What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

My Breaking Point

AIM provides a chatroom feature, if you're into that. If you only want to talk to a handful of people you already know from a bar, you could probably do that, and you'd never have to deal with the inconvenience of a message board.

That's not a bad idea. I can enjoy esoteric conversations with people whose insights I value, while the message board continues ot pander to everyone's sensitivities. Once I'm in a location that supports a chatboard I'll give it a shot. Thanks for the input.

That's not a bad idea. I can enjoy esoteric conversations with people whose insights I value, while the message board continues ot pander to everyone's sensitivities. Once I'm in a location that supports a chatboard I'll give it a shot. Thanks for the input.

It will be easier than PMing the stuff we already self censor from the masses in the public forum. Off topic threads are the most interesting ones. If people don't like reading stupid ramblings from a wide collection of individual weirdos, then they shouldn't be on a forum looking for their information. They should be in the article section.

If we were more welcoming to new posters then we would end up with a lot of really ****** posters.

It will be easier than PMing the stuff we already self censor from the masses in the public forum. Off topic threads are the most interesting ones. If people don't like reading stupid ramblings from a wide collection of individual weirdos, then they shouldn't be on a forum looking for their information. They should be in the article section.

If we were more welcoming to new posters then we would end up with a lot of really ****** posters.

This.

You don't know that you won't agree with my esoteric conversations, that's the point. I have insights too, that haven't annoyed you yet, that I know of. Again, that's the point. Give n00b's a chance. That's all. You could be on Rivals right now, think about that, you should appreciate the filter you do have.

I would like to see more new posters so I can read their opinions on the physical abilities or lack there of of a 16 year kid in a 5 minute youtube video. How else am I going to know that they are being recruited out of position? I need to know!

You don't know that you won't agree with my esoteric conversations, that's the point. I have insights too, that haven't annoyed you yet, that I know of. Again, that's the point. Give n00b's a chance. That's all. You could be on Rivals right now, think about that, you should appreciate the filter you do have.

Within my first 5 posts, I believe I was told "**** you" twice. The only difference now is that there are a lot more users. I don't have a problem with n00bs, but I'm not going to treat them with a warm ****ing welcome hug just because they are new. I don't know who they are or what their intentions are. When they stick around and spend more time and effort on the board, then I will find out if I like them or not. If people can't take a little jabbing at their first appearance, then they won't be able to handle it later so **** 'em.

You may have insights that haven't annoyed me, that's true--but you also have some that have. Now you know.

I'm not at all opposed to new posters. New posters are great, as long as they bring something other than piousness, but there's been a lot of that lately, in my opinion. I pride myself on being the first to make a new poster green with gleeb.

I was a new poster once, and appropriately enough Allbuffs was initially less than welcoming (in not a mean-spirited way). That's how it works.

My concern is with a movement that aims to make this site become everything to everybody. There are better news sources out there, and there are better recruiting sites too. If that's a visitor's primary interest they're better served looking to other places. This place is about the response to those topics and more.

Allbuffs is great, in my mind, because of the diversity of opinions. A lot of those opinions are annoying, and you either have to deal with it, or address it through dialogue (or both). Another reason it's great here is because of the relationships we build. But you can't have and enjoy those relationships without developing some insider banter. A month or two on the site, and that banter becomes a lot more accessible.

Everybody has a different threshold for irreverence. For instance, Rugged is one of my favorite posters here, but sometimes his posts me cringe a little. But that doesn't mean my threshold is in right spot and his is in the wrong. So I'm a little uncomfortable...big deal.

I'm sure my posts make posters with a lower threshold than mine uncomfortable too.

The bottom line is that I like Allbuffs to be a place where people understand they might be a little uncomfortable, but are willing to deal with it.

My opinion matters little, anyway. I'm not a mod and I won't be on Allbuffs much longer. My impending departure has nothing to do with this thread, though.

If you are a new poster, don't be a stupid ****ing asshole.

You may have insights that haven't annoyed me, that's true--but you also have some that have. Now you know.

I'm not at all opposed to new posters. New posters are great, as long as they bring something other than piousness, but there's been a lot of that lately, in my opinion. I pride myself on being the first to make a new poster green with gleeb.

I was a new poster once, and appropriately enough Allbuffs was initially less than welcoming (in not a mean-spirited way). That's how it works.

My concern is with a movement that aims to make this site become everything to everybody. There are better news sources out there, and there are better recruiting sites too. If that's a visitor's primary interest they're better served looking to other places. This place is about the response to those topics and more.

Allbuffs is great, in my mind, because of the diversity of opinions. A lot of those opinions are annoying, and you either have to deal with it, or address it through dialogue (or both). Another reason it's great here is because of the relationships we build. But you can't have and enjoy those relationships without developing some insider banter. A month or two on the site, and that banter becomes a lot more accessible.

Everybody has a different threshold for irreverence. For instance, Rugged is one of my favorite posters here, but sometimes his posts me cringe a little. But that doesn't mean my threshold is in right spot and his is in the wrong. So I'm a little uncomfortable...big deal.

I'm sure my posts make posters with a lower threshold than mine uncomfortable too.

The bottom line is that I like Allbuffs to be a place where people understand they might be a little uncomfortable, but are willing to deal with it.

My opinion matters little, anyway. I'm not a mod and I won't be on Allbuffs much longer. My impending departure has nothing to do with this thread, though.

Wally<BP

Dear n00bs,

What are your thoughts on ranking prospects on a five star scale? Can Rivals and Scout be trusted to accurately forecast the talent of a bunch of high school boys.

Bonus question: Does CU's uniform look good, or should Nike designers go for designs that appeal to 18 an 19 year olds?

Within my first 5 posts, I believe I was told "**** you" twice. The only difference now is that there are a lot more users. I don't have a problem with n00bs, but I'm not going to treat them with a warm ****ing welcome hug just because they are new. I don't know who they are or what their intentions are. When they stick around and spend more time and effort on the board, then I will find out if I like them or not. If people can't take a little jabbing at their first appearance, then they won't be able to handle it later so **** 'em.

It's just the internet.

Last edited:
It's just the internet. If you guys need a certain amount of reverence to make you guys feel important before anyone can share their idead, well, okay then.

I don't remember anybody saying anybody has to do anything before they can share their ideas. If they did they're full of ****.

The dumbing down of allbuffs continues.

FIFY

It took a couple of big hits in the January/February 2008 timeframe and again in October 2010.

I'm guessing that the way feel about this thread is how guys like Liver/Skiddy/Junction/HF/Sacky/LB etc... felt when we showed up on the board.

It was though. You guys don't like to admit it, but there is a certain amount of reverence placed around here before anyone can get some traction.

I hope it is a temporary hiatus. And if this is in reference to the plan you mentioned to me earlier, I'm on board with that movement.

It was though. You guys don't like to admit it, but there is a certain amount of reverence placed around here before anyone can get some traction.

You could ask guys like Liverflukes who showed up and welcomed right away. It happens all the time where a new poster brings something to the board and they valued immediately.

Alferd Jasper is a perfect example (though he's gone now). He could take ****, and seemed incapable of a bad post from day one. We loved him from the get go.

I concur with Burrito, that it tends to be more merit based on Allbuffs.

Back