What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Buffs Dance Resume Thread

Emery (freshman averaging over 15 ppg for BYU) just got ejected on a Flagrant-2 for punching Utah's Taylor in the middle of a play. This was bad. There needs to be a suspension with this.

I really like having BYU on the schedule (good resume builder), but I do have my worries that it could be this year's version of Wyo: game against a solid regional opponent with CU being easily one of their big games of the season in which their own at-large hopes hinge on.

Wednesday was as close to a night of perfection for our resume as you can find. Not only were CU's opponents winning, but the wins were coming on the road (the holy grail of RPI). Arizona State, Penn State, Portland, Auburn, Hampton, SMU...you name it. Road wins. 7-1 record including 5-0 on the road. BYU fell at Utah, but they're obviously both opponents.

Thursday:

UCLA (4-3) vs # Kentucky (7-0): Surprised UK is only favored by 5.5. Bruins have been mediocre at best. At least this will do their RPI a big favor, but UCLA is on its way to needing an impressive run in Pac play. This is hardly the last of their big time OOC games and the losses are starting to pile up.

Colorado State (5-1) vs Long Beach State (3-4): Don't be fooled by the record: LBSU is solid. They've knocked off BYU and Seton Hall already this season. Narrow losses to SDSU and Okie State (2x). Only UVA has managed to kill them. These guys are battle tested. Rams are favored by 6.5, but they could easily drop this if they get caught looking ahead to CU.

USC (5-2) @ USCB (2-3): Danger for USC visiting this solid UCSB program on the road. UCSB lost to ASU by 2 at the last second a few days ago. Trojans were last seen getting killed by Monmouth. Trojans favored by 2.5.

Northern Colorado (1-5) @ UC-Riverside (4-2): Any win UNC pulls off this year looks like it will be a nice little surprise, especially if they manage road wins. UNC wasn't supposed to be this bad this year, but we saw all too well what the reality is. Bears winning at UCR would be highly unexpected.

Also of note: Arizona's Kaleb Tarczewski is out 4-6 weeks (foot). Won't have an effect on our meeting with Zona (Feb. 24) of course, since we're CU and it's always others who benefit from our issues. Still, this is a loss for the 'Cats, no doubt. Tarczewski is a senior and we know what he's capable of. Hurts Arizona's chances when they visit Gonzaga in a few days. Zona starts Pac play with 3 roadies (ASU, UCLA, USC) which he may miss.

Last edited:
Emery (freshman averaging over 15 ppg for BYU) just got ejected on a Flagrant-2 for punching Utah's Taylor in the middle of a play. This was bad. There needs to be a suspension with this.

One of the dirtiest programs in the country year in and year out. I hope they nail his ass. That was bull****.

Daaaang. I've thrown a few well-placed elbows in my time, but that's straight-up hitman style. Of course, not sure we can talk much with Chomps McGee getting his loose balls.

UCLA up 8 on Kentucky at the half. ESPN.
CSU down 8 to Long Beach State at the half.

CSU still trying to claw its way back. LBSU winning nearly all the stats, but are getting in foul trouble. 5 point game with 8-1/2 left.

This is the first I've watched UCLA this year, but Thomas Welsh is vastly improved. He's killed Kentucky tonight.

I wouldn't want to have faced LBSU right before CSU. Not a good schedule set up for them. LBSU is good and plays one hell of a schedule.

Rams about to drop their game to LBSU. That doesn't help us.

Doesn't hurt too badly either. Not spinning this as a good thing, but LBSU's schedule will deliver a Top 100 RPI at worst and likely Top 50.

Other thing is if you'd asked me before tonight's games if I would trade a CSU loss for a UCLA win over Kentucky, I'd have absolutely said yes. On balance this is a good night so far.

What will tip it is whether USC closes to win at UCSB (up 12) and if UNCo finds a way to win at UC Riverside (down 5).

Well I think we found out tonight that Kentucky's #1 ranking had a lot to do with prestige and recruiting classes (which are unpredictable). Not trying to knock UCLA, their's is a problem of consistency. They have a lot of talent and when they all play together they can hang with anyone. Great win for the PAC-12 and UCLA.

Not much going on Friday, but we get a good one.

#15 Oregon (6-0) at UNLV (6-1) at 9pm on ESPN2.

Not much going on Friday, but we get a good one.

#15 Oregon (6-0) at UNLV (6-1) at 9pm on ESPN2.

Ducks favored by 2. Oregon's first trip out of Eugene.

UNLV's one loss all of a sudden looks pretty good (77-75 to UCLA). I think we'll find inconsistency a theme with UCLA all season. This is a halfway decent UNLV team, but if Oregon is truly top 15 then they should win this more often than not.

Back