What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

GAME THREAD: Dick-Chards @ Buffs

Dallas Walton has been a huge surprise for me. Most of this could be that I don't watch any high school video, but I assumed based on the fact that he was lightly recruited, redshirted, and then not played much early this season (plus quotes from Boyle) that he was either a HUGE project at best or just a Ben Mills type 7 footer with no basketball skills. But he really has nice skills, a variety of low post shots, moves well, and can hit the open 3. He was awesome today, and if he continues to get stronger could be a great player. Great weekend for the Buffs!
He was on the road to being a 4 Star, or close, until he blew his left ACL out two years in a row in HS. He would’ve been highly recruited.

Cool of him to give proper credit to the Buffs.

He sure seems discouraged. I've always kind of liked the guy ... of course that's been kind of ameliorated given the recent revelations about possible payoffs to recruits.

“We’ll either fix it,” Sean Miller mused, “or we’ll keep getting our asses kicked.”

On behalf of 11 teams in the conference, I’m here to support option 2.

Only problem with today was the large amount of Zona fans in the Keg. They were feisty, but the team, and the fans, did a good job keeping them either quiet or drowned out.

At one point towards the end of the first half, there was this obnoxious zona fan in our section. Saying ridiculous ****. Old white guy with a damn respectable fully white mustache. Nonetheless, when he said "This is OUR HOUSE" down 15, it was too much. Things got awkwardly quiet for a second. I turned around and yelled back: "You paid for your players, not the house!" A youthful zona fan in a jersey looked at me and smiled. The old man shut the hell up for the rest of the game.

My favorite, however, was walking past the zona fans taking a group selfie after the game and thanking them for coming.

I'm even an asshole when sober.

Goddamn it's good to be a buff.

Only problem with today was the large amount of Zona fans in the Keg. They were feisty, but the team, and the fans, did a good job keeping them either quiet or drowned out.

At one point towards the end of the first half, there was this obnoxious zona fan in our section. Saying ridiculous ****. Old white guy with a damn respectable fully white mustache. Nonetheless, when he said "This is OUR HOUSE" down 15, it was too much. Things got awkwardly quiet for a second. I turned around and yelled back: "You paid for your players, not the house!" A youthful zona fan in a jersey looked at me and smiled. The old man shut the hell up for the rest of the game.

My favorite, however, was walking past the zona fans taking a group selfie after the game and thanking them for coming.

They had some stat that zona is now 3-9 all time in the keg. I think I saw that right.

Man. Saw Tad’s comments about ‘zona and SC’ being the most talented teams in the league in reference to the FBI investigation. All I have to say about that is ROLL TAD!!!!

Dallas Walton has been a huge surprise for me.

Dallas can improve even more and I agree with Tad that he COULD become a double-double type post player. I've personally always felt that Dallas would improve and had too much talent NOT to become a quality college player, regardless of the knee injury. If you happen to find any of his Fr and Soph video clips (from Ralston Valley, back then) you'll see a young vibrant shot blocker, a kid with good shooting touch, and one who clearly wasn't afraid to elevate and throw down over the top of people. He was smaller then, maybe 6'8 or 6'9, but I felt he was a pretty impressive player.

I don't have exact information in front of me but I do remember him receiving early attention from a number of high level schools. I wanna say that Wichita State, Oklahoma State and Kansas State were a few schools that were beginning to recruit him, at that time. I'm sure as well as Colorado and CSU.

Matt Muehlebach is such an AZ homer. The guy doesn’t even have a wiki page. Why the hell is he on the Pac Network? At least the lady on the recap show knows how to pronounce Arvada.

Often imitated, never duplicated!
media

Would have preferred to hear more of the FBI chant instead.
Not being a huge sports geek, in walking the upper level, noticed a guy walking with sign that said "Arizona cheats $100,000." So I googled it and learned about the cheating scandal there. I can see if a booster pulls this, but if a member of the coaching staff, the main asst. coach, pulls this, how come the NCAA hasn't sanctioned Arizona harshly? They should at the least be denied NCAA tourny. Appreciate any info or comments on this, on how this works.

I was always very high on him as a recruit.

But he was a high risk recruit because he'd hardly played in high school due to suffering 3 devastating knee injuries.

My thought was that if you can get a legit 7 footer who has nice touch on his shot, is coordinated, and has some athleticism, you have to take that risk because CU is not going to be getting Shaq out of high school. Just have to sign him, redshirt him, and hope he develops because if he does it's a program changer.

With the great work he did in the weight room the last year, he's way ahead of schedule and has exceeded even the expectations I had which were way higher than conventional wisdom with him.
Recall that Walton didn't start until recently, and didn't get much playing time early on. When he did, he looked slow and lost. But I am amazed at his progress. It's obvious he's a great touch shooter, can shoot the 3, hook, jump shot. Slam dunks are exciting but they count the same. Listening to him being interviewed after the game on the radio, shows this kid is smart, savvy, and has the passion. Now it's going to take Tad and the team to develop him into their scheme. If Miller comes back next season and Battey with his passion and promise, we're finally going to have some strenth in the front court. This was why I thought Arizona would dominate CU,, with their huge front court, while ASU's strength was in their back court, much like CU. Season looks a little more interesting!

