What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

How many wins for 2015 CU Football?

How many regular season wins (13 games)

• Total voters
I said 6. Some fans will call for coaching changes because we lost a game or two that we should have won and thus didn't make it to a bowl. But, others will tout the improvement of 6 wins versus 2 or 3.

Been there; done that many times. Never again.

How about only one CSU HC has won against Colorado in their first season...and that was Sparkles during Embree's craptacular worst season during school history. So best (possibly) coach in CSU history beat the worst coach in CU history. I'd give Colorado about a 95% chance of winning.

Gah, sounding like Tini.:puke:

Five. They'll lose one OOC game (either UH or CSU), and stumble into two conference wins. Nobody said the Pac 12 would be easy and the toughest conference games are all at home. You'd almost prefer to have those tough games on the road and the more winable games at home when you're rebuilding like we are.

I don't see how we do lose an OOC game-CSU will be breaking in a new coach, and if its not somebody already up there, they could take a step back. Not concerned about Umass and Nicholls. Hawaii's AD is stepping down per footballscoop, and they say Chow is safe, but I wouldn't say thats a sure thing. I expect that to be the toughest of the four, but I expect a win similar to the game that the two Pac 12 teams who played out there this year got. I see two other wins in conference-Oregon State and Washington State.

So, as of this post, the average is 5.7 wins. We need 7 for a bowl game. :sad1:

We may need 8. CU does not travel well.
And the other P12 schools have sterling reputations for traveling well?

We're not in the B12 anymore; I'm pretty sure we went from having being one of the worst travel teams in the old conference, to one of the best in the new conference. From both personal experience and reports it sounds like other P12 fans are shocked at how well we travel; their heads are likely to explode when we get good again.

I think the last bowl with a P12 tie-in is the Albuquerque bowl, and they aren't taking WSU or Cal over CU.

8. We squeak one out in HI, and go on to be 4-0 in OOC. There were a handful of Pac 12 games that we could have won (some we SHOULD have won) this year. We win 3 of those next year Between AZ, OSU, UCLA, STAN, WSU and UT. And we beat one team that we absolutely shouldn't between UO and USC....and then everyone feels that there is tangible evidence of where we're headed. I am writing off ASU as we never play well there.

Last edited:
If ever there's going to be a "down" year for the Pac-12, its next year...with all the QB talent drain (UCLA, OSU, UO, USC?, ASU) and coaches who inherited powerhouses begin to show their true colors (I'm looking at you Stanford and Oregon. Time to take advantage of that.

Miami, you made me agree with Tini. That was a dumb thing to say.

Fair enough. If we had 8 wins we'd probably get an automatic seating.

Rose Pasadena, CA
#3 Oregon (12-1) vs. Florida State (13-0)

Sun El Paso, TX
Duke (9-3) vs. Arizona State (9-3)

Holiday San Diego, CA
Nebraska (9-3) vs. USC (8-4)

Foster Farms Santa Clara, CA
Stanford (7-5) vs. Maryland (7-5)

Alamo San Antonio, TX
Kansas State (9-3) vs. UCLA (9-3)

TicketCity Cactus-(10) Tempe, AZ
Oklahoma State (6-6) vs. Washington (8-5)

Las Vegas Las Vegas, NV
Colorado State (10-2) vs. Utah (8-4)

Fiesta Glendale, AZ
At-Large vs. ^-Group Of 5
At-Large: Arizona (10-3) vs. Boise State (11-2)

Everyone else left in conference had 5 wins or less. There have been years where a bowl eligible team that was not automatically seated got left at home. Im not sure I would travel to the motor city bowl or the pinstripe bowl.

What I didn't say very well is that if we were not automatically seated the bowls left would probably be outside our P12 footprint and that would make it dicey for us. How many Maryland (4-4, 7-5) fans are going to travel to Santa Clara? The Pinstripe bowl has a (2-6, 6-6) Penn State team playing Boston College instead of Maryland.

Last edited:
And the other P12 schools have sterling reputations for traveling well?

