What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mike MacIntyre: Does He Make It Through 2016?

How long will Mike MacIntyre last?

• 1 game: Loss to CSU and Rick George says **** it, time to make a statement!

Votes: 5 2.8%
  • 2- games: Buffs lose to CSU and a D-IAA program? Gone

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • 3-4 games: Michigan and Oregon are certain losses, but if they get embarrassed?!

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • 5-6 games: Buffs sitting at 2-3 or 2-4 may spark this.

Votes: 14 8.0%
  • 7-8 games: I have Buffs at 3-5 after 8. Does needing to go 3-1 in last 4 make George.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • 9-10 games: Buffs are not bowl eligible in this timeframe and makes it easy

Votes: 24 13.6%
  • 11-12 games: Two winnable home games and if Buffs are 4-6 going into them, he HAS to win both.

Votes: 37 21.0%
  • 2017 Extension: Buffs make a bowl and continue to show improvement.

Votes: 86 48.9%

• Total voters
In almost 4 years have you ever heard Lindgren say he did a poor job of play calling, play design, in game management? Nope you have not. And Mac2 say, the defensive and/or offensive coaching/scheme/plays/ clock management/game management cost them a game? Nope you haven't. Never been said

And there are many examples mentioned on this board of coaches responsibility/actions/ and all of the above in a negative manor.

What you have heard is, if a couple of plays had been executed better, if a player would have done this better, if a player had done this or not done that. Just a couple more plays blah blah blah.

Not convinced that Lindgren-Mac2 have taken the responsibility they should.

Some ill informed will assume it is a unreasonable position. But that right there is why they are ill informed.

Go Buffs.

Bowl game Year 4 or outta here.

Obsession is such a big word. No reason to bring God into the conversation. Just how he speaks.............and manages the press.............
I just don't hear him say anything that I haven't heard every coach since the beginning of time say. But for some reason, you are really myopic on the subject. It comes across as some sort of vendetta or something. Maybe just a personal dislike.

Last edited:
MightyVKBuff has an unreasonable hatred of MacIntyre. He particularly dislikes Brian Lindgren and has several pet names for him. Several of which he has already used here on AB.

Disagree with his questionable opinions and you will be on the receiving end of some childish insults. Some of his favorites are: basement dweller, inbred, trailer trash, gone off your meds ...

over/under before he gets banned is 150 posts.
The lindgrening love is relentless from the ill informed

Is VK from the scoooop crowd? If so, this makes more sense.

We haven't even played a game.

Nope they don't suit up. But they do get them prepared..............or don't

In a 60 minute game the ones you cant prepare, or can only prepare so far are eventually identified and targeted by the opposition. Like a starter playing a position they weren't recruited for and were not comfortable with. Or a walk on playing 2nd team. That was the story of our OL most of last year. Other teams saw that and capitalized on it.

In terms of our starters we havent exactly lit it up on the recruiting trail for the last few years either.

Evaluate people based on what they do or don't do. What HCMM says or how he says it isn't all that important. The team's results this year will speak volumes.

I just don't hear him say anything that I haven't heard every coach since the beginning of time say. But for some reason, you are really myopic on the subject. It comes across as some sort of vendetta or something. Maybe just a personal dislike.

Guess ya gotta have seen and understood the whole picture. And maybe experienced somewhere else. Like work or something.

Myopic? Doesn't matter. Just how I see it. Watched it even before he showed up here.

Regardless, I hope the Buffs do well and he does too.

In a 60 minute game the ones you cant prepare, or can only prepare so far are eventually identified and targeted by the opposition. Like a starter playing a position they weren't recruited for and were not comfortable with. Or a walk on playing 2nd team. That was the story of our OL most of last year. Other teams saw that and capitalized on it.

In terms of our starters we havent exactly lit it up on the recruiting trail for the last few years either.

No question. Similar to the Pac12 defenses being able to project and call the offensive plays of the Buffs. Happened more than once. Documented by Buff players and opposing players and coaches.

That is unpreparedness. Even then from Mac2 and Lindgrening the only comments were about some execution errors by the players.

No question. Similar to the Pac12 defenses being able to project and call the offensive plays of the Buffs. Happened more than once. Documented by Buff players and opposing players and coaches.

That is unpreparedness. Even then from Mac2 and Lindgrening the only comments were about some execution errors by the players.
I don't disagree that game day coaching has been suspect, for sure. Many of us on this board have noted that we knew what play was coming before the ball was snapped. That has to get fixed.

Evaluate people based on what they do or don't do. What HCMM says or how he says it isn't all that important. The team's results this year will speak volumes.

Been evaluating for 3.5 years. Next .5 year is the icing.

Remember, first he said it was gonna take 3 years. Just Like SJS. Then he started the "worst program in division 1...........burned to the ground rant......"

Waiting. And yes the teams results this year will speak volumes. Can't wait for the after-game coaches comments. Regardless of a win or loss. But hoping they are all wins.

Go Buffs

I don't remember that. When did that happen?

That was specifically related to ASU. They had spied on practices and even had the calls down. CU had to change calls and once they did they pretty much dominated the game. Two years ago for the home game when they got down by a lot early and nearly came back to win.

This is actually what is behind the severe reduction in open practices from HCMM the past 2 years.

Can't recall the exact interviews, but HCMM has said this, or statements like it, on more than one occasion. That being said, I don't particularly buy the narrative that MacIntyre is some Hawkins reboot; very different guys fundamentally imo.

He's making **** up. I think he's creating a composite out of the last 3 coaching staffs.

