What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other games, Championship Games weekend of 12/2-12/3

MtnBuff

Not allowed in Barzil 2
Club Member
Shortened version since most teams are done for the year other than the bowls and the Big confused who end up with what is in effect a championship game that stays in Oklahoma instead of going to the JerryDome.

Friday night in a game which no one with any sense will be watching once the PAC12 Championship starts has #17 and undefeated Western Michan playing the mighty 8-4 Ohio Bobcats

Saturday games that might impact CU include
#3 Clemson playing #23 Virginia Tech. VTU has to pull the upset for CU to have any hope of the playoffs. I'd love to see it but don't think it's happening.

#6 Wisconsin plays #7 Pedo State. Two teams ahead of CU, can they both lose? No but in typical B1G fashion they can both be incompetent on offense and boring as can be. Winner has a good chance to be the B1G participant in the Rose Bowl.

#9 Oklahoma and #10 Oklahoma State. OU fans are not entirely happy with Stoops, losing this game would make many more of them unhappy. If CU loses to UDub winner of this passes them in the final standings.

Other games of interest:
Another chance to see the continuing well deserved beating up of ****Baylor. They get a #16 West Virginia team that they put some late scores on in past years in an embarrassing fashion. This WVU team has some talent and may return the favor against a reeling Baylor team.

Closer to home 9-3 SDSU plays 8-4 Wyoming for the MWC championship. SDSU has stumbled some at the end of the season and a win in this game would top a huge turnaround for the Cowboys.

Colorado Mines bowed out of the DII playoffs last week so all the local small schools are done.

So, until a few hours ago I didn't even realize that after their loss last week, the Pokes were still hosting the MWCCG. I thought SDSU would host, but in my defense was much more focused on the CGs for three other conferences!!!!!

I'm not going to make it to any of the CCGs or Bowl games for the teams I follow, and was facing the prospect of the CU/UU game being my last attended game of the season. However, the idea of road-tripping up to the MWCCG now has me intrigued. I've been to two games at UW and had a blast both times; Wyoming fans were great, even though the crew I was with this year was wearing visiting team gear.

If anyone is interested in road tripping w/ me on Saturday, shoot me a PM. Turns out I don't have anyone in my contact list interested in this road trip on 40 hours notice.

Notes:
  • I'm willing to drive if you want to drink yourself blind. OTOH, if you have control issues w/r/t driving, I'm equally down playing the drunk passenger.
  • Tickets are in the $20 - $30 range. this will be a cheap trip. one day out and back. gas. a meal. beverages.
  • I'm not very flexible on music choice and have control issues in this department. If you like jam bands we're good and I can dial it down to classic rock without much problem. edit: bluegrass works too.
  • Weather forecast looks fantastic, for Laramie, in December.
  • Probably leave Boulder area 1 - 2PM. Game is 5:30PM. over at 9. back at car 9:30, home by 12AM.
  • After getting home, I plan to wake up the wife and then start alternate drinking coffee with TBD form of alcohol while watching the ACC game on DVR. You can join me for that too if our shared sickness runs to that level.
  • Then pass out, wake up Sunday morning and watch the B1G game.
Go Buffs! Go Hokies! Go Badgers! Go Pokes!

Last edited:
So, until a few hours ago I didn't even realize that after their loss last week, the Pokes were still hosting the MWCCG. I thought SDSU would host, but in my defense was much more focused on the CGs for three other conferences!!!!!

I'm not going to make it to any of the CCGs or Bowl games for the teams I follow, and was facing the prospect of the CU/UU game being my last attended game of the season. However, the idea of road-tripping up to the MWCCG now has me intrigued. I've been to two games at UW and had a blast both times; Wyoming fans were great, even though the crew I was with this year was wearing visiting team gear.

If anyone is interested in road tripping w/ me on Saturday, shoot me a PM. Turns out I don't have anyone in my contact list interested in this road trip on 40 hours notice.

