What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CU vs TCU Pregame Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here I am saying I'm not going to follow the team that hard, all the while planning a road trip so I'm in my hotel an hour before game time on Friday night.
dumb-and-dumber-jim-carrey.gif

The other way to put it is, I've felt this way about seasons before and came away surprised. It's nothing against the young men, I'm sure they are busting their ass. It's just do we have enough talent? Some guys gotta grow up quick and we can't afford anymore big injuries. You'll find out who can ball real quick.

But youā€™re broke. Unclear why you care about the line when you canā€™t afford to bet.
You think posting a few picks after bragging how good you are will ruin your career. No one else interested in this topic, so move on.
Feel free to take my CU +11 gimme.

You think posting a few picks after bragging how good you are will ruin your career. No one else interested in this topic, so move on.
Feel free to take my CU +11 gimme.
You made a guarantee and I called your bluff. Iā€™m still awaiting your offerā€¦ feel free to post that five figure guarantee whenever youā€™re ready.

Well, that is my guess for why the line is where it is. If I were Sonny, I would be looking to take advantage of that. Since he runs the Air Raid, it isn't like chucking the ball around is foreign to TCU now.

1st year offenses installations are problematic. That is about the best fact I can think of for the Buffs. Unfortunately, TCU, while somewhat down from the GP glory days, still is pretty loaded with athletes. I think the talent differential will be pretty apparent.
Donā€™t we have a new offense?

It actually doesn't take much at all to think the offense will be better with a (likely) new QB, competent playcalling and much better coaching all the way around.

I have a bet with @manhattanbuff that they'll score more points if you want in on it.
I made a ā€œtree fallsā€ analogy earlier about this. Basically we lost our best receiver, but if the offensive scheme makes it so you canā€™t even attempt to throw him the ball because your line sucks, the QB is running for his life, and the plays are all telegraphed - does it matter if heā€™s all world?
ORRRR, if your scheme allows you to throw the ball to at least a serviceable group of receivers that may get more production, wouldnā€™t that be better?

Last edited:
I just saw that the game leading up to ours next week is Western Michigan vs Michigan State.

So not only are we prolly going to get drubbed, we'll most likely have to see Mel Tucker's traitorous mug leading into our game.

Why should he tell anyone? I'm sure the team knows, at least I'd hope so. We'll see come game time.
I honestly believe he knows, but the team doesn't yet. If the team knew that sh!t would've already been leaked somewhere, somehow.

Letā€™s bet our balls. Loser has duff or Darth bite them off.
Unless you ainā€™t got any.
Well, I know you donā€™t have any. Besides, I prefer to bet with cold hard cash. I take it thatā€™s your sock account? Or, you just talking **** without the willingness to pony up?

Well, I know you donā€™t have any. Besides, I prefer to bet with cold hard cash. I take it thatā€™s your sock account? Or, you just talking **** without the willingness to pony up?
Iā€™ll throw in my minority ownership stake of Interactive Life Forms LLC.
Thatā€™s how sure I am we cover 11.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back