What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CU vs TCU Pregame Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The defense seems unquestionably worse than last year.

The offense may be better, with a new OC and OL assistant, and a new QB, which could trump any losses in talent in the WR and RB room.

I think that’s your upside.

In reality, I think CU wins only one game this year.
That's what my head says. The unknown is how crap our Pac12 opponents are this year or any given week.

You were invited to back up your “guarantee”. Ball in your court.
What does that mean? You want me to bet real money with a braggadocious random message board poster? He said 75-80% winning % on betting. I know smart, successful people in that world and know that statement is ridiculous. It’s also pretty easy to look up.

What does that mean? You want me to bet real money with a braggadocious random message board poster? He said 75-80% winning % on betting. I know smart, successful people in that world and know that statement is ridiculous. It’s also pretty easy to look up.
Yeah. I want you to bet him. I’ll keep track as you suggested. 60 percent is the guarantee. Even odds. 20 games (this may take a while, I doubt he bets 20 times this year).

I’ll warm you. Dude isn’t random.

This may be the first year my expectations for the season can only go up. Usually, I am pumped for week one and the season to start, but this year is more, “meh, let’s see if it’s worth caring about.” If we get beat by 10 or more it’s going to be a high likelihood of an 0 win season. With all the realignment talk, it would be such a good thing not to totally stink it up again.

This may be the first year my expectations for the season can only go up. Usually, I am pumped for week one and the season to start, but this year is more, “meh, let’s see if it’s worth caring about.” If we get beat by 10 or more it’s going to be a high likelihood of an 0 win season. With all the realignment talk, it would be such a good thing not to totally stink it up again.
1661268647324.gif

Never thought I'd see the day when TCU was favored over CU.

Times have changed...a lot. Here's to hoping we show better than the pundits think.
A victory would be a huge way to start the season.

Not holding my breath any more. CU has become the Rockies of college football.

TCU could very well be a moral victory on this board.
Nah. The vast majority here are predicting 3 or fewer wins on the season, which includes getting beat by TCU. Many believe we'll get raced. No moral victories from that group.

Those of us who think 4+ wins are possible, particularly those of us who see a path to 6 or 7 wins, have to think one of those wins will include TCU.

Personally, I think CU wins. In Boulder, at altitude, TCU going into game one of a dramatic change in program philosophy and schematics on both sides of the ball, being installed by a middling HC.

I'm in no way very confident in this prediction, but I certainly won't view a close loss as a moral victory.

Nah. The vast majority here are predicting 3 or fewer wins on the season, which includes getting beat by TCU. Many believe we'll get raced. No moral victories from that group.

Those of us who think 4+ wins are possible, particularly those of us who see a path to 6 or 7 wins, have to think one of those wins will include TCU.

Personally, I think CU wins. In Boulder, at altitude, TCU going into game one of a dramatic change in program philosophy and schematics on both sides of the ball, being installed by a middling HC.

I'm in no way very confident in this prediction, but I certainly won't view a close loss as a moral victory.
Reading this thread the yak is getting me up for the season. I didn't think this was possible.

Yes. You said you guarantee that I can’t win 12 bets. I asked you how much it’s worth (because I have actual people who pay me for picks) and you’ve so far been silent. Considering that you don’t pony up $20 for this site, my guess is that you don’t actually have any clue what you’re talking about (or know any sharps since broke dicks don’t hang out with sharps unless you’re running their bets).

Last edited:
sad bomb GIF by Wrecked

Betting aside, TCU looks like one of the more winnable games on the schedule to me. ASU perhaps the most winnable.

When Dykes took his gunslinging offense to Cal, their only win was vs Portland State. But they also had a defense that was beyond bad.
The offense put up 30 in week 1 vs Northwestern in a loss.

At SMU, he had a better defense out of the gate and the offense was up to speed pretty quickly.

I think what I'd expect is the offense to be pretty good as it's seems simple to teach. They have 3 QBs still vying to be the starter.

Defense should be very good. They brought in the Tulsa DC who is well thought of and TCU has always been good on D. I think they transition to the new DC pretty well.

Prediction: TCU mixes it up with Jackson running some QB run option plays and Dykes spreading the ball around using 1 or more of the other QBs. I just don't have a high level of confidence in Chris Wilson to defend against college offenses. We will see. Nobody will be using the "but Nate Landman got injured" excuse anymore. I think we are pretty deep on Defense with the exception of safety and so we will see what Wilson has in game 1.

Betting aside, TCU looks like one of the more winnable games on the schedule to me. ASU perhaps the most winnable.

When Dykes took his gunslinging offense to Cal, their only win was vs Portland State. But they also had a defense that was beyond bad.
The offense put up 30 in week 1 vs Northwestern in a loss.

At SMU, he had a better defense out of the gate and the offense was up to speed pretty quickly.

I think what I'd expect is the offense to be pretty good as it's seems simple to teach. They have 3 QBs still vying to be the starter.

Defense should be very good. They brought in the Tulsa DC who is well thought of and TCU has always been good on D. I think they transition to the new DC pretty well.

Prediction: TCU mixes it up with Jackson running some QB run option plays and Dykes spreading the ball around using 1 or more of the other QBs. I just don't have a high level of confidence in Chris Wilson to defend against college offenses. We will see. Nobody will be using the "but Nate Landman got injured" excuse anymore. I think we are pretty deep on Defense with the exception of safety and so we will see what Wilson has in game 1.
CU corners, both 5’10 175-80, have 333 snaps between them. Four frosh are behind them in CB room. TCU has three receivers at least 6’4” 2+, one who will go in first round.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back