What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Pac 12 Championship Pregame Thread - Buffs vs Huskies

I go back and forth on this game. I essentially see two very well coached teams with the Huskies getting the edge in talent. I'd give Colorado the edge in experience. Going to be a battle, that is for sure.

Wildcards, besides turnovers, are 1) trick plays (both teams have been successful this year, but Petersen is the master), and 2) Sefo bulling his way to extra first downs with his legs.

The other factor we have not really talked about much is the crowd. I am wondering how the split will look, given the CU alumni presence in the Bay area.

They have been setting up Beau Bisharat to gain some yards on those "read option plays". They can't keep putting him in there just to block for Sefo. I was able to call what the offense was going to do from the south endzone on Saturday night when they brought him in.

The other factor we have not really talked about much is the crowd. I am wondering how the split will look, given the CU alumni presence in the Bay area.
I am very curious about this as well. It would be great to see the CU alumni in California pack that place.

I am very curious about this as well. It would be great to see the CU alumni in California pack that place.
The fact that it is early on Friday and in Santa Clara will have a huge impact and will reduce the crowds unfortunately. The stadium is already a nightmare to get to and scheduling kickoff during prime Friday rush our will do a lot to discourage people from going. I know it's not what we want to hear, but it's true. I get that we want to increase exposure, but Saturday would have been a better choice.

We do have a large CU alumni base in California, but so does UW. Their website says UW has just under 30,000 alums in the Northern California.

They have been setting up Beau Bisharat to gain some yards on those "read option plays". They can't keep putting him in there just to block for Sefo. I was able to call what the offense was going to do from the south endzone on Saturday night when they brought him in.

I posted the exact same thought in the pre-Utah thread. There was a play in the Utah game where Bisharat was in and we went against trend... but I think Utah called time out before the snap. I can't remember exactly what happened, wasn't a Buff penalty because we didn't have any, but it definitely wasn't a Sefo power like every other time Beau has been in the game for the last month. Something will come of this...

So far this year, it's been all Sefo run with BB leading the way. I thought the same thing when he came in the other night except they ran an end around or fly sweep with Shay/Ross iirc. But yes, at some point they need to let the kid carry the rock, as I'm sure that will be one of UW's defensive keys.

If the secondary market is any indicator, there are a lot less tickets available on the CU side, in the first two levels anyways. But we also get screwed being on the side with all the suites, who knows how the upper levels will fill out on the other side.

@StormTrooper, you doing a "guess the attendance" for this one? last two at Levi's drew 45,618 (Oregon/Arizona) and 58,476 (USC/Stanford). Biggest attendance ever at a Pac12CCG was 69,535 (Stanford at ASU). Levi's holds 68,500 nominally.

Gawd ... I'm watching the Root replay of the whole Utah game. I am amazed at just how creepy Brady Quinn and the play-by-play guy with him looked in the pre-kickoff game intro ... *shudder*

Are these guys really going to be doing the CCG too? Horrible!

Gawd ... I'm watching the Root replay of the whole Utah game. I am amazed at just how creepy Brady Quinn and the play-by-play guy with him looked in the pre-kickoff game intro ... *shudder*

Are these guys really going to be doing the CCG too? Horrible!
It's sucks that they relegated this game to Friday night with Fox's B team while the Big 10 got Saturday with the A team. The Pac 12 needs to figure something out to stop being the red headed step child of the major conferences.

It's sucks that they relegated this game to Friday night with Fox's B team while the Big 10 got Saturday with the A team. The Pac 12 needs to figure something out to stop being the red headed step child of the major conferences.
TV announcers rarely matter a rats-ass to me, but I agree with the sentiment of better positioning the Pac for viewership.

Not a fan of playing on Friday nights in general, but since High School season is over that's mostly a "don't care" now (my second biggest hangup with Friday nights is that I still associate Friday night college football with conferences like the MAC and the WAC).

I also believe that the Pac isn't yet ready to go head to head with the SECCG and the B1GCG on Saturday night (either is the ACC, for that matter).

If the NCAA would play ball with the idea, I'd like to see the Pac12CCG on Sunday night. I'd rather go up against the NFL night game competing for TV eyeballs and would like to see the teams get a full week practice in as well. But the first Friday night in December isn't that bad of a choice.

@StormTrooper, you doing a "guess the attendance" for this one? last two at Levi's drew 45,618 (Oregon/Arizona) and 58,476 (USC/Stanford). Biggest attendance ever at a Pac12CCG was 69,535 (Stanford at ASU). Levi's holds 68,500 nominally.
I wasn't going to because I have no idea what to expect. But I guess that could be fun.

If the secondary market is any indicator, there are a lot less tickets available on the CU side, in the first two levels anyways. But we also get screwed being on the side with all the suites, who knows how the upper levels will fill out on the other side.
How many dots on our side versus their side?

Watching the replay now. Witherspoon was the guy Utah chose to pick on... and with quite a bit of success actually. It's interesting since pac I2 teams can't seem to decide who is the weak link.

Dimick annihilated Kronshage.

I said it then and I'll say it now... but where was Lindsay.

Watching the replay now. Witherspoon was the guy Utah chose to pick on... and with quite a bit of success actually. It's interesting since pac I2 teams can't seem to decide who is the weak link.

Agree. Should have tried to run. Poor decision by coaches

Agree. Should have tried to run. Poor decision by coaches
I'd have to rewatch to see the exact numbers, but they ran quite a bit of the read option early on, but Sefo just kept most of them. I'll admit that they weren't actively feeding Lindsay, but it wasn't like they ignored him all night. Utah did a good job of forcing Sefo to beat them consistently with his legs than allowing Lindsay to do it

To the bold, I didn't want to say anything negative after such a great win. But having watched that I really think Haigler needs to gain 20 lbs and Kronshage may need to slide inside to RG next season if he wants to start.

I'm not going to claim to be some match up wizard, but I did spend quite a bit of time analyzing the conference only stats.

To start with, know that we had 5 home games, UW had 4. We missed Cal and UW, UW missed UCLA and us. So in essence, we faced a solid defensive team with an okay offense (UCLA) that UW missed, and UW faced a solid offensive team with a poor defense (Cal).

The stats we interesting:
1) We both have great defenses - neck and neck in every stat
2) UW's offense was better, but not by a ton
3) Shockingly, we were better in almost every special teams stat

In short, I think one of three things happens:
1) Tight game that goes either way (both teams in the 20's in a single scoring margin final)
2) They boat race us (slowly pull away with a better offense, winning by 17-ish, in an incredibly boring nails-on-the-chalk-board-type game for Buff fans as we watch helplessly at missed opportunities on offense)
3) We do something stupid on special teams that opens up the game for them

I like our chances with #1 happening, but we will have to see how the game plays out Friday!

which side is ours?

From the Seattle times

One oddity about the Huskies’ season: They didn’t play a single game on grass during the regular season.
That will change Friday at Levi’s Stadium, the site of Super Bowl 50 earlier this year. The home of the San Francisco 49ers has notoriously had issues with its grass fieldsince it opened in 2014.
“We’re the only team in the country that hasn’t played on grass this year, I think,” Petersen said. “But the grass is good, so it’s like people talking about going to Utah and playing in the altitude. I think it’s completely overrated. As long as it’s not a muddy field, we’re good to go.”
Colorado, by the way, plays its home games on grass at Folsom Field.

Here's a reason to hate having the game in Fridays - my kid's preschool holiday show is Friday at 6.

What.the.****.

Back