What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CU @ Oregon State Thread - 10/14 2 PM MT on P12-Network

what is scary is that at this point we can attribute the majority of MacIntyre's ("HCMM") success to Leavitt and players recruited by Embree...

This was apparent before the year. CU needs to terminate MacIntyre immediately, or it will be a repeat of Hawkins’ last few years, only worse.

Much needed win. Overcame a lot to get a conference road W today. Proud of this team.

This was apparent before the year. CU needs to terminate MacIntyre immediately, or it will be a repeat of Hawkins’ last few years, only worse.

LOL. Good one.

Oh wait, you're serious. Who should we go get? And who should take over interim?

Most jackasses around here want Leavitt (a well known recruiting weakling) to replace MM. Leavitt's defense has been getting punk'd all season long. And that is with 2 to 3 times the defensive talent (none of which was recruited by Leavitt) than CU currently has.

The Buff's NFL talent on D made Leavitt look good. Snookie Maka (Leavitt's main man) makes Leavitt look worse than MM.
If you're not one of the dopes mourning the loss of JMFL then who?

Interim coach? Well it couldn't possibly be Adams (oline has regressed), Chiv (WR's have clearly regressed), Bernardi, Jeffcoat or Lindgren (widely despised), Eliot, Els or Brown (possibly incompetent). So I guess in your world we'd have Darian Hagan as the HC for the remainder of the season.

LOL. Good one.

Oh wait, you're serious. Who should we go get? And who should take over interim?

Most jackasses around here want Leavitt (a well known recruiting weakling) to replace MM. Leavitt's defense has been getting punk'd all season long. And that is with 2 to 3 times the defensive talent (none of which was recruited by Leavitt) than CU currently has.

The Buff's NFL talent on D made Leavitt look good. Snookie Maka (Leavitt's main man) makes Leavitt look worse than MM.
If you're not one of the dopes mourning the loss of JMFL then who?

Interim coach? Well it couldn't possibly be Adams (oline has regressed), Chiv (WR's have clearly regressed), Bernardi, Jeffcoat or Lindgren (widely despised), Eliot, Els or Brown (possibly incompetent). So I guess in your world we'd have Darian Hagan as the HC for the remainder of the season.

Who said anything about wanting Leavitt to take over for Mac?

What a troll. No no wait you're right, I remember the 10 win season hawkins got the Buffs to. Ohhhh wait, never mind no he didn't. Get your head out of your ass and better yet get off this board.

Who said anything about wanting Leavitt to take over for Mac?
Oh, idk about 20 to 30 posts over the last few weeks with different variations of "garsh we shoulda kept leavitt instead of Mac". Really? you've seen none of these posts?

Go re-read buffs233's post. He clearly is of the opinion that MM owes all of his success to Leavitt and Embree.

Regardless, the poster called for the immediate termination of MM. Wouldn't that necessitate a replacement? Some hot commodity such as Leavitt?

Who are your suggestions to replace MM if RG were to "immediately terminate"MacIntyre?

Last edited:
the defense has issues, both personnel and scheme. But that's the rub, those two things are intertwined. Injuries, inexperience and supsensions complicate the equation. It is on the coaches to solve that.

On the flip side, the last two drives showed the mettle of this team on offense. Putting this kind of effort and execution into every drive is on both the players and the coaches, but it gives them a template moving forward.

I'm glad/relieved with the win. OSU was sky high on emotion and we were still able to eek out a win despite our deficiencies. It sure beats losing to them.

Things I liked about yesterday:
1) The penalty aberration from the Arizona game did not spill over to the Beavers game (3 for 14 vs 12 for 110+ or whatever that disaster was)
2) No turnovers and got an interception
3) Lindsey 28-185 and 2 scores - he is 5 yards shy of 1000 for the year. The play by play guy was calling him one of the best backs in the nation. Given he pass blocks so well, I'm betting Lindsey makes an NFL squad despite his size.
4) Bryce Bobo had 9 receptions for 126 yards and 2 scores - plus the throwback TD to Montez. He has become Montez' favorite receiver, which is great because out of the WR starters, he is the only one with appropriate size for the position.
5) TE play. Yes, Bounds may not have caught a pass, but he sprung Lindsay on the first TD and was called out multiple times by the announcers for his blocking.
6) OL is clearly blocking better in the run game, which is great to see.
7) The defense kept OSU out of the end zone on 7 drives. Not saying much, but if those are TD's and not FG's, a missed FG, and an interception at mid-field, OSU wins that game going away.

I could mention the things I didn't like, but sort of feeling like that is a "no stone unturned" zone after the meltdown during and after the game on this board.

Last edited:
Things I liked about yesterday:
1) The penalty aberration from the Arizona game did not spill over to the Beavers game (3 for 14 vs 12 for 110+ or whatever that disaster was)
2) No turnovers and got an interception
3) Lindsey 28-185 and 2 scores - he is 5 yards shy of 1000 for the year. The play by play guy was calling him one of the best backs in the nation. Given he pass blocks so well, I'm betting Lindsey makes an NFL squad despite his size.
4) Bryce Bobo had 9 receptions for 126 yards and 2 scores - plus the throwback TD to Montez. He has become Montez' favorite receiver, which is great because out of the WR starters, he is the only one with appropriate size for the position.
5) TE play. Yes, Bounds may not have caught a pass, but he sprung Lindsay on the first TD and was called out multiple times by the play by play guy for his blocking.
6) OL is clearly blocking better during the run game, which is great to see.

