What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2014 Bubble Watch Thread

Georgetown just lost at Villanova by 18. Hoyas in serious trouble.

It can't be legal what Alabama and Tennessee are doing to Arkansas and Missouri. Arkansas will lose their spot in the field, probably for good. And Missouri's bubble pops.

It can't be legal what Alabama and Tennessee are doing to Arkansas and Missouri. Arkansas will lose their spot in the field, probably for good. And Missouri's bubble pops.

Meanwhile, I think Tennessee has shown what it is capable of. They can be dangerous in the tournament. (Or lose by 20 to Belmont.)

Meanwhile, I think Tennessee has shown what it is capable of. They can be dangerous in the tournament. (Or lose by 20 to Belmont.)

3 bid league with Vols getting in seems to be most likely. Arkansas just can't stay in after this performance and Missouri is done.

That was weird, according to the clock above the basket it looked like it was still on his fingertips but then according to that inset clock on the screen he got it off. I guess that was the official one. Officially going to OT now.

I heard somewhere that the review booth has more frames per second than the TV feed.

Things are coming together nicely for the Buffs. Harvard wins yesterday to get into the RPI Top 50, Stanford failed to give away their game to Utah, keeping Furd in the Top 50, and Arizona State doesn't give a crap and will likely keep Oregon State in the Top 100. If this holds up, this game with Cal may not mean much. I don't see a 7 seed as likely unless we make the Tourney Final, and an 8 or a 9 is a meaningless distinction.

3 bid league with Vols getting in seems to be most likely. Arkansas just can't stay in after this performance and Missouri is done.

It has to be three, max. Georgia looks like they may beat LSU and finish in third at 12-6 (Two games ahead of Arkansas and three up on Missouri). They didn't belong on the same court as CU. If Ark and/or Mizzou make the dance, the PAC should be a 10 bid league. Both are basically the equivalent of Washington or Oregon St in the PAC.

If this holds up, this game with Cal may not mean much. I don't see a 7 seed as likely unless we make the Tourney Final, and an 8 or a 9 is a meaningless distinction.

I think the game is still huge. The bye in the PAC12 tourney is huge. A slip-up against USC or Wazzou in the first round would be a seed killer.

Sunday:

Florida State 18-11 (9-8) vs #7 Syracuse 26-4 (13-4): Prior to Saturday, Lunardi had FSU his 4th team out and Bracket Matrix had them 7th out. Numerous bubble teams took losses by big margins Saturday, leaving the door open for FSU. RPI is 54. If the Noles can beat 'Cuse, they have a good chance of slipping into the field. They probably still will need at least 1 ACC Tournament win. If they lose, a deep run and some outside luck is their only hope. Noles have quality wins over VCU, UMass and Pitt, but they really need this win over Syracuse (it would be their 4th straight win) to show they belong.

St. Joseph's 21-8 (11-4) vs LaSalle 14-15 (6-9): Lunardi has St. Joes as an 11 seed holding the final bye, while Bracket Matrix has them a 10 seed. RPI is 34. St. Joes did absolutely nothing positive OOC (and picked up a horrendous loss to Temple), however in conference play they've managed to beat UMass, VCU and sweep Dayton. As long as the Hawks take care of business at home against La Salle and don't lose to anyone awful in the A10 tournament, they'll be fine. They're in the field, but they're one bad loss away from a very nervous Selection Sunday.

Minnesota 18-12 (7-10) vs Penn State 15-15 (6-11): Lunardi has Minnesota his 3rd team out, Bracket Matrix has them the 2nd team out. RPI is 51. With so many bubble losses today, who knows where exactly they are at the moment. What we do know is this: Minnesota is right near the cut-line and a home loss to Penn State would end their Dance hopes for good. Minnesota played a tough OOC, but only has a win over FSU to show for it. In conference they've beaten Wisconsin, Ohio State and Iowa, but have lost to Northwestern and Illinois on their home court and also at Purdue. The committee will certainly be impressed by their 5th ranked SOS, but you can only take that so far. A home loss to 107 Penn State would be one bad loss too many. Gophers have only won 3 of their last 10 heading into this. If they win, they'll stay alive but will likely need at least 1 conference tournament win (they'll be facing Illinois or Indiana, most likely).

