What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mike MacIntyre: Does He Make It Through 2016?

How long will Mike MacIntyre last?

• 1 game: Loss to CSU and Rick George says **** it, time to make a statement!

Votes: 5 2.8%
  • 2- games: Buffs lose to CSU and a D-IAA program? Gone

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • 3-4 games: Michigan and Oregon are certain losses, but if they get embarrassed?!

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • 5-6 games: Buffs sitting at 2-3 or 2-4 may spark this.

Votes: 14 8.0%
  • 7-8 games: I have Buffs at 3-5 after 8. Does needing to go 3-1 in last 4 make George.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • 9-10 games: Buffs are not bowl eligible in this timeframe and makes it easy

Votes: 24 13.6%
  • 11-12 games: Two winnable home games and if Buffs are 4-6 going into them, he HAS to win both.

Votes: 37 21.0%
  • 2017 Extension: Buffs make a bowl and continue to show improvement.

Votes: 86 48.9%

• Total voters
I just don't understand people wanting other people to fail at a job
Who wants MMac to fail? I'm pretty sure everyone on here wants the Buffs to win at least 6 and their bowl game.

I'm not the biggest Mac fan and don't think he has the chops to make this team a champion, but I hope to hell he proves me wrong in very dramatic fashion...no crow would ever taste sweeter!

Who wants MMac to fail? I'm pretty sure everyone on here wants the Buffs to win at least 6 and their bowl game.

I'm not the biggest Mac fan and don't think he has the chops to make this team a champion, but I hope to hell he proves me wrong in very dramatic fashion...no crow would ever taste sweeter!
Several could easily be perceived that way.

I hoped for losses resulting in termination with Hawkins once I realized that he and his staff were expecting to be fired and recruiting half-heartedly at best.

Are you new here?

8-4 is decisive. 7-5 or 6-6 is more likely the outcome. Which will leave this subject to fester onwards....
Outside this board, folks who know how hard it is to turn a program (no draft picks in CFB) would be LOL if we are discussing this subject if we go bowling. He'll be nominated for HC of the year!

8-4 is decisive. 7-5 or 6-6 is more likely the outcome. Which will leave this subject to fester onwards....
My thoughts stand about Big Jim actually being upset about an 8-4 season under MM. I honestly believe there are some people who simply don't like the guy for one reason or another, or have been so outspoken in their opinion that he isn't a good coach, that they are rooting for this team to lose so he gets fired, and they can say, "I told you so".

Outside this board, folks who know how hard it is to turn a program (no draft picks in CFB) would be LOL if we are discussing this subject if we go bowling. He'll be nominated for HC of the year!

I agree with something HCMM was saying about the strength of the Pac-12 and the challenge of moving up from the bottom of the conference. None of the other 11 have fallen off in recruiting (or, for that matter, let facilities lapse or went cheap on any coaching hires)... so no one is falling back to you. To move up you can only count on your own improvement. That makes it harder.

So, yeah, if in 4 years he takes CU from where we were in the conference in 2012 to a bowl season against a schedule of 9 Pac-12 opponents + a road game at Michigan... I'd think anyone who still has issues was being an idot.

Last edited:
Kevin GemmellESPN Staff Writer

"
Now, you can see MacIntyre's blood start to come up. His facial expressions shift from relaxed to shades of frustration. He knows the progress is there, but it's not necessarily tangible. He knows his team was competitive in almost every game last season with lost opportunities against UCLA, Utah and USC -- falling to the South's top three teams by a combined 13 points.

"Those are the things that wake me up every night," MacIntyre said. "We're right there. Players make plays, players win games and our kids understand that completely now."

So once again mac2 deflects. Can't be the coaches. Can't be the game plan. Can't be the schemes. Can't be the in game adjustments. Can't be the play calling Can't be not having the players pumped up.

So if the Buffs don't win the games. It is the players fault. mac2 is the teflon coach.