So, I checked Pac 12 listings through Wednesday. Not a single replay of either game but at least 4 replays of Arizona at Utah. What a load of ****.
az game on at 4 today - think it was on at 5 a.m. too

I found out late I couldn't go and tried the 'official CU ticket exchange' on CUBUffs.com. problem is can't restrict sale to CU fans

"My favorite, however, was walking past the zona fans taking a group selfie after the game and thanking them for coming."
OMG! That's what I do after every KU and AU, er "UofA" upset! My wife gets after me thinking I'll provoke a fight (at age 70;o). I have two pair of tickets, one we share with our kids or friends or sell, and I often hate the KU or UA fans obnoxious chants that I stay home, sell both pairs to try and break even on the extra pair, but wife insisted we go. When we arrived early and walked the upper level, I couldn't believe all the UA fans, some with face paint, wigs, etc. These are the traditional power teams that have huge groupie/fan support. You'll find them coming early at an away game and going down to the floor to snap photos of their heroes. I sit in section NS2, where the player enter, and behind us is the main general admission, and this is where most UA fans were. CU led the whole game, and getting UA 20 down amazing how quiet these fans were, and how rauckous the CU fans were. This had to be sobering. And while they tried to get the "U of A!" chant going, CU fans drowned it out with "GO C-U" or "Lets go Buffs!" When UA made their late 2nd half run, they thought the drought was over, the AU bench was going crazy as were the AU fans. . . only to be put back on their seats with a rally by the Buffs. Way to go CU crowd. Walking to the car I passed a decked out AU fan with a huge letter "A" sign, and I couldn't resist saying " U of A! . . U of A". Don't come into someone else house and try to drown out the home fans with your team chants. Cheer your team, celebrate as need, but respect the owners of the house.

az game on at 4 today - think it was on at 5 a.m. too

I found out late I couldn't go and tried the 'official CU ticket exchange' on CUBUffs.com. problem is can't restrict sale to CU fans
I think the CU Athletics people try to keep this game out of the hands of AU fans, first by not putting this game into their "six pack" offer. But it's hard to control this in an open market. The best solution is better promotion of the Buffs, and tickets at more reasonable prices than the inflated prices well "after" the season ticket holders and local get first crack.

I think the CU Athletics people try to keep this game out of the hands of AU fans, first by not putting this game into their "six pack" offer. But it's hard to control this in an open market. The best solution is better promotion of the Buffs, and tickets at more reasonable prices than the inflated prices well "after" the season ticket holders and local get first crack.
I should be able to make my tickets available only to people with a Colorado DL or student ID or something. wasn't trying to make money

They're going to find a way in-regardless of how expensive the prices get in the resale market. As far as your other post toohip, I think the NCAA tries not to get involved in situations where law enforcement is involved after the Penn State scandal until the criminal investigations are complete.....after they gave them that four year bowl ban punishment only to have Penn State get the last two years overturned on appeal.

I should be able to make my tickets available only to people with a Colorado DL or student ID or something. wasn't trying to make money
Agree, but then you wouldn't make as much. I remember when I had 4 seats where the students sit now, I sold my extra pair for $200/ea to some fanatic KU mom, who brought her 12 year old son, bought him all kinds of Jayhawk paraphenalia, and he wasn't watching the game. She was so p'--d of at him. Kind of made me chuckle. I don't if AU fans bought my spare pair of seats ($125/ea) but the objective to pay off the $300 donation and ticket cost from CU, was my first objective. I even bought a pair of tickets in Sect 12 behind visitor bench for $40/ea, and panicked and sold them for $59/ea. Lots of scalpers out front asking to "buy" tickets. First time arena was sold out? this season.

I know some of you had the same sense, but it seemed like Siewert did not, umm, embrace the moment. That may have been my only disappointment yesterday.

I know some of you had the same sense, but it seemed like Siewert did not, umm, embrace the moment. That may have been my only disappointment yesterday.
Wow, I was thinking the same thing during the game. Defensively Siewrt was "OK" but offensively he seemed afraid to shoot. One time he got a pass inside had a clear shot and passed it off.

So, I checked Pac 12 listings through Wednesday. Not a single replay of either game but at least 4 replays of Arizona at Utah. What a load of ****.
Just curious. I only have Pac 12 National and none of the refional channels. I’ve got Dish Denver. I’d assume the Mountain Region IS showing replays. All I get, between now and next week’s games, are: UCLA at Stanford (6 times); Oregon at Oregon St.(4); Arizona at Utah (4); ASU at Utah (5); USC at Stanford (5). Really Pac 12? This is what I signed up for with your ****ty, California centric crap network?

Just watched. Great game! So excited for the rest of this season!

Back