What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

J-Fly Bye Bye?

"Holding the tab ?" Josh played two years in exchange for two years of tuition. Josh doesn't owe CU anything and CU owes Josh nothing. He wants to leave so let him leave. CU just comes across as looking petty if you ask me.

On one side we have a player who is notorious for not knowing how to take a touchback going head to head with an AD who is notorious for botching the assignment of parking spaces. This is quite the standoff of sausage fingered stubborn people.

I agree with Chip in that Josh doesn't owe CU anything. Josh has contributed to the team with his stellar generation of all purpose yards and thrilling memories. CU does look petty. So does Josh.

But I disagree that this is only about Darrell Scott. It's bigger than that. This is about the commitment any and all players have with team mates, the coaches and the school.

I think the CU-Denver idea is pretty interesting as it comes off to me that the school really likes the guy and are doing whatever they can to keep in with the Buffs while providing him with the opportunities he's seeking....I don't know why it's so unfeasable seeing that every student pays for a free bus pass with many routes that goes straight down to Denver

"Holding the tab ?" Josh played two years in exchange for two years of tuition. Josh doesn't owe CU anything and CU owes Josh nothing. He wants to leave so let him leave. CU just comes across as looking petty if you ask me.

Well I'm just bitter about the whole situation, so that's where I'm coming from and you're right that CU will probably come off looking petty.

I just think it's too easy for kids these days to say they want to transfer when the going gets tough. It's bad enough that a recruit's "verbal committment" to a school means next to nothing, but now we can't even count on kids staying around after they've been enrolled for a couple years. Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems like this kind of thing is happening more and more.

Well I'm just bitter about the whole situation, so that's where I'm coming from and you're right that CU will probably come off looking petty.

I just think it's too easy for kids these days to say they want to transfer when the going gets tough. It's bad enough that a recruit's "verbal committment" to a school means next to nothing, but now we can't even count on kids staying around after they've been enrolled for a couple years. Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems like this kind of thing is happening more and more.

So I take it you're not a big fan of Mr. Clemons?

this isnt china. you can do what you wanna do with your life. the penalty? having to sit out a year.

this isnt china. you can do what you wanna do with your life. the penalty? having to sit out a year.

China?? He's not being opressed, he just isn't getting his cake and eating it too. You can do whatever you want, but there are trade-offs in life, better get used to it now.

If the main motivation here is academic, it shouldn't matter, but I'm ok with a school hedging against players shopping around at other programs for playing time. Just my opinion.

Given that coaches can rescind an offer they've made is even worse, IMO. They are the professionals, not the 17-18 year olds that can throw or catch a ball really well. If I got an offer for a job, accepted it and 2 days later got a "better" job offer you'd be damn sure I'd call the first job and say I can't do it. Until something is signed it's all up for grabs. I have friends that had job offers rescinded as well. It's a two-way street. Sucks, but that's the real world.

Hell, the coaches can even choose not to renew a scholarship since they are done so every year; that would be a horrendous choice to make, but it does happen. If they can do it, then someone should be free to leave and then join another program. As long as they aren't breaking NCAA rules and talking to another school before leaving that's fine with me.

This is making the department look bad. Release him from his scholarship and let him go. He doesn't want to be here anymore and having him on the roster almost against his will would certainly hurt team morale. We'll be fine without him, better off with him, but nonetheless fine without him.

I thought Bohn was better than this.

Wow. This seems incredibly petty and stupid. Unless Bohn is trying to send a message and squash a mass exodus or something, I don't understand this at all.

China?? He's not being opressed, he just isn't getting his cake and eating it too. You can do whatever you want, but there are trade-offs in life, better get used to it now.

If the main motivation here is academic, it shouldn't matter, but I'm ok with a school hedging against players shopping around at other programs for playing time. Just my opinion.

yeah, he is doing what he wants, and the trade off is not playing for a year.

clemons did the same thing dude.

