What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CU-UCLA Pregame/Game Thread

He's better.

Problem is that we simply don't have the talent,

And our recruiting doesn't give much hope that things will get better.
Exactly, idgaf what you run offensively or defensively, you better have the talent to do it. The talent we do have, this staff doesn't have the first damn clue how to use it.

I used to get really upset after a game like that. But last night I went to dinner with friends and saw No Time to Die and sort of forgot there was a CU game going on. Checked the score before I went to bed and it was about what I expected. It’s too bad because I loved being a fan when this team was good, but losing doesn’t bother me much anymore because this program has just about lost me.

I used to get really upset after a game like that. But last night I went to dinner with friends and saw No Time to Die and sort of forgot there was a CU game going on. Checked the score before I went to bed and it was about what I expected. It’s too bad because I loved being a fan when this team was good, but losing doesn’t bother me much anymore because this program has just about lost me.
I’m not there, yet. I did reach that point with the Broncos. IDGAF about them anymore. Haven’t watched one of their games in probably 3 or 4 years. Couldn’t name more than 5 current players on the roster. It happens.

I’m not there, yet. I did reach that point with the Broncos. IDGAF about them anymore. Haven’t watched one of their games in probably 3 or 4 years. Couldn’t name more than 5 current players on the roster. It happens.
If I’m home and a game is on, I’ll watch it but I’m no longer scheduling my saturdays around CU games. We decided not to renew our season tickets this year and I’m pretty out of the loop on recruiting (other than recognizing it’s really, really bad). Whatever, I’m just one fan and I’m far from a big money donor, but it’s a big change in the level of financial and emotional investment for me and I’m having more fun now just being a casual college football fan and catching really fun BIG10 games here and there instead.

Huh. It’s almost as though fUCLA made all the right coaching adjustments at halftime and CU didn’t make any.
I didn’t see post game presser but I’ve heard reports that when asked what went wrong in the second half, Dorrell stated he’d have to watch the film to understand. So CU didn’t make any halftime adjustments. Because they need to see film. That’s so awesome.

Great first half. Lots of Buffs fans in attendance. The Rose Bowl has a very cool vibe. UCLA fans were extremely polite and welcoming. Like we were in Canada or something. Made the pre-game tailgate where RG was watching the basketball game. He is very comfortable in his position.
As for the game, although we were up 20-10 at half, I had a horrible feeling of dread. Our defense got torched a few times and just managed to get lucky with a few penalties. Sure enough, the second half comes around and UCLA has absolutely no trouble whatsoever moving the ball at will and the offense steps on its crank. ****ing infuriating. Here’s the deal: that second half wasn’t scheme or preparation. It was UCLAs athletes imposing their will on ours. Classic case of getting out-athleted. A five year old could have called halfback runs up the middle for 8 yards. UCLA wasn’t doing anything terribly complicated. They just won. Easily. Let that sink in.

**** the bed, the offense was shut out in the second half, the defense was gassed out in the second half. No in-game answer/response from the coaching. Blew a decent lead in <15 minutes of game time. Not putting the ball in the hands of the right players at the right time. Running/power is NOT and SHOULD Not Be the identity of this team. Slow developing play pages in the playbook need to be ripped out, burned, and have salt dumped on to the ashes.

If people were wondering why Rod was kept on for so long, well the culture of uncoaching/collecting a paycheck within the coaching staff seems to not have just been limited to the OL coach.

If RG wants KD to be the guy, he needs to insert himself come ASAFP, and write/text/call KD with a sternly worded memo that he is getting PAID handsomely to perform. The OC/DC need to be addressed with an ultimatum fix/scheme better, or face termination or heavy demotion. RG needs to give KD an approved and vetted list of possible candidates, until KD proves himself worthy of this paycheck, RG should state that he will be a HC in name only, because of the piss poor contract that was doled out by RG.

Sadly, this won’t happen. RG probably feels that he needs to keep an eye on the latest hot show drop on the Nike website over growing a spine, putting a foot down and taking some leadership.

If I’m home and a game is on, I’ll watch it but I’m no longer scheduling my saturdays around CU games. We decided not to renew our season tickets this year and I’m pretty out of the loop on recruiting (other than recognizing it’s really, really bad). Whatever, I’m just one fan and I’m far from a big money donor, but it’s a big change in the level of financial and emotional investment for me and I’m having more fun now just being a casual college football fan and catching really fun BIG10 games here and there instead.
The only recruiting info I get is on here. I'm not gonna waste money with other sites for non recruiting news. **** that ****. Jesus, I feel like we are Vanderbilt.

Last edited:
Yep we are truly doomed. RG is comfortable because there is no standard or expectations. He gets his fat checks, gets to fly around the country living it up, and of course new shoes daily.
Those above him do not realize we even have a football program because they truly don't give a ****.
I would be embarrassed.
Our entire coaching staff is amature hour and looks as though the expectations are trickled down. Sadly the player do see all this (on a daily basis) so... we got lucky a few years back and before that with GB and BM.
We are going to be in suktatude until the entire athletic department is changed which will hopefully create higher expectations.

