What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2016 All-in-One Assistant Coaches Compendium Thread - hagan in, bernardi to te, adams ol -

Someone might remember but wasn't Hagan the RC when Hawkins landed Scott and Katoa and made such a big splash ? I understand they didnt work out but the fact we got them is really the last recruiting coup we have seen.

Too bad CU blew their "legacy" card load with coaches by making Embree HC. I think having EB and JE as RB and TE coaches and recruiters on staff would be solid, realistic hires for this team.

Mike Locksley is the interim head coach at Maryland. It would be great to see CU bring in a coach of his caliber. RB and run game coordinator or recruiting coordinator. He from the DC area; but has coached in Florida Illinois and New Mexico so maybe we could get him to CU

Locksley concerns me in that his known value is in recruiting DC/MD/NoVa. Unless we are committing to taking our FL/GA focus area and expanding it way up the coast and owning HD Woodson like we did in 2012 I don't see the need. Yes he could be told to recruit California but I think a program east of the Mississippi will be coveting him for his tremendous connections near where he currently is. Also the incident of him fistfighting his assistants while at New Mexico makes me think being a position coach and taking orders in a tense dead man walking atmosphere of MacIntyre's 4th year could spell disaster for tempers on the staff.

There will be staff changes. This team didnt meet expectations-most of the beat writers said 5-8 at a minimum. Lindgren needs to be shown the door at OC. You guys like him, but he was a big issue with this year's offense, and I'll go as far as to say he lost the UCLA game. Bernardi can follow. The o line was bad. Neinas, and I'd cap things there. Get an RBs coach who can handle special teams, bring Shawn Watson back to call plays, and I'd be fine with Naeole assuming Rolovich doesn't retain him-wed learn how to properly pass block.

With Fuente to VT, Shibest, his TE/ST coach is in flux, just sayin'.

Shibest is a great ST Coordinator. I'll be really surprised if Fuente doesn't bring him to VA Tech with him. But if he's available, the Buffs couldn't do any better.

I think Lindgren should get another year, but he has a lot to figure out between now and then. Every other coach on the offensive side of the ball is expendable IMO.

This is where I am with Lindgren, I think he's shown some promise but they need to take a hard look at the stuff that didn't work this year and figure out a plan to address it, fixing the OL situation would go a long way to addressing some of his scheme issues.

Too bad CU blew their "legacy" card load with coaches by making Embree HC. I think having EB and JE as RB and TE coaches and recruiters on staff would be solid, realistic hires for this team.
As if those guys would have ever accepted those jobs.

Chris Brasfeld is a guy who should get looks as a RB coach. Has deep Texas ties (TCU grad and former high school head coach in DFW). He currently is in an administrative role at Nebraska, so a position coaching gig could tempt him to jump.

Chris Brasfeld is a guy who should get looks as a RB coach. Has deep Texas ties (TCU grad and former high school head coach in DFW). He currently is in an administrative role at ****braska, so a position coaching gig could tempt him to jump.

Very intriguing; I like it.

Locksley concerns me in that his known value is in recruiting DC/MD/NoVa. Unless we are committing to taking our FL/GA focus area and expanding it way up the coast and owning HD Woodson like we did in 2012 I don't see the need. Yes he could be told to recruit California but I think a program east of the Mississippi will be coveting him for his tremendous connections near where he currently is. Also the incident of him fistfighting his assistants while at New Mexico makes me think being a position coach and taking orders in a tense dead man walking atmosphere of MacIntyre's 4th year could spell disaster for tempers on the staff.
Your right we need to find the west coast version of Locksley. With MMac on the hot seat it will be hard to poach top staff; but we should try. I'd love to grab one of the top recruiters from UCLA staff.

Holy hell, which part of lindgren's play call g has you wanting him back? Is it the 5 rb rotation? The 4 yd out on 3rd and 7? Maybe it's the refusal to throw across the middle or to the te?

Lindgren is #1 on the must go list. Maybe also #2
PEP HAMILTON

Should look at Norries Wilson from the Rutgers staff to be the new OL coach at CU.

