What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Jim Leavitt hired as new Colorado DC

IMHO CU punched way above it's weight class on this one. For where we are and where we have been, this is a great hire. Maybe not a home run, but at the very least a triple. I guess that HCMM and RG knew what they were doing, after all. And to keep it so quiet, without so much as a peep until today demonstrates enormous discipline and administrative competence. Well done and Go Buffs!

Agree 100%. Absolute monster hire. My respect for the HC and the AD has just tripled. Incredible. GO BUFFS !!

I'm not going to reread the thread, so if this was already addressed, my bad. However, I want to state that I can't believe how leakproof this search became following the apparent Gibbs miss. I guess the old adage of no news is good news is true sometimes. That said, it still took way too long.

237.gif

Sounds redundant to chime in with this...but I love the hire(s) too. My wife reminds me that I have been emotionally mislead about CU hires in the past. My witty retort to this was "Not this time!"

Good work CU.

So, you guys are all happy. How happy do you think the defensive players are? I feel really, really good for them. They've been through a lot and really deserve something good to happen to them. I think that, psychologically, this just has to be such a huge, huge lift for those kids.

OUR DEFENSE IS GOING TO BE BAD ASS!!​ OUR DEFENSE IS GOING TO BE BAD ASS!!​ OUR DEFENSE IS GOING TO BE BAD ASS!!​ OUR DEFENSE IS GOING TO BE BAD ASS! OUR DEFENSE IS GOING TO BE BAD ASS!!​ OUR DEFENSE IS GOING TO BE BAD ASS!!​ OUR DEFENSE IS GOING TO BE BAD ASS!!​ OUR DEFENSE IS GOING TO BE BAD ASS! OUR DEFENSE IS GOING TO BE BAD ASS!!​ OUR DEFENSE IS GOING TO BE BAD ASS!!​ OUR DEFENSE IS GOING TO BE BAD ASS!!​ OUR DEFENSE IS GOING TO BE BAD ASS!! OUR DEFENSE IS GOING TO BE BAD ASS!!​ OUR DEFENSE IS GOING TO BE BAD ASS!!​ OUR DEFENSE IS GOING TO BE BAD ASS!!​ OUR DEFENSE IS GOING TO BE BAD ASS!! OUR DEFENSE IS GOING TO BE BAD ASS!!​ OUR DEFENSE IS GOING TO BE BAD ASS!!​ OUR DEFENSE IS GOING TO BE BAD ASS!!​ OUR DEFENSE IS GOING TO BE BAD ASS!! OUR DEFENSE IS GOING TO BE BAD ASS!!​ OUR DEFENSE IS GOING TO BE BAD ASS!!​ OUR DEFENSE IS GOING TO BE BAD ASS!!​ OUR DEFENSE IS GOING TO BE BAD ASS!! :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :woot: :woot: :woot:

Last edited:
this is a really, really great hire, considering where we are. this guy can coach.

I am seriously stoked.

Have to seriously laugh at the Lammies. Leavitt is the guy they should have hired instead of HoneyBobo! Just their style, too, resurrecting a coach with an issue in the past.

Too F'n" bad!

Question and apologies if it's already been discussed, what is Leavitt known for running?

From the Ralphie Report earlier today, quoting an Oklahoma fan article that was suggesting Leavitt for a defensive job there:

Coach Leavitt come's from a 4-3 background, but having coached in San Francisco under Harbaugh, he's also well versed in the 3-4. I suspect OU would like to be multiple in their fronts when possible, but regardless what they choose to do this coming season, in my opinion, Leavitt can teach it.

http://www.ralphiereport.com/colora...he-next-defensive-coordinator-of-the-colorado

The fact this is one of the top news stories on ESPNs NCAA Football page shows it's a big move and definitely a big get. Hell he would have been great for a HC hire for CSU.

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zo-YVqV0v4Q[/video]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The fact this is one of the top news stories on ESPNs NCAA Football page shows it's a big move and definitely a big get. Hell he would have been great for a HC hire for CSU.

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zo-YVqV0v4Q[/video]

Thanx for the info. I'm glad it made their webpage. I was working from home today and turned on espin (mistake, I know) after I heard about the hire. Not a word. Nada. Nary a peep. And that was on their College Football show.

Leavitt and Tumpkin. This is good stuff! I kept thinking and saying the DC change was probably initiated by Rick George. I'm quite sure MacIntyre was in full agreement, and I'm sure both of them were involved in hiring these coaches. I won't comment on all the hand wringing. My positive sense about Rick George and what he brings to football, athletics and the entire university keeps getting better. Now to see better things happening on the field...

Leavitt and Tumpkin. This is good stuff! I kept thinking and saying the DC change was probably initiated by Rick George. I'm quite sure MacIntyre was in full agreement, and I'm sure both of them were involved in hiring these coaches. I won't comment on all the hand wringing. My positive sense about Rick George and what he brings to football, athletics and the entire university keeps getting better. Now to see better things happening on the field...

All RG did was sign his name. This was all MikeMac

MacIntyre fired Baer, RG didn't have anything to do with it. We don't need RG to micromanage everything, and I believe he trusts his coaches. RG needs to provide the financial backing and other resources.

We don't need RG micromanaging. He's doing awesome just leading the athletic department. Within his short time so far, he has delivered facilities that we hoped for for many years and he now is taking the stand in negotiations around the RMS that many of us wish would have happened long ago. RG is just awesome. And MM gets an A in my book for hiring Leavitt.

Haven't felt this way in a long time- can't wait for spring football!

MacIntyre fired Baer, RG didn't have anything to do with it. We don't need RG to micromanage everything, and I believe he trusts his coaches. RG needs to provide the financial backing and other resources.

Sure enough.:rofl:

As much as I dislike MacIntyre (I mean come on, poor recruiting, can't win any games, lowest attendance in decades, can't capitalize on new facility, etc, etc), he and RG made a great hire. Now win a game ... or a few recruits.

I suspect we will win more than just a game and start picking up more than a few good recruits. Momentum. It's all lining up to begin coming together. I hope it's this fall!

As much as I dislike MacIntyre (I mean come on, poor recruiting, can't win any games, lowest attendance in decades, can't capitalize on new facility, etc, etc), he and RG made a great hire. Now win a game ... or a few recruits.

That's what RG has said and I believe him.

Will be fun watching Leavitt and Mac on the sidelines. Neither afraid to show their emotions.

[video=youtube;vL_x8TG_ZPY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vL_x8TG_ZPY[/video]

None so blind as those who will not see.

A good whack between the eyes with a cluebat, followed by a smack from a frozen, dead squirrel, wouldn't help the likes of haters like you. Thus, its a waste of time, as much as you are a waste of skin.

Back