What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Hawk Show on AM 760 as we speak...

I would...Maybe we would get in return an engaged person running the damn sideline. He is a friggin joke. He must be humming Dead songs instead of paying attention to the game. Has a Hawk team ever effectively made adjustments during a game? (That is a rhetorical question).

Yes, he adjusts his package while humming, " roll away the dew" ....

Did your coach take fault in anything during the radio show? Like Coloradosker stated earlier...Callahan was a **** tard who acted like he was better than anyone else, and how dare you question his ****ty game tactics. Just curious if Hawkins took any blame for the teams last performance. Billy Boy never did!

He has before, he's been a stand up guy up for the most part in my book. Something happened around spring ball, and he really hasn't been the same coach imo. Just been stand offish for the most part.

***just sitting hear enjoying this at arm's length. remaining calm. spending the next 2 days lowering my blood pressure. otherwise the toledo game has the potential to kill me. carry on***

He has before, he's been a stand up guy up for the most part in my book. Something happened around spring ball, and he really hasn't been the same coach imo. Just been stand offish for the most part.

Look, we've all had bad haircuts, no need to let that grind at him. I think all he needs is a trip to super cuts and this season turns around.

***just sitting hear enjoying this at arm's length. remaining calm. spending the next 2 days lowering my blood pressure. otherwise the toledo game has the potential to kill me. carry on***

:lol: I love this board, you people are freaking hilarious and have made the past few days bearable pertaining to cu football :thumbsup:

Hmmmm sounds like something happened perhaps. Were there any CU recruits that Hawkins were high on, and they backed out? Maybe things are just wearing on him. Dunno, I gained a lot of respect for the man after last years game against us.

I know my point of view on this isn't popular scotch. I just think he'd get slammed either way.

I know, but I think FC has a valid point. His player just got knocked the **** out, and he didn't get on the refs for it. Whether he gets slammed for it or not, he sure as hell better go to bat for his player.

Look, we've all had bad haircuts, no need to let that grind at him. I think all he needs is a trip to super cuts and this season turns around.
:lol:

"But I don't wanna haircut!!"
313ef0e2fa992b2035a139e9adc509f5_goodphoto70.jpg

Hmmmm sounds like something happened perhaps. Were there any CU recruits that Hawkins were high on, and they backed out? Maybe things are just wearing on him. Dunno, I gained a lot of respect for the man after last years game against us.

Why?

Hellaf$$k leaving? :smile2:

Losing Josh Smith was a big blow to this team.

Ya, Diante Jackson backed out last minute and commited to Oregon. The internet scumbag thing started last November(it was a valid complaint as his family was being targeted by some on the Daily Camera's comment section). He started complaining about sites like Rivals and Scout. Seems he's starting to reach his boiling point, which isn't good.

:popcorn:

(seriously.....I'm actually sitting here eating a bag of popcorn reading this thread.........good stuff) :smile2:

Well anyways...I hope to God that your coaching staff get's the wheels back on track.....I need another team to beat those toothless morons other wise known as Missery or as they like to call it..."Mizzurah". That always drove me friggen nuts how they pronounce the name of their state like that!

what you are saying is that once the plan is in place it should be on auto-pilot and should run smoothly without any adjustment.

bull****.

the game moves in a dynamic way. the coaches need to respond to the dynamics. they need to work the players, the officials, and the crowd. they need to make adjustments to respond to situations as they come up.

i'm not seeing that to this point. and that is killing us.

If I did make the auto-pilot arguement, I would not believe myself either. That's not an arguement I can support.

I believe that Hawk is working the refs, but chooses not to do so in the heat of the moment. The concern on his face when he addressed the refs following their review spoke volumes. Those refs and every other ref in the B12 are going to see that collision, unadulterated by some maniacal coach making an ass of him self. Any coach outside of baseball that needs to use the refs as some sort of prop to inspire his team isn't doing anybody any favors. Nobody liked Bobby Knight. If Hawkins did a Gundy rant on the sidelines, he'd even have looked more foolish and akward than he already does. Picture Spock trying to act like Captain Kirk. It doesn't work. And it's a silly arguement.

If Hawkins is going to act like Gundy, I'd rather see him designing drives that exploit the opponent's defense. I'd rather see him pulling his recievers into a sideline huddle to coach them up.

The in-your face ref stuff is WWF quality drama, and that is not Hawk's style. It's also not the style of the majority of his peers.

Ya, Diante Jackson backed out last minute and commited to Oregon. The internet scumbag thing started last November(it was a valid complaint as his family was being targeted by some on the Daily Camera's comment section). He started complaining about sites like Rivals and Scout. Seems he's starting to reach his boiling point, which isn't good.
The frustration came out in the post signing day presser imo. He was so irritated with just about everyone.

Back