We're not in the B12 anymore; I'm pretty sure we went from having being one of the worst travel teams in the old conference, to one of the best in the new conference. From both personal experience and reports it sounds like other P12 fans are shocked at how well we travel; their heads are likely to explode when we get good again.

I think the last bowl with a P12 tie-in is the Albuquerque bowl, and they aren't taking WSU or Cal over CU.

We have a large alumni base inside the P12 footprint. Much less so inside the old Big8/Big12 footprint. Thus, If we ended up in a bowl game outside of the footprint how well would attend? How well did we attend in the 2007 Independence Bowl in Shrevport La?

any bowl would be good. I don't care if the bowl is played in Antarctica, I am there! It has been way to long.

And bowl eligible P5 team will get an invite. 6, 7, 8, 9, whatever the record. I'm not really sure how you're concluding that w3 don't travel well either, because we do by Pac 12 standards

And bowl eligible P5 team will get an invite. 6, 7, 8, 9, whatever the record. I'm not really sure how you're concluding that w3 don't travel well either, because we do by Pac 12 standards

How well did we attend in the 2007 Independence Bowl in Shrevport La?

How about only one CSU HC has won against Colorado in their first season...and that was Sparkles during Embree's craptacular worst season during school history. So best (possibly) coach in CSU history beat the worst coach in CU history. I'd give Colorado about a 95% chance of winning.

Gah, sounding like Tini.:puke:

Are they losing Dee Hart and that other RB that ran wild on us? Or that WR that is pretty good? I will feel better about this game if our D, particularly or front 7, look 1/2 way decent in the 1st couple games. I will most likely pick the Buffs to win then just not that comfortable right now.

I think the next bowl game that Colorado plays in will be well attended. It's been a long wait.

I agree. Lots of pent up frustration.

My point is, and this probably applies to a lot of Pac teams, is this:

There are 12 teams in the pac12
There are 6 tied in bowl games + the Rose Bowl.
The Rose Bowl will be out of play every other year I believe for the playoffs(?)

If 7 teams, or 8 become bowl eligible in a year the Rose Bowl is hosting the playoffs then one of them or more is going to play its game outside the P12 footprint. The Big 10 has 10 bowl eligible teams out of 14 including a Penn State team that went 2-6 in conference. Under that scenario, and it will happen sooner or later to the Pac, a couple of teams are going to end up far away in either the Central or Eastern time zone. There are a lot more bowls over there.

So, if were one of the 6 teams we probably won 8 or more and are pretty good. And our attendance will be nice. If were at 7 wins or 6 were probably on the bubble.

Buffs go 9-4

I'm drunk on the kool-aid this year. I think the '15 schedule is very favorable. If they start out of the gat 4-0 like they should, this team will finally have the confidence going into P12 play and win the close games.

@Hawaii - W
UMASS - W
CSU (Denver) - W
Nicholls State - W
Oregon -L
@Arizona State - L
Arizona - W
@Oregon State - W
@UCLA - L
Stanford - W
USC - L
@ Washington State - W
@Utah - W

I agree. Lots of pent up frustration.

My point is, and this probably applies to a lot of Pac teams, is this:

There are 12 teams in the pac12
There are 6 tied in bowl games + the Rose Bowl.
The Rose Bowl will be out of play every other year I believe for the playoffs(?)

If 7 teams, or 8 become bowl eligible in a year the Rose Bowl is hosting the playoffs then one of them or more is going to play its game outside the P12 footprint. The Big 10 has 10 bowl eligible teams out of 14 including a Penn State team that went 2-6 in conference. Under that scenario, and it will happen sooner or later to the Pac, a couple of teams are going to end up far away in either the Central or Eastern time zone. There are a lot more bowls over there.

So, if were one of the 6 teams we probably won 8 or more and are pretty good. And our attendance will be nice. If were at 7 wins or 6 were probably on the bubble.

A 6-6 CU team will be picked before a 7-5. WSU, UU, and OSU team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back