What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Jim Leavitt hired as new Colorado DC

Thanks to RG for giving MM the tools to get this done. Thanks to MM for getting it done with a coach that will help the Buffs improve immediately and continue on an upward trajectory on the defensive side of the ball.

RG is giving MM the resources and opportunity to be successful and put the money where it counts. It is now MMs turn to prove him right and fix this program and get it headed in the right direction. Nice job MM for taking the steps necessary to make it happen. Now let's go out and win some ****in games!

Thanks to RG for giving MM the tools to get this done. Thanks to MM for getting it done with a coach that will help the Buffs improve immediately and continue on an upward trajectory on the defensive side of the ball.

RG is giving MM the resources and opportunity to be successful and put the money where it counts. It is now MMs turn to prove him right and fix this program and get it headed in the right direction. Nice job MM for taking the steps necessary to make it happen. Now let's go out and win some ****in games!
RG also goes to bat with the regents, faculty and administration to remove hurdles.

This all seems very positive and hopefully will help turn things around.

There is a little irony in the fact you're all very excited about the effect another NFL position coach will have.

There is a little irony in the fact you're all very excited about the effect another NFL position coach will have.

He has been a head coach, a coordinator, and we did not hire him to be the head coach. Not even remotely the same situation.

Whew... finally, it took 216 posts to restart this agenda.

When I did a side-by-side comparison of Embree's and Leavitt's professional bios, the overlap was uncanny!

Edge to Embree, though, as coaching TEs as a position coach is a much more natural transition to HC, then LBs is to DC.

There is no comparison between a TE/WR coach, that has never been outside that area, and a guy that's a LB coach that was a HC of a TOP 25 program and a DC before that.

622c80750885830cde1846f1fc6ebd3b.jpg

Umm, no it's not cu/2 fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is just insane how Jim took USF from nothing to ranked No 2 in the country in such a short time. I think MM, Jim and our OC means good things happening around Boulder the next couple of years.

RG also goes to bat with the regents, faculty and administration to remove hurdles.

THIS ^^ is how RG was involved. He provided the support that was greatly needed for the hire and the financial backing, but I don't think it's off base to say the actual choice was MM's alone (considering RG has publicly said as much). Even with one of the better days in recent Buff's history, some people refuse to give MM credit. SMH

Yeah, but he's a white position coach. I'm certain that was your implication, so I'll just say it for you.

Moron.

Yeah, but he's a white position coach. I'm certain that was your implication, so I'll just say it for you.
Moron.
Black, white, red, green blue, whatever, it makes no sense to argue with someone who has no clue about logic and only argues due to an agenda. Anyone on the planet could see the VAST difference between the Embree hire as HC when he had never gotten beyond position coach, and Leavitt hire as a DC when he had previously reached very high levels as a DC and HC.

The only reason Leavitt is not a HC in a P5 program today is one controversial interaction with a student athlete whereby he won a judgement against his former school for wrongful dismisal. In fact, as has been suggested here a few times, it would be reasonable to suggest that Leavitt actually has a better resume to be HC of a P5 program than HCMM does.

Go back to sleep!

THIS ^^ is how RG was involved. He provided the support that was greatly needed for the hire and the financial backing, but I don't think it's off base to say the actual choice was MM's alone (considering RG has publicly said as much). Even with one of the better days in recent Buff's history, some people refuse to give MM credit. SMH
I totally give Mac credit. I'd give him a hug and a kiss if I could.

Anyone thinking that we 'just' hired an NFL position coach needs to look up Leavitt's Wikipedia page. Wow. Until he shook some shoulder pads he was considered for HC at big time programs and turned them down to continue building success at UCF. I take that as demonstrating a tremendous amount of character and grit above and beyond his coaching excellence.

I totally give Mac credit. I'd give him a hug and a kiss if I could.

Sorry, I wasn't referring to you with that statement. I agree that RG was not twiddling his thumbs through this process, but he's not forcing MM's hand on who's on his staff. I believe it was a joint effort in the search but RG was mainly there to, like you said, go to bat with the administration and provide the financial backing, while MM vetted and made the choices.

Logically, the only reason was that he was waiting to see if he could an NFL DC job or something along those lines.

I think one logical explanation is that they didn't want the slapping coach angle to get out before signing day especially considering the Boulder media's tendencies.

don't feed the troll, guys.

the resumes speak for themselves when compared side by side.

@CUx2-- we occasionally honor the requests of the mob to send someone off for merely being annoying. you aren't adding value here. you are simply trying to stir up trouble. reconsider your efforts or perhaps we will go ahead and give the mob what they want: you gone.

After reading how MM had tried a few times to be on Leavitt's staff at UCF but never had the right opening, how they met each other while MM was at SJSU and JL at the 49'ers, and how Patrick Willis raved about JL, I am fully convinced that this whole hiring process was focused on JL very early on and just took some time to make sure that this was going to be the right fit for all involved. People talk about a coaching tree, this goes beyond the tree and gets into a relationship that developed over the years. RG probably had little to do with this other than giving the o.k. on the details of the contract that would be needed to bring JL in.

and just took some time to make sure that this was going to be the right fit for all involved.... RG probably had little to do with this other than giving the o.k. on the details of the contract that would be needed to bring JL in.

The time it took and RG's effort were probably vetting and smoothing over the administration over the incident in florida.

So, I think we should start an "Eat Crow" thread. I don't have the energy to go back into the DC search thread. But, man, there was a lot of weeping and gnashing of teeth going on there, :lol:

So, I think we should start an "Eat Crow" thread. I don't have the energy to go back into the DC search thread. But, man, there was a lot of weeping and gnashing of teeth going on there, :lol:

That, and freakin' Tini looking like a damn genius telling us to all "relax, MM has this".

It all evens out. Two years ago, some people were excited about Baer.

That, and freakin' Tini looking like a damn genius telling us to all "relax, MM has this".

:lol:Now we have to hear about the scoop that never was and how he predicted the stadium improvements. Two out of a thousand aint bad.

Back