Wow. This seems incredibly petty and stupid. Unless Bohn is trying to send a message and squash a mass exodus or something, I don't understand this at all.

I feel real bad for josh. There are guys in Iraq who have changed their mind about the war but they can't get out or transfer.

BOO EFFING HOO

I could care less anymore,let josh go to usc or wherever, This program is mediocre right now and will continue to be with guys leaving in groups every off-season,guys not making grades etc...

yeah, he is doing what he wants, and the trade off is not playing for a year.

clemons did the same thing dude.

Well in this case, there is a bigger trade-off, so it's his choice. No one is holding him against his will.

Clemons made his own decision. Michigan could have put restrictions on his release if they had wanted, that's up to them...dude.

i agree. seems unprofessional. unless there's more to this that won't or hasn't come out (which is likely anyway)...i don't like it. if he doesn't want to be here, let him go and let's get back to our business.

Well in this case, there is a bigger trade-off, so it's his choice. No one is holding him against his will.

Clemons made his own decision. Michigan could have put restrictions on his release if they had wanted, that's up to them...dude.

yeah, but they didn't. we did, and look like a bunch of butthurt children in the process.

Exactly what? That a guy decides after 2 years he wants to leave to be a better rapper and cu should bend over and take it up the a$$ yet again?

Sounds like Bohn.

How exactly does CU take it up the ass if he is allowed to transfer elsewhere?

How exactly does CU take it up the ass if he is allowed to transfer elsewhere?

We lose a strating wr/kr that's how. He's slapping cu in the face and we should do what? Roll out the red carpet for his next school?

I'm not so pissed at josh,more the situation. I'm effing sick of this **** every year.

He should be allowed to transfer wherever but i'm too pissed with the whole cu situation over the last 6 years to give you a coherent answer.

We lose a strating wr/kr that's how. He's slapping cu in the face and we should do what? Roll out the red carpet for his next school?

I'm not so pissed at josh,more the situation. I'm effing sick of this **** every year.

He should be allowed to transfer wherever but i'm too pissed with the whole cu situation over the last 6 years to give you a coherent answer.

its frustrating as ****... but at the end of the day there's nothing we allbuffers can do about it.

Oh, there's something we can do......

:nod:...everyone could mock this rap degree thing until he realizes he probably has a better chance of making the nfl than becoming a rapper with this "special" degree

****, Kanye West made a billion dollars by rapping about being a college dropout and making fun of the college degree

No doubt it is frustrating. It finally seemed like we were having an offseason without much noise, then it poured all of a sudden. Just best to move on and let him go where he pleases though.

Not a good point - you need to redo the math. The cost of tuition, room, and board and athletic facilities don't match up to the income from the program that supports all of the other athletic programs.

Given that coaches can rescind an offer they've made is even worse, IMO. They are the professionals, not the 17-18 year olds that can throw or catch a ball really well. If I got an offer for a job, accepted it and 2 days later got a "better" job offer you'd be damn sure I'd call the first job and say I can't do it. Until something is signed it's all up for grabs. I have friends that had job offers rescinded as well. It's a two-way street. Sucks, but that's the real world.

The difference is when an adult signs a contract.

I feel real bad for josh. There are guys in Iraq who have changed their mind about the war but they can't get out or transfer.

Wow, I took it in the shorts for a similar comparison in the "discussion" (my ass is still burning) about Ballenger breaking his contract. But I don't understand why they'd treat Josh differently, unless it's related to Scott. Makes no sense.

Not a good point - you need to redo the math. The cost of tuition, room, and board and athletic facilities don't match up to the income from the program that supports all of the other athletic programs.

The difference is when an adult signs a contract.

Wow, I took it in the shorts for a similar comparison in the "discussion" (my ass is still burning) about Ballenger breaking his contract. But I don't understand why they'd treat Josh differently, unless it's related to Scott. Makes no sense.

The war comparison was over the top but it sounded good.:smile2:

Unless schools start paying players my point is valid.

Back