What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2016 Coaching Carousel

This is the truth. Here is my picture:
1) Saban retires or goes to the NFL in January
2) Team hires a replacement in a couple of weeks because of how highly coveted the job is and they don't want to **** up the recruiting class too much
3) New hire has an "okay" first year going 10-3
4) Expectations for year 2 are a conference championship and in the playoff, but again, he delivers 10-3
5) The natives are restless, but no sane admin would fire a guy for two 10 win seasons, right?
6) In year 3, he loses to someone early (LSU?, the one big non-conference game they play?)
7) Fired about the same time of year that Les Miles was fired - October, give or take

I'm putting the over/under right now at 32 months.
I would laugh my ass off if Saban did retire and Bama replaced him with Les. Especially if he then proceeded to win the next 3 or 4 against LSU.

when Saban retires, 'Bama will follow the FSU model: announce one season before that Lane Kiffin (or other assistant) is "the guy", have a retirement tour of a season and keep fingers crossed that they don't lose a bunch of recruits in the change. or so I predict.

That will be an impossible job after he leaves.

Yep. If you don't win the national title every third season, you're a downgrade. It's almost impossible to take that job and perform well enough that the program doesn't get worse under you.

Yep. If you don't win the national title every third season, you're a downgrade. It's almost impossible to take that job and perform well enough that the program doesn't get worse under you.
Ray Perkins followed Bear Bryant. He was fired after year 3...

That will be an impossible job after he leaves.

Look no further than LSU. Since Saban delivered the mNC and then left for the Dolphins things have gotten testy.

The best local example would be BamaCharlie if you were around back then. He went from a humble poster and good contributor here to something to a bit of an braggadocios arrogant prick when Saban showed him the path. Before deciding he didnt have time for us anymore.

Despite my own familial ties to Alabama I look forward to the day that those ****s go 5-6 again on a regular basis.

HAHA holy **** what game made Bama Charlie leave? Was it the ****ing Kick6 game?

An ESPN hack tweeted (don't know how to embed a tweet, maybe one of you tech gurus can do it) Uncle Phil Knight is willing to throw $10MM at a new HC. He's 78 and realizing he is engaged in a race with the grim reaper, he wants a title before he heads to that big sweatshop in the sky.

Helfrich may be done.

Oh man this is so annoying to read. Like not only the idea but also that Chev is somehow included. (From ESPN)
Colorado's Mike MacIntyre has quickly gone from hot seat to hot candidate, so expect to hear his name mentioned for other jobs in the coming weeks. One interesting possibility is Baylor. MacIntyre is a devout Baptist, and his daughter, Jennifer, is a Baylor alum. He has no ties to the Art Briles regime and would bring an exciting offense -- elevated by the hiring of co-coordinator Darrin Chiaverini from Texas Tech. "He's the best hire there," an athletic director told ESPN.com this week. MacIntyre seems very happy at Colorado, which is finally investing in football, and has a strong relationship with athletic director Rick George, but he has strong roots in the South.

Yeah but just the assumption Chev would somehow leave CU to follow Mac if he did make a move, especially to Baylor, makes no sense.
Especially since rick George was the one that hired him, at least that's what I was told by some people on this board.

Yeah but just the assumption Chev would somehow leave CU to follow Mac if he did make a move, especially to Baylor, makes no sense.

Oh, no argument there. This prediction, like a lot of "insider" insight should be taken with a grain of salt.

I would think Tennessee would make a run at Mike Gundy again. Maybe Dan Mullen as well.

I would think Tennessee would make a run at Mike Gundy again. Maybe Dan Mullen as well.

You hearing through the grapevine that it's getting that bad there? I could see it getting that bad if they lost to Kentucky this week (or any of the final 3 games of UK, Mizzou & Vandy), but there's a good chance that they finish 9-3 and in the SEC Championship game.

Yep, Florida & Kentucky losing this weekend put UT back in the driver's seat in the East, didn't it? I think they stick with Butch for one more year.

They would have to fall very short of expectations for this to happen, IMO. Like 7 total wins or something. They have as much talent as anybody and quite possibly the best player in the country.
If Orgeron wins these last 3 games the job is his.

I was more responding to the speculation of Jones to Notre Dame.

But But But the AD said Kelly will get another year!
  • Lost opener to Texas
  • Fired DC Brian VanGorder after losing to Duke at home (a sacrifice to the football gods at 1-3).
  • Lost to NC State
  • Lost to Stanford at home.
  • AD Jack Swarbrick, Jr gave the ominous nod of approval for another year in October
  • Lost to Navy by 1 point
  • Said that the Replay Review system needs to be improved (It's not my fault!).
  • 3-6 (ouch)

Back