What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Pac 12 Championship Pregame Thread - Buffs vs Huskies

Good question. I guess I view it as even matchups on both sides of the ball. Their defense is definitely weakened by the injuries, but our offense has been pretty inconsistent down the stretch.

Special teams? I have no idea what to expect there anymore.

I think I like our defense against their offense a little more than their defense against our offense. It should be a very very even matchup though. Although Budda Baker is going to be a problem for Sefo I think.

Looks like we get the Fox #2 team again, Joe Davis and Brady ****ing Quinn.
brady-quinn-draft-o.gif

I think I like our defense against their offense a little more than their defense against our offense. It should be a very very even matchup though. Although Budda Baker is going to be a problem for Sefo I think.

I think it will be very hard for either offense to play a "clean" game with two top ten teams in takeaways. Similar to last night, both teams are going to be aggressive in trying to create turnovers.

Our offense has got to be mistake free and Sefo has to have one of the best games of his career. Piece of cake!

So, I overheard Bobo on the field last night telling a fellow student that he would return next week.
We'll see. I watched him closely during pre-game. He walked ok on the ankle but when he jogged, a noticeable limp was evident.

Last edited:
This is shaping up to be like the stanford game (baseball score). Defense and field position battle with FG tries. I hope the game is as clean penalties wise as the uu game.

Things I like about this game:
- I like being a slight underdog. I think that plays into this teams hands
- I like that it's not AT Washington
- I like that it's not Senior Day (I think that took a lot of adrenaline out of our players early...kind of like that "if you arrest 2 people, the one that falls asleep first committed the crime" deal)
- Won't be as cold which will make catching passes easier which is a HUGE part of our offense...sounds silly, but it's not. Ask Tom Brady.

Things I like about this game:
- I like being a slight underdog. I think that plays into this teams hands
- I like that it's not AT Washington
- I like that it's not Senior Day (I think that took a lot of adrenaline out of our players early...kind of like that "if you arrest 2 people, the one that falls asleep first committed the crime" deal)
- Won't be as cold which will make catching passes easier which is a HUGE part of our offense...sounds silly, but it's not. Ask Tom Brady.
Be prepared to be pissed at AFN again. Just checked the schedule and they are televising it, but about 9 hours delayed. 1400 on Saturday out here.

Ok let's discuss this match up (calling on someone smarter than me).

This will be our toughest test defensively imo. Pettis and Ross are the best WR duo in the conference if not nation. Obviously we have a huge strength at CB

I know their D is amazing but theyve had a couple key injuries there

- I like that it's not Senior Day (I think that took a lot of adrenaline out of our players early...kind of like that "if you arrest 2 people, the one that fallsasleep first committed the crime" deal)

I think the question for this game is whether or not we can get pressure on Browning. Levity and Our defensive line has got to be like

"Old Mcmanus had a farm e i e i oh...,,,,,and on this farm he sh^t some guys...,,.boom bada bing bang boom...,."

Be prepared to be pissed at AFN again. Just checked the schedule and they are televising it, but about 9 hours delayed. 1400 on Saturday out here.
Of course it is. But I was also having an internal struggle, had they shown it - I've only WATCHED 4 games this year; CSU, Michigan, USC, and UCLA (but that one was in port). I'm superstitious as a mother****er so I was debating just reading the play by play again for the sake of the team (well, except for the random 1 quarter's worth where the websites just stop updating the game).

- I like that it's not Senior Day (I think that took a lot of adrenaline out of our players early...kind of like that "if you arrest 2 people, the one that fallsasleep first committed the crime" deal)

I think the question for this game is whether or not we can get pressure on Browning. Levity and Our defensive line has got to be like

"Old Mcmanus had a farm e i e i oh...,,,,,and on this farm he sh^t some guys...,,.boom bada bing bang boom...,."
WTF? Hitting the bottle a little early?

This will be our toughest test defensively imo. Pettis and Ross are the best WR duo in the conference if not nation. Obviously we have a huge strength at CB

So is Mathis out? The thread where one of our guys tried to troll their fan site, I read on there that he would be back for this game possibly. That guy was a huge difference maker for them before he got hurt. If he's back and he's healthy, that will be problematic.

Of course it is. But I was also having an internal struggle, had they shown it - I've only WATCHED 4 games this year; CSU, Michigan, USC, and UCLA (but that one was in port). I'm superstitious as a mother****er so I was debating just reading the play by play again for the sake of the team (well, except for the random 1 quarter's worth where the websites just stop updating the game).
If you watched the CSU game, then you are jinx-free. That was a thorough ass kicking in every phase of the game. I'm almost on the other side. I've watched every game, although I only saw first half of the Michigan game, so I feel like I have to watch, for the sake of the team!

If you watched the CSU game, then you are jinx-free. That was a thorough ass kicking in every phase of the game. I'm almost on the other side. I've watched every game, although I only saw first half of the Michigan game, so I feel like I have to watch, for the sake of the team!

If you can confirm that you were in the bathroom when the USC receiver ripped the INT out of Spoon's hands, I'll pay for your cable. :D

If you can confirm that you were in the bathroom when the USC receiver ripped the INT out of Spoon's hands, I'll pay for your cable. :D
I actually missed almost all of the 1st half of that game because of wifi issues (proving once again why I need to watch the game live!). I gave it one more chance just before the 2nd half started, and it held up through the rest of the game. I did almost lose my laptop when I jumped up in excitement thinking that Spoon was going to make the INT. The 2 people in the coffee shop at the time both thought I was having a heart attack because it was very quiet in there until I yelled out, "NOOOOOO!"

I am going to cut Adoree' Jackson some slack. Did you see what he tweeted after we beat Utah?

I still think a lot of it comes down to whether our offense can make some plays and help with field position. That goes for special teams too. As good as the defense played against Utah, it sure seemed like we got killed in field position all night.

CU's gameplan against Utah was to leave the CBs and Safeties on islands and have the front 7 take care of the run. As much as I love our secondary, I'm not sure we can do that this week. I think we'll see more zone looks in coverage to keep their two receivers in check.

CU's gameplan against Utah was to leave the CBs and Safeties on islands and have the front 7 take care of the run. As much as I love our secondary, I'm not sure we can do that this week. I think we'll see more zone looks in coverage to keep their two receivers in check.
I certainly respect their receivers- and they are dynamic, but I'm not so sure I agree. The only game this season where they faced a secondary near our level was USC and they only put up 13 points. Ross still got his in that game but no one else really showed up and Browning wound up throwing two picks.

Last edited:
I certainly respect their receivers- and they are dynamic, but I'm not so sure I agree. The only game this season where they faced a secondary near our level was USC and they only put up 13 points. Ross still got his in that game but no one else really showed up and Browning wound up throwing two picks.
Montez?

USC -CU game...was that what he was talking about? Ross got his catches in but others struggled and Montez threw two picks. He types Browning but didn't think he switched back to Udub talk. Was asking if he was talking about the Montez picks in the USC game.

Back