What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Washington State Game Thread (10/21, 8:45 on ESPN)

As much as I hate to admit, I think our attendance has been better at night

Are you implying that you and your family never go do anything away from the house at 7 pm on a Saturday night?
(Referencing the last CU home game at night and even tacking on an extra hour to start time).

Oh I didn’t tell you why it doesn’t work for us?

That’s because it’s none of your ****ing business!

But I’ll educate your extreme ignorance. Children’s ability to stay up late is directly correlated to their age and maturity. An 8 year old is very different from an 8 month old. You also can’t just leave them home alone, like a pet. I can draw a picture if that helps.

In addition, what your spouse wants/is willing to accommodate for late night games is a very significant reality in life.

You may just figure these hard truths out someday![/QUOTE]

Thank you. Some of the people on this board act like this they have nothing else going on in their life. Good for them. Some of us have young kids who actually want to spend time with their parents. Some of us travel over 125 nights a year for work and want to spend time with their kids when theyre home and staying up until 2 am isn't helping accomplish this. Finishing at 3 am like the WSU game will be isn't conducive to getting my kids to be Buff fans as they'll never see a game. I was surprised at the ratings and glad it's helping the Buffs, but having a game finish after midnight is damn stupid. Play the ****ing games on a Saturday afternoon like they have done for the past 100 years.

200_s.gif

In jest, of course ;)

Thank you. Some of the people on this board act like this they have nothing else going on in their life. Good for them. Some of us have young kids who actually want to spend time with their parents. Some of us travel over 125 nights a year for work and want to spend time with their kids when theyre home and staying up until 2 am isn't helping accomplish this. Finishing at 3 am like the WSU game will be isn't conducive to getting my kids to be Buff fans as they'll never see a game. I was surprised at the ratings and glad it's helping the Buffs, but having a game finish after midnight is damn stupid. Play the ****ing games on a Saturday afternoon like they have done for the past 100 years.

Last edited:
Who will be in the nickle and dime packages?
Hopefully Udoffia is back this week and they have options. I'm scared of Laguda in coverage, tbh.

On a separate note, do we think Leach is going to look at the last 2 weeks of film on our defense and decide to run the ball more, or does he stick with throwing 50 times? CU defense matches up much better if they decide to throw a bunch, pass rush not withstanding.

I think it would be interesting to see Fo in the buff backer position with Worthington and Fisher at the starting safeties. Fisher is going to have play really well this weekend.

A little behind in this thread, but I’m in Florida and love the late games. Frees up my whole day and I can go out to dinner or a mellow party and then watch the game when I get home. Perfect.

I stayed up to watch the Hawaii game live as well.

Reactions: wip
I think it would be interesting to see Fo in the buff backer position with Worthington and Fisher at the starting safeties. Fisher is going to have play really well this weekend.
Interesting thought. Worthington trying to cover slot is a bad matchup as well (AZ game)

Not a good game for trying to get any edge rush going:

Pfft... I don't see TWO WSU tackles on that list. The other edge will be wide open.

And I'm also going to continue to make fun of all the people complaining about late start times. Boo ****ing hoo.

I think the best way to slow them down is a pass rush up the middle. Contain rush the edge and bring pressure into the A/B gaps. Drew Lewis, please stand up.

Supposed to rain all day and night in pullman, with wind. Have to break out the buff ponchos. Run the ball buffs.

I think the best way to slow them down is a pass rush up the middle. Contain rush the edge and bring pressure into the A/B gaps. Drew Lewis, please stand up.
We are going to need Drew Lewis in coverage the majority of the time though. There is no way we can depend on Gamboa in the open field that often.

That's asking a lot of this defense, considering they haven't proven they can do any of these things you stated.

Back