What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Buffs Dance Resume Thread

RPI looking pretty good after the game. Not sure which service to use, but Yahoo has us at #28

I'm using TeamRankings this year. I looked at a few sites and they all had us at 28 or 29 entering today. I'm sure it has improved with that road win. But I'm only going to update the OP weekly.

CU RPI now 17th where I'm looking.

-A top 5 opponent in ISU
-Two true road wins over decent opposition (road wins are RPI gold).
-An OOC in which the lesser opposition has been stronger than anticipated. Teams such as Air Force (6-2) are better than expected.

Dangerous games right now

UCLA looking hungover against a good LBSU side

UW looking like a team that's been off since Nov 27

UCLA survived a scare from LBSU to win 83-76. Bruins now 6-3

Washington woke up and killed CSU-Fullerton. Huskies now 5-2

Monday games we care about:

Kent State at NJIT (5:00)... NJIT is better than people realize
Buffalo at Iowa State (7:00, ESPNU)... Clones shouldn't be challenged
Oregon vs Navy (7:45, FS1) in Hawaii... this is actually a potentially tough game for the Ducks
Idaho at USC (8:00, PACN)... should be an easy win, but I don't trust USC yet

Major conference winning percentages:

Big12: 80.6
Pac12: 77.8
ACC: 75.2
Big10: 70.4
SEC: 70.3

Pac12 against these conferences:

SEC: 4-0
Big12: 3-3
ACC: 1-2
Big10: None played
Big East: 1-4

Not bad, except for the Big East owning us.

Looking at www.rpiforecast.com, CU suprisingly has the weakest rpi schedule (excluding tournament games after round one) in the P12 at 61 in the nation.

Everyone has scheduled pretty tough this season. Stanford and UCLA are #2 and #3 nationially.

With no superpower in the conference and seemingly no real patsies (only Wazzu is projected to be outside the top 100 rpi), this could be the most fun season since CU joined the PAC.

This will definitely be a fun thread to watch this year.

Doesn't include SMU game because it's not officially on the schedule until we both win our tourney games.

Doesn't include SMU game because it's not officially on the schedule until we both win our tourney games.

Yeah, that's why I put the disclaimer in there. I didn't look to see if any other teams are participating in holiday tourneys.

In any case, right now the P12 projected SOS and rpi are #2. Gonna be fun. Can't take any games off.

Vegas mudholing the Ducks right now. Is this game considered a neutral site game for RPI purposes? Being played at MGM, not at Thomas and Mack. If so, that's really dumb.
scheduling non-conf games at the site of your conference tourney is really common. UNC-Greensboro loved them some ACC scheduling on years the tourney was there.

Monday games we care about:

Kent State at NJIT (5:00)... NJIT is better than people realize
Buffalo at Iowa State (7:00, ESPNU)... Clones shouldn't be challenged
Oregon vs Navy (7:45, FS1) in Hawaii... this is actually a potentially tough game for the Ducks
Idaho at USC (8:00, PACN)... should be an easy win, but I don't trust USC yet

All took care of business

Tuesday:

Penn State (5-2) @ George Washington (7-1): PSU 11 point underdogs. GW has already knocked off UVA this year in this gym.

#19 SMU (6-0) vs Michigan (6-2): SMU's first real test (Stanford and TCU both suck).

Air Force (6-2) @ Ohio State (3-4): AFA has been playing well and the Buckeyes struggling, but this is asking a lot. OSU favored by 14.

Portland (4-5) vs Idaho State (2-4): Idaho State is bottom of the barrel, sub-300. Portland should roll.

Washington (5-2) vs TCU (4-3): Huskies should take this at home. TCU is getting better, but they still suck. UW 5.5 point favorites.

Dont quite understand the ASU love, but oh well. Its freaking December 8th. Who cares. A win over BYU would be huge.
It is kind of strange. They've got a pretty good road win and 3 top 100 RPI wins (stupid Rams need to get their act together), but their two losses are bad, especially to Sacramento State at home. They own probably the two worst losses by the entire Pac12.

X-factor for ASU is the media will always have some degree of a hard-on when a former Duke guy takes the helm somewhere.

Dont quite understand the ASU love, but oh well. Its freaking December 8th. Who cares. A win over BYU would be huge.

Beating Aggie was huge. I agree with you, but I can see why some are high on them. Plus Hurley is a badass. But Kentucky will smack them down this week.

SMU is going to be top 20 all season. If we don't have an epic fail against Penn State our OOC is going to be looking much, much prettier. They need to face us for the sake of their OOC even more than we need them.

SMU is going to be top 20 all season. If we don't have an epic fail against Penn State our OOC is going to be looking much, much prettier. They need to face us for the sake of their OOC even more than we need them.

They are banned from the postseason this year. Serious question, wouldn't it be better for their program to just stack wins and ignore RPI?

They are banned from the postseason this year. Serious question, wouldn't it be better for their program to just stack wins and ignore RPI?

Ah right. Weird situation. Lost a pretty sizable amount of scholies over the next few years as well if that's still being upheld.

Their OOC is tougher than it looked at first glance...game with Gonzaga was hidden amongst February games.

Wednesday:

Omaha (4-4) @ Missouri (4-3): This is one to keep an eye on. Omaha could pull the upset if they play anything like they did against us. Mizzou favored by 6.

#13 Arizona (7-1) vs Fresno State (6-2): Cats favored by 12.5

BYU (5-2) vs Utah State (5-1): BYU favored by 8

Colorado State (5-3) vs Arkansas-Fort Smith: A more winnable game for CSU. Non D1.

Northern Colorado (1-6) vs York: Non D1. What in the **** is York?

Cal (6-2) vs Incarnate Word (3-3): These guys actually are D1

York is a decent candy choice. The big ones are good cause you can eat off all the chocolate first and then bite into that slightly gross but oddly satisfying peppermint disc.

Back