I could mention the things I didn't like, but sort of feeling like that is a "no stone unturned" zone after the meltdown during and after the game on this board.
Bobo seems like the only receiver that gives a **** right now. I know it has been talked about way too much but shenault and Nixon need more time than fields and toss at this point.

Bobo seems like the only receiver that gives a **** right now. I know it has been talked about way too much but shenault and Nixon need more time than fields and toss at this point.
Idk about more time, but they definitely need to see they field more than they are (which isn't saying much, since I'm not sure they've gotten any offensive plays since UCLA). Nixon has yet to have a big play, but you can see the explosion. I know they pulled him in kick returns against AZ, but this game was the first game there really has been a chance to return kicks. Shenault has literally had a big play every time he's touched the ball. I don't understand why they don't try to get him the ball more.

I can’t read anymore. Team is in disarray. DC sucks. No fire. OC sucks, and has the ability to take raw athletes with tons of ability and...make them worse, year by year. Lighten has to go. Bernardi..why is he here? At all? Waste of money and recruiting space. DL coach has to go. Can’t recruit. Haven’t seen him create any monsters. Waste of money.

It’s getting comical. If Mac won’t replace half the staff after this year (and hire fast, before he is shifting through the dregs of leftovers for ‘diamond in the rough coaches’) then I’m almost at 5th year of Hawkins level disgusted. No fire to recruit. No fire in most coaches.

It’s not a recipe for success.

I can’t read anymore. Team is in disarray. DC sucks. No fire. OC sucks, and has the ability to take raw athletes with tons of ability and...make them worse, year by year. Lighten has to go. Bernardi..why is he here? At all? Waste of money and recruiting space. DL coach has to go. Can’t recruit. Haven’t seen him create any monsters. Waste of money.

It’s getting comical. If Mac won’t replace half the staff after this year (and hire fast, before he is shifting through the dregs of leftovers for ‘diamond in the rough coaches’) then I’m almost at 5th year of Hawkins level disgusted. No fire to recruit. No fire in most coaches.

It’s not a recipe for success.
Dude, lindgren did fine yesterday. We ran the ball and Montez started skipping passes to wide open receivers and there were drops. The criticism of the play calling is way over the line.

Dude, lindgren did fine yesterday. We ran the ball and Montez started skipping passes to wide open receivers and there were drops. The criticism of the play calling is way over the line.
I was just about to ask about this. I haven’t watched the game yet (my DVR never started recording) but it sounds like any offensive woes were due to Montez being Montez or our receivers dropping passes. They scored 36 points with no help from the defense, only punted 4 times, never settled for a FG in the Red Zone and didn’t turn it over, on the road. Sounds like the offense is finally at the point we all thought they’d be coming into the year.

Agreed. While I'm not a Lindgren fan, O play calling was far from our biggest problem yesterday. Some of the calls were outstanding if we just could have executed them.

Because the receiver caught the ball and maintained control. It is okay if the ball touches the ground as long as the receiver has maintained control.
But he didn’t maintain control the ball moved out of his possession and hit he ground and then he regained possession.

Yeah, not sure why people think Leavitt would have this defense playing at a higher level than Eiot.
Pac 12 rankings of team Scoring Defense (SD) and Total Defense (TD):

2014 (year before Leavitt comes to CU)
SD: 11
TD: 11

2015 (w/ Leavitt)
SD: 6
TD: 6

2016 (w/ Leavitt)
SD: 3
TD: 2

2017 (Eliot)
SD: 6
TD: 9

Oregon 2016 (year before Leavitt)
SD: 11
TD: 11

Oregon 2017 (w/ Leavitt)
SD: 9
TD: 4

So, I think Leavitt would have this defense playing at a higher level than Eliot.

Oh FFS. Dude ... seriously, get a grip.

Rewatched the game and watched PAC 12 Final Score and realized that Montez has taken his gunslinger attitude completely to the other extreme. At the start of the season, he was throwing bad interceptions and we all yelled about it. This team has not turned the ball over in the last 13 quarters! I believe that he has dedicated himself to not throwing any risky passes to the receivers in order to keep the TO to a minimum. This is the evolution of a good young QB, and since he is striving to be a good balanced QB. With Bobo being his main target, it means that Bobo with his big body is getting the most open, and is the easiest to see. Two other big guys that would make this WR crew dominant on the field would be Shenault and Winfree.

Rewatched the game and watched PAC 12 Final Score and realized that Montez has taken his gunslinger attitude completely to the other extreme. At the start of the season, he was throwing bad interceptions and we all yelled about it. This team has not turned the ball over in the last 13 quarters! I believe that he has dedicated himself to not throwing any risky passes to the receivers in order to keep the TO to a minimum. This is the evolution of a good young QB, and since he is striving to be a good balanced QB. With Bobo being his main target, it means that Bobo with his big body is getting the most open, and is the easiest to see. Two other big guys that would make this WR crew dominant on the field would be Shenault and Winfree.

Good post. It's impossible to tell from the camera angles shown on TV, but I assume Montez refuses to throw to the first option unless it's wide open. Cuts down on interceptions, but disrupts the passing game and leads to pressures and sacks. Hopefully he gets enough confidence to throw those balls soon.

Back