What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Guess the Attendance: UCLA

tumblr_lraso8OpIj1qcqugio4_250.gif

This is somewhat unrelated, but I don't want to start a standalone thread on it so here goes:
We desperately need meaningful games at Folsom Field in order to change the attitude of our younger fans. It may have been an isolated set of incidents, but at the Stanford game two different sets of 5 - 7 young alumns that were near us left at the end of the third quarter in order to "beat traffic." Also, the CU section was almost completely empty at kickoff and didn't fill up until well into the first quarter and really not even until the 2nd quarter. Once it filled it was loud and rambunctious. It's understandable that to many of the young alumns the game has kind of become a secondary part of the experience, but that really needs to change. Nothing will do that like a rocking Folsom Field as the buffs win meaningful games at home.

Ok, now that that is out of the way, I say it's just shy of a sell out. 49876.
------------------
The Stanford game was in Palo Alto, no? So of course our student section was empty. Our ENTIRE stadium was empty. And people leaving early at an away stadium? So what?

------------------
The Stanford game was in Palo Alto, no? So of course our student section was empty. Our ENTIRE stadium was empty. And people leaving early at an away stadium? So what?
My point is that the actual game was secondary to them. If you remember the Stanford game, the game was far from settled at the end of the third quarter. It seemed a weird point in the game to leave.

It's looking bad at this point, guys. Really bad. Like maybe 42,000 bad.
WTF!?!?!?!

Folsom hasn't hosted a Thursday night game since 2012 (and CU fans keep telling me that year doesn't count)! what is wrong with these people? They'll ****ing pay $100+ to see millionaires play on a Thursday night but won't pay <50% of that to watch a Pac 12 game!?!?!?!?! Pac 12 has been slow jumping on the Thursday night train and this opportunity may not come again for a while.

For those who haven't experienced Thursday night college football know that, other than sex, there is nothing better than watching your team play live on Thursday night. Not only do you get the nighttime atmosphere, but you know that you're still going to be able to watch all the other big games this weekend come Saturday. This game has been virtually circled and starred on my calendar since the schedule came out. If I was only going to attend one CU game all year, it was going to be this one. /rant

Given the large area that the Pac covers, i wonder if there would be some benefit in conference subsidized flights for students and season ticket holders to make away games. Hard to estimate the ROI, but I believe it could impact how well the Pac games show on TV (i.e. empty seats look bad -- when I watch a game on TV with lots of empty seats, I always find myself wondering why I bother to watch on TV if people who live next to the venue don't care enough to show up). I also believe better visiting fan attendance could fuel the fires of developing rivalries, but again, that's a long term benefit and tough ROI to measure.

I will say that the CU ticket website is really really bogged down right now. Maybe people are buying tickets now that the game is 7days out.

It's looking bad at this point, guys. Really bad. Like maybe 42,000 bad.

I find that hard to believe. Based on a sample size of one, it will sell out... I plan to fly out from LA to see my first game of the year (was unable to get to the USC game)!!!

I find that hard to believe. Based on a sample size of one, it will sell out... I plan to fly out from LA to see my first game of the year (was unable to get to the USC game)!!!
There are many more tickets left with a week remaining than there were for Oregon State or ASU, and that's what I'm basing it on. In fact, the ASU game was basically even if not ahead of where we're at right now with 12 days left.

I'm concerned about the Utah attendance since many students will be on vacation since it's Thanksgiving weekend.
I was wondering about this a few weeks ago. That weekend has been really bad attendance since I've been attending CU games, so I looked at how that weekend did "back in the day". Before 2010, it sold it every year, but the opponent was Nebraska, not Utah, so I'm not sure the data is valid.

I was wondering about this a few weeks ago. That weekend has been really bad attendance since I've been attending CU games, so I looked at how that weekend did "back in the day". Before 2010, it sold it every year, but the opponent was Nebraska, not Utah, so I'm not sure the data is valid.
If Utah somehow beats Washington, that game will be a sellout.

Fun fact: Top attendance at Folsom was for the Fleetwood Mac/Bob Seger, Firefall concert in 1977 attendance was estimated at 61,500. Estimated because no one really knows it was likely a larger number. I believe CU Program Council had accidentally oversold tickets far past capacity. The pictures of that day are pretty amazing to look at it. There are crowds of people sitting on upper story windowsills.
20130429__30cdlcu3_500.jpg

Back