Shibest is a great ST Coordinator. I'll be really surprised if Fuente doesn't bring him to VA Tech with him. But if he's available, the Buffs couldn't do any better.

Shibest reported by CoachingSearch as going with him to VT. There goes that dream.

Don't tell me MacIntyre wasn't aware of a guy who has won ST coordinator of the year, recruits Texas, and was coaching at Memphis after stops in the SEC. Mac had his chance in 2013, 2014, and 2015 to do better at ST. Garbage.

something will happen...rg is a smart man...he knows attendence will go further south next year without change I know my 6 season tickets are at best a 50-50 renewal

Last edited:
I think Lindgren limited his own playbook to cover up for known deficiencies with his quarterback(s). He didn't call screens and quick crossing routes with Sefo because... well I don't know exactly why, but as soon as Apsay was starting those plays were magically back in the playbook.

Basically, I'm not sure the game planning and play calling were the problem, as much as it was a terrible OL, mediocre receiving core (except Spruce), and lack of talent at QB.

I do blame the lack of talent at QB on Lindgren though (recruiting and maybe coaching as well).

So yes, give him another year, but give him some help on the OL and on the recruiting trail - he very obviously needs that help.

I think Lindgren limited his own playbook to cover up for known deficiencies with his quarterback(s). He didn't call screens and quick crossing routes with Sefo because... well I don't know exactly why, but as soon as Apsay was starting those plays were magically back in the playbook.

Basically, I'm not sure the game planning and play calling were the problem, as much as it was a terrible OL, mediocre receiving core (except Spruce), and lack of talent at QB.

I do blame the lack of talent at QB on Lindgren though (recruiting and maybe coaching as well).

So yes, give him another year, but give him some help on the OL and on the recruiting trail - he very obviously needs that help.
Agreed.

I'm really torn on Lindgren. I don't think he is the problem, but his recruiting has to be questioned. I think he really does a good job of keeping us in games. He is very limited due to his oline, but I think he has shown us his cards and I don't ever have trust in him committing to the run game. I think we have a stable of running backs that we could be successful with. I also think we have some receivers that could also be in that group, if we can get them involved.

Lindgren will be back, but I think everyone else on the offensive side has to be questioned and evaluated to the T.

For me, there is one very clear name at the top of the list - Neinas. Lindgren and Bernardi were faced with some injuries that couldn't be covered by depth. The offense should improve significantly next year, so I'm willing to give those guys the chance to prove that what they've been working in for the last three years is starting to produce results.

Neinas... Dude should be coaching high school.

Does he have any relevant recruiting ties? It looks like Wilson has spent most of his time in the Northeast.

Recruiting is so much more national now a days as shown with the recent Florida recruiting. Obviously we have huge needs in Texas and Southern California but a good recruiter is a good recruiter and people from the Northeast love Colorado too.

Recruiting is so much more national now a days as shown with the recent Florida recruiting. Obviously we have huge needs in Texas and Southern California but a good recruiter is a good recruiter and people from the Northeast love Colorado too.
I get that. The reason that we are getting looks from FLA recruits now has to do with Leavitt and the staff's connection with FLA area coaches. He is a big name down there, particularly in the USF footprint (see Watts).

My worry is that Wilson's only connections are in the Northeast region, where the talent pool is much much smaller than FLA. How many recruits could we realistically pull out of New England/NY that would be worth the effort or better than what we could get in CA/TX/FLA?

Well, if we want a recruiter on the OL for TX and CA it's very possible that Adrian Klemm will be available. UCLA suspended him twice because he may not strictly follow the NCAA guidelines, but he gets dudes.

Well, if we want a recruiter on the OL for TX and CA it's very possible that Adrian Klemm will be available. UCLA suspended him twice because he may not strictly follow the NCAA guidelines, but he gets dudes.
I would be okay with this. I may be off base here, but it seems to me that the NCAA is looking less harshly at those type of violations than it did in the past. They are doling out slaps on the wrist now, rather than completely blowing up a program. Just look at Boeheim up at Syracuse. SU is getting scholarships back already.

Really do not see any changes coming on this front. MM and RG going to rock steady and put up or shut up next season. #nochangescoming

Back