What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Colorado State Game Thread

Too all you haters - I was responding to what I felt was a silly comment. Yes - I think Mikey Harrison should be on scholarship. But I don't view giving a scholarship to a starting tight end who just went 7/76 with 2 TDs and a 2pt conversion as a feel good "reward" to post on social media. If we don't give him a scholarship, someone else will.

From my point of view, we're talking about a potential NFL prospect.

Last edited:
Too all you haters - I was responding to what I felt was a silly comment. Yes - I think Mikey Harrison should be on scholarship. But I don't view giving a scholarship to a starting tight end who just 7/76 with 2 TDs and a 2pt conversion as a feel good "reward" to post on social media. If we don't give him a scholarship, someone else will.

From my point of view, we're talking about a potential NFL prospect.
One thing about College Football Scholarships that I had never realized and I think that is forgotten is they are year to year, and are not guaranteed for all 4-5 years a player might spend at the school. Mikey should get a 2023-24 Scholarship immediately, and then he will likely get a refund from the school that he can spend accordingly. He stuck around, he changed positions, he has worked hard, he has to put up with Brewster's potty mouth, and he contributed to the Rams failed attempt to beat us. The guy should have a scholly and a statue

One thing about College Football Scholarships that I had never realized and I think that is forgotten is they are year to year, and are not guaranteed for all 4-5 years a player might spend at the school. Mikey should get a 2023-24 Scholarship immediately, and then he will likely get a refund from the school that he can spend accordingly. He stuck around, he changed positions, he has worked hard, he has to put up with Brewster's potty mouth, and he contributed to the Rams failed attempt to beat us. The guy should have a scholly and a statue
If he’s given a scholarship, the academic scholarship is guaranteed. Membership on the team is not guaranteed.

If he’s given a scholarship, the academic scholarship is guaranteed. Membership on the team is not guaranteed.
As he didn't sign a letter of intent or financial aid agreement, the duration and terms of the scholarship would be up to the school. That is why walk-on's can get a scholarship one year and not have one the next year. Most teams don't award them though to walk-on's with eligibility remaining unless they are primary contributors. We have room this year to give him one, they should do it.

As he didn't sign a letter of intent or financial aid agreement, the duration and terms of the scholarship would be up to the school. That is why walk-on's can get a scholarship one year and not have one the next year. Most teams don't award them though to walk-on's with eligibility remaining unless they are primary contributors. We have room this year to give him one, they should do it.
Unsure of the Big 12 rule, but my understanding is that the P12 schools have opted to keep those academic scholarships valid until the player’s expected graduation date. For walkons, the liability is usually lower because they make good academic progress and have 1-2 (3 on rare on occasion) years left in school.

One thing about College Football Scholarships that I had never realized and I think that is forgotten is they are year to year, and are not guaranteed for all 4-5 years a player might spend at the school.

As of several years ago this is incorrect. Scholarships are for at least four years now.

Unsure of the Big 12 rule, but my understanding is that the P12 schools have opted to keep those academic scholarships valid until the player’s expected graduation date. For walkons, the liability is usually lower because they make good academic progress and have 1-2 (3 on rare on occasion) years left in school.
I knew the Pac12 was the 1st to guarantee the 4 years for LOI signers, I hadn't read anything about doing similar for walk-on's. In one way it kind of hurts walk-on's because a team may be reluctant to give a walk-on any aid if they knew that they had to keep giving it, costing them an opportunity to recruit someone better. For most walk-on's getting 1 year paid for is great, knowing they never had the expectation of getting one at all. Under the NCAA rules you couldn't award a walk-on aid for football one year, then take it away and put him on academic scholarship while allowing him to continue to participate in football. He would have to quit football to maintain that aid.

I have been rocking my mental health lately, so I will try my hardest to make it to the CSU game next year. I want it to be a home game for CU in Fort Collins. Also, I have never been teargassed, so that will be an experience.
Just make sure to leave the stadium once the game is over, even if the band is sill playing , you should be good.

I have been rocking my mental health lately, so I will try my hardest to make it to the CSU game next year. I want it to be a home game for CU in Fort Collins. Also, I have never been teargassed, so that will be an experience.
Don't forget to admire the substantial hedges adorning the new stadium.

Haven’t been that far north in CO yet. I might have to consider this one. Some of my wife’s family (CSU Alum and all around supportive) would probably hate me, but the chances of seeing a Buffs game at Folsom may be slim. There is also the kNub game in Stincoln next year…🤔

it may be bad angles, but it looks like Blackburn had a very decent chance for a pick. Instead he chose to do TH dirty.

I knew the Pac12 was the 1st to guarantee the 4 years for LOI signers, I hadn't read anything about doing similar for walk-on's. In one way it kind of hurts walk-on's because a team may be reluctant to give a walk-on any aid if they knew that they had to keep giving it, costing them an opportunity to recruit someone better. For most walk-on's getting 1 year paid for is great, knowing they never had the expectation of getting one at all. Under the NCAA rules you couldn't award a walk-on aid for football one year, then take it away and put him on academic scholarship while allowing him to continue to participate in football. He would have to quit football to maintain that aid.
My bad, things have been so fluid for the past few years. Thank you for the clarity
I am hopeful they pull the special Scholarship presentation to Mikey to pump up the team, cause he has earned it

Pretty much all rules with regard to the 4 year guarantee are only for players that sign national letters of intent out of high school or juco and/or similar financial aid agreements. I am pretty sure the division 1 manual still allows 1 year agreements for all other situations, except grad transfers.

Was curious so I took a look at Ramnation and saw some funny stuff. In addition to bitching about the officiating, one thing they are going on about is that the huge ratings for the game weren't all about CU and CP. They actually think Gameday may come to Ft Collins for one of their upcoming games.

Was curious so I took a look at Ramnation and saw some funny stuff. In addition to bitching about the officiating, one thing they are going on about is that the huge ratings for the game weren't all about CU and CP. They actually think Gameday may come to Ft Collins for one of their upcoming games.
Lol I don't even know who they play this week, but once they lose, it'll be back to irrelevance for them.

FSU burned the bridge when they told CP he wasn't a candidate to coach there because he doesn't have a real college degree.
please cite your source on this -- this is new information and I'm now intensely curious

He did not strike the head or neck area with the crown of his helmet. He did engage in a blindside hit against a defenseless receiver.
I’ve always argued that by definition the word “targeting” implies intent. And that’s been my problem with the penalty when, say, a tackler begins the process of tackling a running quarterback and after he initiates the momentum the QB drops into a slide and the tackler hits him in the helmet area.

To me that does not meet MY definition of targeting because there was no intent to hit the QB in the helmet.

So in this case, Blackburn definitely “targeted” TH. No doubt. But the hit didn’t meet the definition in the rule book. And I suppose any legal tackle could be described as a generic definition of targeting.

please cite your source on this -- this is new information and I'm now intensely curious
Iirc he wanted to work at FSU and reached out and they said you have to get a degree. So he went and got one. Don’t think they dismissed his hbcu degree

Back