What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

J-Fly Bye Bye?

I wonder what the tests are like in rap music class?
1. What is the correct way to smack a bitch up? A. Forehand B. Pistol whip her C. Backhand D. All of them as long as has a black eye.:lol:

I think smacking the bitch up refers to heroine use rather than assault.

:lol: That guy is an animal. Did you know that they are going to convict him of beating up his girlfriend in SD a few years ago and that will add to his prison sentence that he is already serving.

True. Then again we have our own issues with past players...just giving you a little ribbing.:thumbsup:

I hear Gangsta 310 is a bitchin tough class.

I produce rap and my name's J-Fly
I've left CU. Boo-hoo. Go cry!
My rhymes won't go to waste
Kiesau get out of my face.
I'm sprung. No longer need to hold my tounge.
I was the toast of Boulder as a frosh.
Brought you five stars as uncle Josh.
I've took my licks returning kicks.
Let's see you hold on to that ball, you f*cking pricks
My shoulders need medical care
I hit the wall and my liver tears.
So now I'm gone.
California is where I'll sing my song.
I'll run my routes on some other school's dime.
'Cause I'm tired of losing all the time.
Look out for my clothing line.
Peace out.

Last edited by a moderator:
After thinking this over for a day, I believe there's something much more to this story. He went through spring drills, only to leave now? :confused:

Just a hunch, but I think he may have seen some of the writing on the wall in terms of playing time. With Simas tearing it up, and the prospect of Simmons, Darden and Ussery coming in the Fall, he may have felt like he was being pushed down the depth chart.

Again, just pure speculation on my part.

Just the same, I think this sucks. I can't think of another position on this team where we're so thin, and this makes us thinner. We need both talent and depth there, and right now, as of this moment, we have neither. Simas hasn't caught a single pass in a game yet, and McKnight, for all that he contributes, simply is not a top tier Big 12 receiver.

After thinking this over for a day, I believe there's something much more to this story. He went through spring drills, only to leave now? :confused:

Just a hunch, but I think he may have seen some of the writing on the wall in terms of playing time. With Simas tearing it up, and the prospect of Simmons, Darden and Ussery coming in the Fall, he may have felt like he was being pushed down the depth chart.

Just the same, I think this sucks. I can't think of another position on this team where we're so thin, and this makes us thinner. We need both talent and depth there, and right now, as of this moment, we have neither. Simas hasn't caught a single pass in a game yet, and McKnight, for all that he contributes, simply is not a top tier Big 12 receiver.

I thought the same thing...but didn't want to speculate since I didn't even make it to the spring game....

McKnight, for all that he contributes, simply is not a top tier Big 12 receiver.

Just a little devil's advocate, but neither was Josh. Of his 2,000 all-purpose yards, 3/4s came on returns. I'm not saying I'm happy he's gone, and the depth issue at wr is very real, but hearten up, guys. J-Fly is not the difference between the Buffs winning and losing.

I'd rather have three, four slow guys who can catch everything thrown at them than one burner who can't.

Or even more simple, maybe J-Fly was really close to Helfrich and doesn't get along with Hawk, after Helfrich left after spring drills as well.

I keep waiting for someone to tell me this is a bad joke. Regardless, he contributes to the overall success of the team. I will not be talked out of that posistion.

I keep waiting for someone to tell me this is a bad joke. Regardless, he contributes to the overall success of the team. I will not be talked out of that posistion.
His greatest value was as a return guy. He was really electric doing that. You always felt he could break one. He never has shined as a WR howerver, for whatever reason. I don't know how much his shoulder problems hurt him.

Well we haven't exactly shined offensively for several years either. I would have enjoyed watching him have the chance with a healthy offensive line and a QB that could throw downfield.

Well we haven't exactly shined offensively for several years either. I would have enjoyed watching him have the chance with a healthy offensive line and a QB that could throw downfield.

A SnowBuff-led tirade on CH's arm strength in 3..2..1..:lol:

IMO, his best chance will be at ASU. With the talent available to Pete Carroll, I don't see him getting any time at USC. And, He will have to walk-on and pay at either school. Maybe UCLA...do they a offer the gangsta science degree?

For the most part, I agree with your hunch. However, I think J-flys main asset was on KO's & PR's. That certainly hurts the Buffs special teams value. As his WR skills were less than most of the others at the same position. I feel someone will see this an opportunity and step up.

For the most part, I agree with your hunch. However, I think J-flys main asset was on KO's & PR's. That certainly hurts the Buffs special teams value. As his WR skills were less than most of the others at the same position. I feel someone will see this an opportunity and step up.

I'd like to see RS returning some kicks...if they can open those lanes for JS, RS size and speed will be a major factor!

His greatest value was as a return guy. He was really electric doing that. You always felt he could break one. He never has shined as a WR howerver, for whatever reason. I don't know how much his shoulder problems hurt him.

Yeah, and sometimes we were as shocked as the opponent after he catches the ball at the 5...

A SnowBuff-led tirade on CH's arm strength in 3..2..1..:lol:

:rofl2:

But in the spring game, everyone and their brother took a turn returning kicks. That was probably part of his thinking, too.

Wow! Bohn plays hardball and only grants Josh permission to talk to USC. Wow!

From the Camera said:
Coaches explored numerous options, including allowing Smith to attend classes at CU-Denver, where the music major is offered, and still remain a part of the football team in Boulder. Travel and scheduling issues prevented that from being a realistic solution.

Colorado refused to grant Smith a blanket release, which would allow him to transfer to any school of his choosing.

Instead, Bohn granted the release to USC only because that school met the criteria Smith said he was most interested in — it is close to home (Moorpark, Calif.) and offers the music program.

nm

IMO, his best chance will be at ASU. With the talent available to Pete Carroll, I don't see him getting any time at USC. And, He will have to walk-on and pay at either school. Maybe UCLA...do they a offer the gangsta science degree?

It is more of a Yakuza Science degree.

Door 1: Josh can keep his ship, stay at CU, and not pursue the major of his liking.

or,

Door 2: Josh can talk to USC. Maybe he'll be admitted. Maybe he's not. Maybe Pete has a spare scholarship. Maybe he doesn't.

or

Door 3: Josh can pay for his own education for a year (or more) and go somewhere other than CU Boulder or USC.

It will be interesting to see which option he chooses. Welcome to the real world. There's no such thing as a free lunch.

Bohn has to be careful here. You don't want there to be hard feelings that might cause D. Scott to reconsider his commitment to CU. Just grant Josh his release and move on.

Bohn has to be careful here. You don't want there to be hard feelings that might cause D. Scott to reconsider his commitment to CU. Just grant Josh his release and move on.

Tsk. Tsk. Now that it's out in the press, Bohn will either have to back down in public, or throw himself at the mercy of appeal process. Now I understand why there haven't been any direct quotes from the major players.

This is potentially Cutler 2.

BS, I love this move. If his motivation is truly academic, this won't be a big issue for him.

I know we're a learning institution first, but CU made a substantial investment in Josh as a player and as a student. Now they're left holding the tab for the last couple years and someone else will get the benefit.

As someone else said, "welcome to the real world"

BS, I love this move. If his motivation is truly academic, this won't be a big issue for him.

I know we're a learning institution first, but CU made a substantial investment in Josh as a player and as a student. Now they're left holding the tab for the last couple years and someone else will get the benefit.

As someone else said, "welcome to the real world"

"Holding the tab ?" Josh played two years in exchange for two years of tuition. Josh doesn't owe CU anything and CU owes Josh nothing. He wants to leave so let him leave. CU just comes across as looking petty if you ask me.

Back