Thinking? Making stuff up? One of the top three comments you use when you don't know.

Na he has mentioned it on several occasions and in several different variations, especially after the 2nd year when his 3 year plan turned out to be sell job by him.

From CUat the game November 2014
",....Then there was this, which was the most troubling …

When asked about getting over the hump and finally winning games, MacIntyre said: “We play in a tough league. It’s going to take a while. My mentor at Duke [Head Coach David Cutcliffe] didn’t win six games until his fifth year. Then he won 10 and they’re going to win 10 again this year”.

Red Flag No. 1 … Colorado didn’t hire David Cutcliffe’s protégé. Colorado hired the San Jose State head coach who went from one win, to five wins, to ten wins in his third season. Now, don’t get me wrong. No one with an I.Q. above room temperature has believed in weeks that Colorado was going to go to a bowl game this fall, and no one is projecting that the Buffs will win ten games next season. That being said, it sounds as if the three year plan to get to a bowl game has now been turned into a five year plan.

It sounds as if coach MacIntyre is prepping the press and the Buff Nation for three more losses this November, and an eight game losing streak heading into the 2015 season.

But MacIntyre was not done. After bringing up Duke and David Cutcliffe, MacIntyre continued: “When we went there (to Duke), they were the worst BCS program in the country. When I came here, this was the worst BCS program in the country”.

Red Flag No. 2 … Over the past 23 months, I have read or listened to most of what Coach MacIntyre has had to say. This is the first time in my recollection that he has referred to the CU situation he entered into as “the worst BCS program in the country”. To me, this bears too much of a resemblance to Dan Hawkins ranting about how the CU program – a program which had won four Big 12 North titles in the previous five seasons – had been “burned to the ground” prior to his arrival … but only after it was obvious he couldn’t turn it around.

Now, truth be told, Colorado was the worst BCS program in the country when Mike MacIntyre arrived. But this is not something the Buff Nation (or the players who were on that team which are still in his locker room) want to hear. If you take your car into a mechanic when it is not running, you don’t want the mechanic to come out to the waiting room three hours later, hand you a bill, and declare the car has problems. You want him to fix the damn car.

Buff fans don’t want to hear about the problems facing the CU football program, they want them fixed. Mike MacIntyre is not being paid $2 million per year to tell us how bad the situation is. He is being paid to turn it around...."

Just how it is DBT.

I am sure if you look around you can find others and specifically the one you don't believe. I'll keep digging once in a while.

The Mac2 dance was starting and maybe rightfully so.

Last edited:
Lol I like the caveat in that piece that says, "Now, truth be told, Colorado was the worst BCS program in the country when MM arrived..."

So basically, we're ripping on a guy for stating fact, and we're even admitting what he's saying is truthful. Lol **** outta here with that article from CU At The Game.

Thinking? Making stuff up? One of the top three comments you use when you don't know.

Na he has mentioned it on several occasions and in several different variations, especially after the 2nd year when his 3 year plan turned out to be sell job by him.

From CUat the game November 2014
",....Then there was this, which was the most troubling …

When asked about getting over the hump and finally winning games, MacIntyre said: “We play in a tough league. It’s going to take a while. My mentor at Duke [Head Coach David Cutcliffe] didn’t win six games until his fifth year. Then he won 10 and they’re going to win 10 again this year”.

Red Flag No. 1 … Colorado didn’t hire David Cutcliffe’s protégé. Colorado hired the San Jose State head coach who went from one win, to five wins, to ten wins in his third season. Now, don’t get me wrong. No one with an I.Q. above room temperature has believed in weeks that Colorado was going to go to a bowl game this fall, and no one is projecting that the Buffs will win ten games next season. That being said, it sounds as if the three year plan to get to a bowl game has now been turned into a five year plan.

It sounds as if coach MacIntyre is prepping the press and the Buff Nation for three more losses this November, and an eight game losing streak heading into the 2015 season.

But MacIntyre was not done. After bringing up Duke and David Cutcliffe, MacIntyre continued: “When we went there (to Duke), they were the worst BCS program in the country. When I came here, this was the worst BCS program in the country”.

Red Flag No. 2 … Over the past 23 months, I have read or listened to most of what Coach MacIntyre has had to say. This is the first time in my recollection that he has referred to the CU situation he entered into as “the worst BCS program in the country”. To me, this bears too much of a resemblance to Dan Hawkins ranting about how the CU program – a program which had won four Big 12 North titles in the previous five seasons – had been “burned to the ground” prior to his arrival … but only after it was obvious he couldn’t turn it around.

Now, truth be told, Colorado was the worst BCS program in the country when Mike MacIntyre arrived. But this is not something the Buff Nation (or the players who were on that team which are still in his locker room) want to hear. If you take your car into a mechanic when it is not running, you don’t want the mechanic to come out to the waiting room three hours later, hand you a bill, and declare the car has problems. You want him to fix the damn car.

Buff fans don’t want to hear about the problems facing the CU football program, they want them fixed. Mike MacIntyre is not being paid $2 million per year to tell us how bad the situation is. He is being paid to turn it around...."

Just how it is DBT.

I am sure if you look around you can find others. The dance was starting and maybe rightfully so.
Your obsession is not healthy.

Lol I like the caveat in that piece that says, "Now, truth be told, Colorado was the worst BCS program in the country when MM arrived..."

So basically, we're ripping on a guy for stating fact, and we're even admitting what he's saying is truthful. Lol **** outta here with that article from CU At The Game.

I like it as well. Very poignant as is the whole article. Style vs substance. Waiting for the substance. You?

That. This guy is a troll

Back