Great first half. Lots of Buffs fans in attendance. The Rose Bowl has a very cool vibe. UCLA fans were extremely polite and welcoming. Like we were in Canada or something. Made the pre-game tailgate where RG was watching the basketball game. He is very comfortable in his position.
As for the game, although we were up 20-10 at half, I had a horrible feeling of dread. Our defense got torched a few times and just managed to get lucky with a few penalties. Sure enough, the second half comes around and UCLA has absolutely no trouble whatsoever moving the ball at will and the offense steps on its crank. ****ing infuriating. Here’s the deal: that second half wasn’t scheme or preparation. It was UCLAs athletes imposing their will on ours. Classic case of getting out-athleted. A five year old could have called halfback runs up the middle for 8 yards. UCLA wasn’t doing anything terribly complicated. They just won. Easily. Let that sink in.
Their Jimmy’s were kicking our Joe’s asses.

Wake Forest enrollment approx 9000. Perrenial college football doormat. Someone there committed to building a program. SMU enrollment approx 7500. DEATH PENALTY mid eighties. Someone there committed to rebuilding a program.

CU The Major Institution in Colorado. Total suckitude. A misallocation of resources to keep many of the admins around.

Nothing will change until they are embarrassed by it, doubt we'll see that anytime soon. Until they commit to having a winning program, it'll be the same bull**** every year.

Honestly they should be embarrassed right now. They had a good number of CU fans in the stands. Lots of folks - presumably many from the local area - came to that ****show. The whole reason for the switch to the PAC 12 was to re-engage west coast alumni. They’re not engaged. They’re enraged.

We'll always have Tad Boyle and Mark Wetmore.

Post-Barnett CU football has been a tragedy of errors and/or a Grift Factory. I think RG's heart was in the right place but he threw in the towel after Mel hit the road.
He's content to fund raise and play out his contract. You've got to think that the asst coaches all have one foot out the door, as they should. Hard to tell what's going on in KD's mind.

You become what you prioritize, most often. CU puts what it feels is an acceptable level of money and attention into football and if the chips fall off the table the admin says **** it. Last night when the Buff game went started going haywire I switched over to Nevada at SDSU. I take my ycue from the CU admins. I'm not going to get all emotional about CU football. I used to, but that was some time ago.

Honestly they should be embarrassed right now. They had a good number of CU fans in the stands. Lots of folks - presumably many from the local area - came to that ****show. The whole reason for the switch to the PAC 12 was to re-engage west coast alumni. They’re not engaged. They’re enraged.
I guess being pissed off is better than my current view of pure disinterest.

I normally would have been at that game. I’ve lost hope.

I’m teetering on that edge. After last week’s entertaining game, I had the tiniest bit of hope for a decent showing against UCLA. So I tuned in. The first half was good. Offense was generally productive, defense was not great but serviceable. Hope builds just a bit, but you could tell UCLA was going to get it together at some point, so the offense would need to continue if this game was to be competitive. Second half was a train wreck. At one point, I thought UCLA might run zone read every play for the rest of the game, just for the sheer comedy of it. Luckily they chose to keep their TE entertained. Not sure I’ve ever seen a guy so open, so many times. Not like, kind of open. Like no one within 20 yards of him open. Not caring anymore would make this whole thing a lot easier.

Lewis will be a good QB
We have another loaded room of WR
We have good RB's
Russel is a solid TE
The OL surprisingly has improved a lot the last 2 games

And yet, it is obvious that Play Design, Play Calling, and Play Creativity is so abysmal that these poor kids have got no chance to be the best they can be because the offensive coaching is just so poor it is sad and amazing
I don't know which OL you watched in the 2nd half, but they sure AF didn't look improved to me

Lewis will be a good QB
We have another loaded room of WR
We have good RB's
Russel is a solid TE
The OL surprisingly has improved a lot the last 2 games

And yet, it is obvious that Play Design, Play Calling, and Play Creativity is so abysmal that these poor kids have got no chance to be the best they can be because the offensive coaching is just so poor it is sad and amazing
Lewis will be a good QB ... agree
We have another loaded room of WR ... for now, it will thin itself quite a bit in the off season
We have good RBs ... sorta, expect at least one to transfer, maybe two
Russell is a solid TE ... agree
The OL surprisingly has improved a lot the last 2 games ... kinda, they still get manhandled, like a lot

We'll always have Tad Boyle and Mark Wetmore.

Post-Barnett CU football has been a tragedy of errors and/or a Grift Factory. I think RG's heart was in the right place but he threw in the towel after Mel hit the road.
He's content to fund raise and play out his contract. You've got to think that the asst coaches all have one foot out the door, as they should. Hard to tell what's going on in KD's mind.

You become what you prioritize, most often. CU puts what it feels is an acceptable level of money and attention into football and if the chips fall off the table the admin says **** it. Last night when the Buff game went started going haywire I switched over to Nevada at SDSU. I take my ycue from the CU admins. I'm not going to get all emotional about CU football. I used to, but that was some time ago.

Our assistants have one foot out the door? Where are they going?

Wake Forest enrollment approx 9000. Perrenial college football doormat. Someone there committed to building a program. SMU enrollment approx 7500. DEATH PENALTY mid eighties. Someone there committed to rebuilding a program.

CU The Major Institution in Colorado. Total suckitude. A misallocation of resources to keep many of the admins around.
Wake hired a very smart coach who is committed to analytics and only recruiting players who fit the profiles they’ve created for each position. It’s helpful that they’re in an extremely fertile area for football talent.

the team that was more athletic, more physical, better conditioned, deeper, and better coached won last night.

these are dark days.

Back