What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Lindgren to Oregon State

Howell speculating that Chev becomes full time OC

Radio sourced

Everyone got their wish...so, who is going to fill that spot? Chev OC ? not sure he is ready for all that.

I trust him a lot more than BL.....I think we'll see a lot more air raid type stuff if he's the sole OC.

That is what I'm hoping for too but we still should have those double TE formations for the running game. Buffs are well stocked at WR for the foreseeable future.

This thread might be fun to follow:

"Mac must be going crazy after losing Leavitt last year And now his playcaller."

"also, guys, we poached a Pac-12 program coordinator. Little ol' OSU stole a guy in a lateral move. We should give each other a hardy high-five."

"Lindgren was the first QB Smith coached as a professional. so that is kind of cool."

http://bennyshouse.freeforums.net/thread/7640/new-oc

Last edited:
There is a lot of concern on AB about Chiv potentially being promoted to OC but I'm not sure I understand why. Is it because he came from TT and the fear is he'll install the Air Raid Offense? Is it because he's not a known commodity at that position? What makes many on here think he wouldn't be successful?

There is a lot of concern on AB about Chev being promoted to OC but I'm not sure I understand why. Is it because he came from TT and the fear is he'll install the Air Raid Offense? Is it because he's not a known commodity at that position? What makes many on here think he wouldn't be successful?
He's never called plays. His unit regressed last year. he's never designed game plans as a head guy. Total unknown as sole OC. Scheme may be too pass happy for some of us. So far he's proven to be a motivator, but that wears thin if there isn't substance behind it. The unconditional love of Chev as full OC is what's weird to me. Not saying he will fail, but it's a real gamble.

There is a lot of concern on AB about Chev being promoted to OC but I'm not sure I understand why. Is it because he came from TT and the fear is he'll install the Air Raid Offense? Is it because he's not a known commodity at that position? What makes many on here think he wouldn't be successful?

Air Raid is good in college football for winning games and covering up deficiencies, but will never win you the games that matter.
Chiv has never been an OC or had play calling responsibilities. Given our HC has a defensive background, making Chiv THE guy on offense is a little scary.

There is a lot of concern on AB about Chev potentially being promoted to OC but I'm not sure I understand why. Is it because he came from TT and the fear is he'll install the Air Raid Offense? Is it because he's not a known commodity at that position? What makes many on here think he wouldn't be successful?
He has no experience calling plays and has only been a WR coach for the last three years. Oh and the air raid offense he learned at Tech sucks donkey balls.

I'd like to see Chev switch to an Associate Head Coach title, similar to the one Salavea'a has at Oregon. Let him learn under someone who knows what they're doing for a few years, without getting any sort of unfair blame for how the offense performs (beyond his position group).

I'd like to see Chev switch to an Associate Head Coach title, similar to the one Salavea'a has at Oregon. Let him learn under someone who knows what they're doing for a few years, without getting any sort of unfair blame for how the offense performs (beyond his position group).
THIS is what I like. He basically does this already.

Im in wait and see mode right now. Pretty sure this is just one move. Agree on the other concerns, definitely need a qb coach.

That is what I'm hoping for too but we still should have those double TE formations for the running game. Buffs are well stocked at WR for the foreseeable future.

The more I think about it........the more I think we have the same set up we did last year. Chev is too valuable a recruiter.

wonder if this was forced from above MM or choice by MM or choice by BL ?

Jonathan Smith said last week in his intro that he's not planning on calling plays at OSU, which would make this somewhat of a lateral move. Probably a little bit of both.

He's never called plays. His unit regressed last year. he's never designed game plans as a head guy. Total unknown as sole OC. Scheme may be too pass happy for some of us. So far he's proven to be a motivator, but that wears thin if there isn't substance behind it. The unconditional love of Chev as full OC is what's weird to me. Not saying he will fail, but it's a real gamble.

Air Raid is good in college football for winning games and covering up deficiencies, but will never win you the games that matter.
Chiv has never been an OC or had play calling responsibilities. Given our HC has a defensive background, making Chiv THE guy on offense is a little scary.

He has no experience calling plays and has only been a WR coach for the last three years. Oh and the air raid offense he learned at Tech sucks donkey balls.

Ok - so mostly the fear of the unknown. I suppose that's reasonable. So does that mean it's preferable that he leaves CU to get some OC experience before we'd want him back in that capacity? I'm not sure I'm there. Perhaps he just needs more years of experience before he would be a viable candidate as sole OC.

I can't imagine he'd feel great with a demotion which may force him to want to move on. Hope not.

Back