 to $700 mil. if he is selling them then thanks pat for being a great owner.

They are worth over 1 billion

The AD needs to move quickly. There is a lot of good will right now about CU athletics. Much easier to get donations when the AD looks as good as it does following this weekend.

I present to you the ugliest statues of all-time.

Not even close.
Sincerely,
UT
IMG_1473.jpg

Nothing is worse than black-face Vince Young running for his life.

It's like an army of creditors is behind him.

They are worth over 1 billion
wow, didn't know it was that much. think solich sold his company for a couple billion but he pocketed a couple hundred million. so it ain't gonna be him. if it was me i'd rather be the boone of cu than shell out a hundred million to be a minority owner of an nfl team. then again, looks like he get's to be boone with a few mil. i'd be kinda pissed if i was the crocs guy.

cool. not to change the subject but who do you think is going to buy them? solich made a nice little sum on his oil company but the donkey's are worth $500 to $700 mil. if he is selling them then thanks pat for being a great owner.
solich with a group

So what you are saying is Solich is going to purchase the broncos... to use revenue to fund CU athletics. Genius!

The Broncos are going for over a $1 billion IMO, not sure how much Solich is worth. Look how much the Texans went for as an expansion in 2000.

wow, didn't know it was that much. think solich sold his company for a couple billion but he pocketed a couple hundred million. so it ain't gonna be him. if it was me i'd rather be the boone of cu than shell out a hundred million to be a minority owner of an nfl team. then again, looks like he get's to be boone with a few mil. i'd be kinda pissed if i was the crocs guy.
Or he could what Steve Bisciotti, Stephen Ross, Ted Leonsis, and Stan Kroenke(with the Rams) have done -- buy a minority share and parlay that into majority ownership when the time comes. Even for the richest people in the world, there's only 120 opportunities to be a principal owner of a sports team. And leagues usually prefer, that the owner is a local.

Pat Bowlen probably needs to sell the Broncos. He isn't well. Time to cash the check, Pat.

I'd be kind of bummed if Solich was the new guy, though. I would prefer he put his money into the CU program, but it's his money. He can do with it as he pleases. I think I heard somewhere that he still has another oil company to sell, so that may be worth another Billion or two.

I don't know if he can afford it, but I guarantee Elway gets the first right of refusal if/when Bowlen sells the team.

I don't know if he can afford it, but I guarantee Elway gets the first right of refusal if/when Bowlen sells the team.
Does Elway have enough money for majority ownership? He'd have to find some absentee owner like the situation Nolan Ryan had (which didn't ultimately work).

I'm really confused (shuddup!). So, apparently we announced some sort of ground breaking in the summer. Now, the start of new facility construction, to me, would, normally, get some excitement going. But since that "announcement" a couple of weeks ago, I've heard nothing. I mean, shouldn't this be a big deal? Or did George just make the announcement to fulfill the stipulation in Mac's contract?

I'm really confused (shuddup!). So, apparently we announced some sort of ground breaking in the summer. Now, the start of new facility construction, to me, would, normally, get some excitement going. But since that "announcement" a couple of weeks ago, I've heard nothing. I mean, shouldn't this be a big deal? Or did George just make the announcement to fulfill the stipulation in Mac's contract?
That was probably part of it and they didn't want to say as such.

He said he had $10 million already raised, and $40 million in 'ask' donations or something. My guess is it'll become a bigger deal when the full $50 million, or 1/3 of the price tag, is raised.

He said he had $10 million already raised, and $40 million in 'ask' donations or something. My guess is it'll become a bigger deal when the full $50 million, or 1/3 of the price tag, is raised.

Or once they hire a design team and can get some renderings out there.

Elway did sell his auto dealerships to AutoNation for $82 million. Maybe he's closer to being worth $100 million but this is a billionaire's game so I can't see Elway buying the Broncos outright.

Elway did sell his auto dealerships to AutoNation for $82 million. Maybe he's closer to being worth $100 million but this is a billionaire's game so I can't see Elway buying the Broncos outright.

He did lose money in that ponzi scheme a few years ago.

Back