What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Buffs Dance Resume Thread

UCLA gets the win at Gonzaga. Despite the 3 losses on their resume, Bruins are going to get some attention for the Top 25.

Sunday games we care about:

Yale at USC (2:00, PACN)
AR-Pine Bluff at Iowa State (4:00)
UTEP at Washington State (4:00, PACN)
CSU at Northern Colorado (5:00)
Missouri at Arizona (6:00, PACN)
Omaha at Grand Canyon (6:00)

Dangerous slate of games other than ISU. In the CSU/UNC tilt, we want the Rams to win. Buffs need our road win to be a Top 100 on the resume.

In the CSU/UNC tilt, we want the Rams to win. Buffs need our road win to be a Top 100 on the resume.

You ... do realize what you're asking of us, don't you? o_O

Yale at USC (2:00, PACN)
AR-Pine Bluff at Iowa State (4:00)
UTEP at Washington State (4:00, PACN)
CSU at Northern Colorado (5:00)
Missouri at Arizona (6:00, PACN)
Omaha at Grand Canyon (6:00)

Dangerous slate of games other than ISU. In the CSU/UNC tilt, we want the Rams to win. Buffs need our road win to be a Top 100 on the resume.

USC had better be alert. This is a Yale side that lost by 2 to SMU, 4 to Illinois, and hung around with Duke for enough of the game that the ft's had to reach 22-2 at one point to give Duke the necessary cushion.

UTEP is coming off 2 pretty lopsided losses, albeit against competition stronger than it appears (NMSU, UT-Arlington). And of course Wazzu is coming off the Idaho fail. Cougs favored by 5.5

As for Omaha, this Grand Canyon squad is 7-1, granted not exactly against the toughest schedule. Only 1 of the 7 wins by less than double digits (mid-major Central Michigan).

Here's how I approach it:

1. Analytically, CSU win is good for us. If it happens -- it would be shocking if it didn't -- I chalk it up as "good for the Buffs' resume".
2. Emotionally, I don't cheer in this game and if NoCo pulls the upset it makes me very happy.

Have a seat and make yourself comfortable. Here's the right chair for this kind of situation.

8eb7c05b45e082ca7b1e6a33ef9eb365.jpg

Have a seat and make yourself comfortable. Here's the right chair for this kind of situation.

8eb7c05b45e082ca7b1e6a33ef9eb365.jpg
I think most ramie fans, and fusker fans, for that matter, would prefer, you know, standing behind the chair. NTTIAWWT.

Iowa State goes to 9-0, as expected.

Wazzu holding to a 10pt lead against UTEP.

CSU trailing by 10 at UNCo as we near the end of the 1st.

CSU looked decent with that win at Northern Iowa. They made it to 5-0. Now here they are having lost their last 4 D1 games. You can rationalize the previous 3, but not UNCo. Blowing those huge halftime leads against UTEP and CU looks like it has really shaken them.

Last edited:
So, with auburn 4-2 and no interesting wins, and the rammies sucking it up... where is this team actually? I mean, they look good, have held court, but the 2 biggest wins don't look especially telling atm

CSU looked decent with that win at Northern Iowa. They made it to 5-0. Now here they are having lost their last 4 D1 games. You can rationalize the previous 3, but not UNCo. Blowing those huge halftime leads against UTEP and CU looks like it has really shaken them.

Wonder if Larry has lost the team. There's been grumbling for a while, but it's getting ugly.

So, with auburn 4-2 and no interesting wins, and the rammies sucking it up... where is this team actually? I mean, they look good, have held court, but the 2 biggest wins don't look especially telling atm
BYU is a better team than Auburn and probably at this point better than CSU so I'd say beating the Cougs was probably our best win so far.

I don't think it's playing out much differently than anticipated, though. CSU's recent collapse is odd, but this was a Ram squad that was picked to be a middling MWC team. The same for Auburn in the SEC. They're encouraging wins because of how they came (on the road, poised second half showings) they're not teams that will likely make much (if any) postseason noise. I think BYU is the best team we've beaten thus far -- I think they'll be sitting around 25 wins come Selection Sunday. And while ISU was a loss, it offers strong evidence that this team is vastly improved.

Omaha finishes the day with a 108-104 in OT at 7-1 Grand Canyon. That Omaha team scores in bunches -- 61 point second half.

Remember, raw RPI is based on D1 record of opponent & opponent's oppoments.

That win over Grand Canyon by Omaha was a solid bump.

Back