Nebraska 18-11 (10-7) vs #9 Wisconsin 25-5 (12-5): Lunardi has Nebraska his last team in, Bracket Matrix has them the first team out. RPI is 50. What an opportunity for Nebraska. With so many teams around them failing, a win likely gets the Huskers a Dance bid (they'd get a bye for the B1G tournament and thus likely wouldn't face a team that would bring a sub-100 loss). If they lose, they're by no means done, but would need at least 1 conference tournament win. Nebraska has already won @ Michigan State and defeated Ohio State and Minnesota, but they've taken bad losses to UAB, Purdue and Penn State. The opportunity is there for Nebraska to go seize a dance ticket. This is quite possibly the biggest game Nebraska basketball has ever had (when you've only made 6 NCAA Tournaments and never won a game, it's slim pickings).

Didn't want to start a new thread about this since (I hope) it involves a quick answer, and I trust CVille, Nik, or someone else in the know should be able to provide it ...

Does anyone here have a list as to who is serving on the Selection Committee this year (or where it can be looked up)? It seems to me that we got screwed in 2011 largely because the committee members were heavily skewed towards the eastern conferences (including the ACC). Are there ANY members from western conferences on the committee this year?

A quick search turned up this list and there's 4 members from the western part of the country

NamePosition
Mike BobinskiGeorgia Tech Athletic Director
Ron WellmanWake Forest University Athletic Director
Doug FullertonBig Sky Conference Commissioner
Scott BarnesUtah State University Athletic Director
Judy MacLeodConference USA Executive Associate Commissioner[SUP][1][/SUP]
Joe AllevaLSU Director of Athletics
Jamie ZaninovichWest Coast Conference Commissioner
Joe CastiglioneUniversity of Oklahoma Athletic Director
Bernard MuirStanford University Athletic Director
Mark HollisMichigan State University Athletic Director

A quick search turned up this list and there's 4 members from the western part of the country

NamePosition
Mike BobinskiGeorgia Tech Athletic Director
Ron WellmanWake Forest University Athletic Director
Doug FullertonBig Sky Conference Commissioner
Scott BarnesUtah State University Athletic Director
Judy MacLeodConference USA Executive Associate Commissioner[SUP][1][/SUP]
Joe AllevaLSU Director of Athletics
Jamie ZaninovichWest Coast Conference Commissioner
Joe CastiglioneUniversity of Oklahoma Athletic Director
Bernard MuirStanford University Athletic Director
Mark HollisMichigan State University Athletic Director

ACC with 2. Sigh.

ACC with 2. Sigh.

No **** ... guess we know what part of the country Duke and UNC will be starting out in (again). :rolling_eyes:

But at least the west has some representation, including an AD from the Pac 12.

Thanks CarolinaBuff :thumbsup:

I still think that UNC won't get slotted in Raleigh unless they win the ACC tourney, and even then I wouldn't be sure. But I think the chances are good that Duke ends up there along with UVA as the other top-4 seed to play in Raleigh.

Didn't want to start a new thread about this since (I hope) it involves a quick answer, and I trust CVille, Nik, or someone else in the know should be able to provide it ...

Does anyone here have a list as to who is serving on the Selection Committee this year (or where it can be looked up)? It seems to me that we got screwed in 2011 largely because the committee members were heavily skewed towards the eastern conferences (including the ACC). Are there ANY members from western conferences on the committee this year?
Wellman effed us over, right?

I hope the Oklahoma AD doesn't hold it against CU that we voted against them entering the Pac-12.

He'll team up with Wellman. Does 'Furd's AD have anything against us?

He'll lobby for us, I would think. That's his job - maximizing conference revenue.* Plus the better CU looks the less bad Furd's home loss to us looks.

* This was a big reason we were left out in the cold in 2011. We had left the Big 12 and neither they nor the Pac-12 had any incentive to carry the CU flag. Dan Beebe ****ed us on the committee that year.

Back