What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

OSU or Alabama for NC against LSU?

OSU or Alabama

• Total voters
I fully expect Bama to get the nod, but I don't think it is right given the facts that have been laid out in this thread

Among other reasons, having OSU in the title game would have LSU perhaps being one of the finest teams ever, assuming they would win. Sec champ. Beat big east champ on their field. Beat pac12 champ on a neutral site. And big12 champ in the mnc. Would oly miss acc and b1g champ.

Impressive.

tigers.jpg
I'm not sure LSU wins a rematch with Bama
I'm not either, but if they do it's something that will stick in Alabama's side forever like a hot knife. Their resume for the season will have to put them clearly as the best team of the BCS era. People have been saying somebody is going to beat them almost every week. First it was Oregon, then WV, a trap game at Tennessee, at Alabama, Arkansas, and Georgia - and yes, it's very very hard to beat a great team twice.

View attachment 8007
I'm not either, but if they do it's something that will stick in Alabama's side forever like a hot knife. Their resume for the season will have to put them clearly as the best team of the BCS era. People have been saying somebody is going to beat them almost every week. First it was Oregon, then WV, a trap game at Tennessee, at Alabama, Arkansas, and Georgia - and yes, it's very very hard to beat a great team twice.

That is resume is why I think think they could lose to Bama in a rematch and still be considered the best team in the country

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footba...State-That-is-the-question-?urn=ncaaf-wp11023

perfect summary of this sillyness. Let's have a plus 1.
You like Alabama? Sorry.
Oklahoma State has twice as many wins against teams ranked in the current BCS standings. It has seven wins against teams that finished with winning records; Alabama has three. OSU is second nationally in scoring, first in defensive takeaways and usually spent the fourth quarter throttling down in garbage time. Two of its three wins against top-20 opponents came by five touchdowns.
Robert Griffin
III, soon to be awarded as the best quarterback in the nation? Oklahoma State picked him off twice and led
Baylor
49-3 after three quarters. Need I mention
what happened Saturday night
against the Sooners?The Cowboys are outright conference champions against a round-robin conference schedule. The Crimson Tide missed two ranked teams in their conference and didn't even win their own division.Oh, so you like Oklahoma State now, huh? Wrong again. Alabama bludgeoned its opponents by the widest margin of victory in the nation. Its seven SEC wins came by an average of 30 points apiece. Its closest win all season was 16 points, at Penn State, and it wasn't that close. 'Bama leads the nation in total defense, scoring defense, rushing defense, passing defense, pass efficiency defense and third down defense. At 8.8 points per game, the Tide are the least scored-upon team in Division I in more than a decade.The only thing standing between Alabama and a perfect season is a three-point overtime loss to the undisputed No. 1 team that came down to field goals. Oklahoma State blew a 17-point lead to Iowa State. In late November.
You say Oklahoma State succeeded against a tougher schedule, I say Alabama has been more dominant on a more consistent basis. Let's call the whole thing off.

It's a bit late in the 2011 season to renegotiate the terms of how the two teams in the BCS national championship game are selected.

The #1 plays the #2. This has nothing to do with a playoff game or crowning of a conference champion. If the BCS says Alabama is #2, then the Tide belong there. This is the system we have. This is the system we'll honor.

That said, the fans are entitled to our opinions when it comes to our tastes and preferences in our sports entertainment diet.

When the majority of fans want Okie Lite instead of Bama, then the majority of fans are entitled to feel cheated when forced to watch a rematch.

As for me, I'd rather see LSU destroy the Oklahoma State Cowboys infront of The Boone Pickens and everyone. But I'd be content to let the BCS bylaws be executed as agreed upon this year and let the ensuing debates about the CFB post season selection process begin anew for 2012.

Last edited by a moderator:
No-there were two teams better than Michigan.

While my opinion is that Bama is better than OSU, it certainly is not a fact. The above argument and successive reasoning of Ohio State Michigan in 2006 problem is applicable only before the game. Any reasoning used after the games were played has no merit. The fact that Michigan was eliminated may have completely changed their mindset on how they approached their bowl game. I saw it with my own eyes in 2001 when CU players were out late at night in Tempe the night before their game with Oregon. In other words, CU was left out of the MNC and the players didn't give a **** about the consolation Fiesta Bowl game. They were there to party.

So..... I love the college football season only to be disappointed at the end. One of these days, the system is going to turn me off and I will only watch CU games..... That day is coming sooner after this seasons ending.

On top of my opinion and argument above....

the argument of the plane crash does not make any sense to me. Did the plane crash fuel them to jump out to the huge lead and then lead them to despair to lose the game in OT? Did the plane crash completely affect their mindset where they lost focus after the 3rd Q?

I am just saying that some people in the face of adversity, actually play better.... ie Brett Favre.

I do not know if you can use the horrible accident in this discussion....

Michigan might have a legal case if the BCS shows it bias against the SEC. They is no reason Bama should play a rematch if Michigan wasn't allowed one. Michigan had even more of a reason to play in the championship game than Alabama does.

I'd also be pissed if I was a LSu fan. What do they have to gain by playing Bama? They beat them on Bama's field. Bama also got to sit at home and watch getting an extra bye week.

Both teams had a bye week before the game. Please bring your A-game or STFAH.

The voters are fickle. The vote OSU's opponents as better in aggregate, but then put bama ahead of them. Still, it's not as ridiculous as voting BYU #1 - you know, the idotic vote that started this poor substitute for a playoff. I can live with it, just not my first choice, but I do feel for the OSU kids who earned it against better competition.

blowup.gif
charlie has got to be the most insecure 35 year old on this board.

This is obnoxious. OSU got jobbed. And the NC game went from something I would have looked forward to (LSU-OSU) to something I may not even watch. If we had a playoff, I would have no problem including Bama, but without a playoff they do not deserve this. Very NU 2001-esque.

This is obnoxious. OSU got jobbed. And the NC game went from something I would have looked forward to (LSU-OSU) to something I may not even watch. If we had a playoff, I would have no problem including Bama, but without a playoff they do not deserve this. Very NU 2001-esque.

So were you wrong or biased or did all the polls, voters, and computers get it wrong?

Also it made Okie Lite winning the Big 12 basically meaningless. I guess the only conference that carries any weight is the SEC.

Also it made Okie Lite winning the Big 12 basically meaningless. I guess the only conference that carries any weight is the SEC.

If the SEC had not curbstomped the B12 in 2009, 2008, and 2003 for the title, had a 15-6 BSC record vs a 8-10 BSC record, and never lost a BCSCG you might have a point. Remember when B12 OU was put in the BCSCG vs USC over the undefeated barn? Looks like the voters do.

Congrats Charlie your team is in the MNC. I don't agree with it but I'm happy that your team is in. I do believe if you didn't have the crimson glasses you might see it differently but if the buffs were in Bama's shoes I'd be really happy the buffs were going.

Congrats Charlie your team is in the MNC. I don't agree with it but I'm happy that your team is in. I do believe if you didn't have the crimson glasses you might see it differently but if the buffs were in Bama's shoes I'd be really happy the buffs were going.

Thanks pal. If we don't beat LSU this time they may not lose another game until 2014 or so. They are going to kill us next year.

Hoping the outcome is the same (#1 destroys back-in team) when I see the score on SC.

Back