What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Good day re:CSU

Lots of smoke on twitter right now that it is over. Player meeting is happening now and a flight from FoCo to Birmingham is scheduled (his kids go to bama)

Rumors from a few gator fans are that buyout was negotiated down to $3M and a home/home with UF. Will be interesting tonight to see what the terms are.

Lots of smoke on twitter right now that it is over. Player meeting is happening now and a flight from FoCo to Birmingham is scheduled (his kids go to bama)

Rumors from a few gator fans are that buyout was negotiated down to $3M and a home/home with UF. Will be interesting tonight to see what the terms are.

That would be a great deal if Dr. Frank was able to negotiate it. I doubt Florida would actually come to CSU, but that would be one hell of a program to open a new stadium with if they could hold Florida to it.

Alabama
Auburn
LSU
Tennessee
Georgia
Texas A&M
Arkansas
- all historically better than Florida.

Argument could certainly be made that Ole Miss and Miss. State are better jobs, today.

****. Why not add in Kentucky, South Carolina, and Vandy while you're pulling random SEC schools out of your ass? Seriously? Arkansas? A&M? Dude, get a grip.

Alabama
Auburn
LSU
Tennessee
Georgia
Texas A&M
Arkansas
- all historically better than Florida.

Argument could certainly be made that Ole Miss and Miss. State are better jobs, today.

****, Army is historically better then Florida. Must be a better job. Dartmouth, Yale... Cornell step on down. Alabama and LSU, your list can stop there.

****, Army is historically better then Florida. Must be a better job. Dartmouth, Yale... Cornell step on down. Alabama and LSU, your list can stop there.

I'd even argue against LSU. UF has a lot of advantages over LSU, IMO. Better school being chief among them. Facilities, money, etc. are all about the same. It might be a little easier to get a kid into LSU than UF, though. That's about the only advantage I can see for LSU. Thing is, the coach at UF doesn't have to worry about a lot of partial qualifiers. He has his pick of hundreds of 3* and better players every year.

I've just about talked myself into believing this is a pretty good hire for UF. They don't need a great recruiter at UF. They need adequate recruiters with very good football coaching skills. I think Sparkles fits that bill. If you can't recruit to Florida, you can't recruit.

It's a tough position for Colorado State. McElwain did a nice job there. But this is the nature of the stepping stone job. There is simply nothing that can be done to prevent a coach from leaving for a job they want more.

They did pretty well the last time they pulled a coordinator from Alabama -- might they go after another? (And I mean Kirby Smart - not Lane Kiffin)

That lack of winning against good teams should concern UF fans, a lot.

I dunno. He's beaten teams that have a clear talent advantage over him. CU and BC come immediately to mind. Probably Wazzou and a few others, too. He's good enough to coach his team to play above their talent level. At Florida, you don't have to coach too much higher than your talent level to have success.

I dunno. He's beaten teams that have a clear talent advantage over him. CU and BC come immediately to mind. Probably Wazzou and a few others, too. He's good enough to coach his team to play above their talent level. At Florida, you don't have to coach too much higher than your talent level to have success.

Tell it to the UF fans, not Snow. He doesn't have a dog in this fight.

I can understand people questioning a program like Florida hiring Sparkles, he hasn't been at CSU long enough to prove that he can maintain it, hasn't had to recruit SEC level athletes to CSU and be the guy in charge of an SEC level team.

On the other hand he was a solid recruiter at Bama, and before that, even though he didn't have to be the final closer. He was also successful as a coordinator (MNCs matter) at Bama, and took a historic 3-9 program to 8 wins then 10 wins at CSU.

The big question is for those criticizing the hire, who out there would be better? He may not be a good as some guys in previous years but by many accounts he is the best available this year.

Add to that the fact that Florida isn't the only big job that came open this year. Michigan, Nebraska, etc. are also looking for a coach. Florida didn't want to be stuck taking someone looked at as a second choice because somebody else grabbed Sparkles.

It's all about the market and this year he was the best option in a market that has plenty of buyers.

History tends to repeat itself. The last time UF hired a great coach, he was the coach of the year in the MWC. I think they feel like they have the next Urban Meyer on their hands.

History tends to repeat itself. The last time UF hired a great coach, he was the coach of the year in the MWC. I think they feel like they have the next Urban Meyer on their hands.
Sparkles is a good coach, but Urban Meyer is on a level about that.

Sparkles is a good coach, but Urban Meyer is on a level about that.

Only time will tell for sure. To be clear, I wasn't making the comparison. I think UF is, though.

And for all this talk about how UF isn't a top 5 job... Talking about Urban Meyer - he had a choice of coaching at Florida or Notre Dame. He chose Florida. UF is definitely a top 5 job. To claim otherwise is absurd.

Grayson sounding a lot like Baghdad Bob

07-minister.jpg

Only time will tell for sure. To be clear, I wasn't making the comparison. I think UF is, though.

And for all this talk about how UF isn't a top 5 job... Talking about Urban Meyer - he had a choice of coaching at Florida or Notre Dame. He chose Florida. UF is definitely a top 5 job. To claim otherwise is absurd.

Hey, prime recruiting area, 90,000 fans a game, lots of money, national championships, good school, adminstrative support
. No Florida isn't that great a job, certainly not top5.

sparkles is also rumored to be a top candidate for the fuskers. that buyout is going to become less and less relevant if the bidding war heats up.

i wonder if sparkles sent the uf guys home so he could hear what the fuskers are willing to offer... this guy became a red hot commodity. good for him. i thought he did a great job with the sheep.

Grayson sounding a lot like Baghdad Bob
Actually, if you read his tweets with a Napoleon Dynamite voice, it works pretty well.

People, STOP believing all these STUPID reports that we've been called into a team meeting. GOSH!

Back