"
Now, you can see MacIntyre's blood start to come up. His facial expressions shift from relaxed to shades of frustration. He knows the progress is there, but it's not necessarily tangible. He knows his team was competitive in almost every game last season with lost opportunities against UCLA, Utah and USC -- falling to the South's top three teams by a combined 13 points.

"Those are the things that wake me up every night," MacIntyre said. "We're right there. Players make plays, players win games and our kids understand that completely now."

So once again mac2 deflects. Can't be the coaches. Can't be the game plan. Can't be the schemes. Can't be the in game adjustments. Can't be the play calling Can't be not having the players pumped up.

So if the Buffs don't win the games. It is the players fault. mac2 is the teflon coach.
He should have taken recruiting seriously from Day 1

I agree with something HCMM was saying about the strength of the Pac-12 and the challenge of moving up from the bottom of the conference. None of the other 11 have fallen off in recruiting (or, for that matter, let facilities lapse or went cheap on any coaching hires)... so no one is falling back to you. To move up you can only count on your own improvement. That makes it harder.

So, yeah, if in 4 years he takes CU from where we were in the conference in 2012 to a bowl season against a schedule of 9 Pac-12 opponents + a road game at Michigan... I'd think anyone who still has issues was being an idot.

If that happens, and I hope it does...............And he will be taking all the credit. But if it does not, he will be taking non of the blame. That will be on the players. Just how it is

If that happens, and I hope it does...............And he will be taking all the credit. But if it does not, he will be taking non of the blame. That will be on the players. Just how it is
I get the frustration with MacIntyre but it's a bit disingenuous to suggest that he wouldn't give players credit if this season goes well.

If the season doesn't go well then he'll be looking for a new job and nobody around here will care how he spins it.

"

I think you are reading too much into that. I think it is more of a motivational thing for the players - you make plays, you win games. What makes you think that HCMM will blame the players if they don't win this year? When had he blamed the players to this point?

I think you are reading too much into that. I think it is more of a motivational thing for the players - you make plays, you win games. What makes you think that HCMM will blame the players if they don't win this year? When had he blamed the players to this point?

I think it's about the culture change of making players accountable. That's a big thing with HCMM, in all aspects of their lives. I can understand why people might take it another way, but I don't think that it's the right read on HCMM to think that he is a trying to save himself by pushing the blame on everyone else. Where I do think he handles things with kid gloves too much, though, is in protecting his assistant coaches.

I think it's about the culture change of making players accountable. That's a big thing with HCMM, in all aspects of their lives. I can understand why people might take it another way, but I don't think that it's the right read on HCMM to think that he is a trying to save himself by pushing the blame on everyone else. Where I do think he handles things with kid gloves too much, though, is in protecting his assistant coaches.
And that's a bit weird too. Because in the heat of the moment of competition, we've seen him light into an assistant coach but he does seem slow to act on coaches from employment stand point. Ultimately, he'll succeed or fail based in large part on the work of those assistant coaches so I give him a lot of leeway in who he hires and fires. That's also why I'm against an AD mandating a certain assistant to be hired or fired. I think they provide resources and are a sounding board for coaching hires but ultimately it should be the HC's call.

"

Kevin Gemmell thinks Mac should get 5 years no matter what so it's odd to use anything from his article against Mac especially an article so glowing of MacIntyre in general and what he's done here.

"

WTF? Dude. You're obsessed. What in God's name is wrong with what he said?

"

Well, they coaches dont suit up. And young men are known to make mistakes.

WTF? Dude. You're obsessed. What in God's name is wrong with what he said?

MightyVKBuff has an unreasonable hatred of MacIntyre. He particularly dislikes Brian Lindgren and has several pet names for him. Several of which he has already used here on AB.

Disagree with his questionable opinions and you will be on the receiving end of some childish insults. Some of his favorites are: basement dweller, inbred, trailer trash, gone off your meds ...

over/under before he gets banned is 150 posts.

Back