Notes:
  • I'm willing to drive if you want to drink yourself blind. OTOH, if you have control issues w/r/t driving, I'm equally down playing the drunk passenger.
  • Tickets are in the $20 - $30 range. this will be a cheap trip. one day out and back. gas. a meal. beverages.
  • I'm not very flexible on music choice and have control issues in this department. If you like jam bands we're good and I can dial it down to classic rock without much problem.
  • Probably leave Boulder area 1 - 2PM. Game is 5:30PM. over at 9. back at car 9:30, home by 12AM.
  • After getting home, I plan to wake up the wife and then start alternate drinking coffee with TBD form of alcohol while watching the ACC game on DVR. You can join me for that too if our shared sickness runs to that level.

Damn Hokie,I'd be down,but stepdaughters high school madrigal dinner is happening this weekend. I bailed on the Friday performance,for obvious reasons,so Saturday is my only shot at redemption. If you go,have fun and Go Pokes!

Notes:
  • I'm not very flexible on music choice and have control issues in this department. If you like jam bands we're good and I can dial it down to classic rock without much problem.
If I'm reading this correctly the whole thing correctly, there's a three way at the end. Throw in breakfast, and I'm in! So to speak.

So, I'm concluding that in addition to the Buffs, I'm rooting for Wisconsin and Va Tech to win this weekend. Make it so!

I think if Wisconsin wins, it opens the door up for only one B1G team to be included in the CFP.

If tomorrow weren't already booked solid, I'd be up for that trip to Laramie. That will be a great game. Bohl has the Pokes playing at a high level. Still surprised his name hasn't popped up for one of the coaching vacancies. He's come a long way since orchestrating the defense that gave up 62-36.

Ohio Bobcats football with another turnover where have I read that before.

Anthony Perkins is their DBs coach.

Florida will have trouble scoring in the SECCG tomorrow. Their best chance for a TD is probably on special teams or a defensive score.

@hokiehead, I came into some ACC champ game tickets and I will sit on the VPI side in full Buff regalia tomorrow night rooting for your Maroon and Orange Birds.
Sucks they moved this game. Clemson/VT would've been packed in Charlotte, but glad you're going!
A few tips for fitting in with the Hokie crowd:
1. Enter the Sandman. I think you and I are close in age. perfectly acceptable to stand and nod your head in tune, instead of jumping.
2. Avoid the Hokie Pokie after the third quarter by going to the bathroom.
3. stand and scream on every defensive 3rd down (VT fans think they started the key jingling), every punt defense and every FG defense.

Have a blast man! Go Buffs, go Hokies!!!!

Sucks they moved this game. Clemson/VT would've been packed in Charlotte, but glad you're going!
1. Enter the Sandman. I think you and I are close in age. perfectly acceptable to stand and nod your head in tune, instead of jumping.
3. stand and scream on every defensive 3rd down (VT fans think they started the key jingling), every punt defense and every FG defense.

Yea, I hate HB2, but I wish they had kept the game there...I was looking forward to another sellout in Charlotte. Last year when we played UNC, the crowd was decidedly in Clemson's favor, but I think it would have been about 50/50 for this game. The Hokies are a heck of a fanbase. Obviously I'll be rooting for my Tigers but hopefully both our teams walk away without injury tomorrow. Best of luck.

Yea, I happened to catch a few minutes of sports talk on Charlotte radio this afternoon and they were lamenting the fact that this game wasn't here and how huge it would have been for the city with these 2 great fanbases and each school only about 2 hours from Charlotte. It is the ACC's dream matchup when the game is played in Charlotte.

Yea, I happened to catch a few minutes of sports talk on Charlotte radio this afternoon and they were lamenting the fact that this game wasn't here and how huge it would have been for the city with these 2 great fanbases and each school only about 2 hours from Charlotte. It is the ACC's dream matchup when the game is played in Charlotte.
Not to mention that the law was created because Charlotte had written a law to protect LGBT rights...and now the place getting hurt most is Charlotte.

Yea, I hate HB2, but I wish they had kept the game there...I was looking forward to another sellout in Charlotte. Last year when we played UNC, the crowd was decidedly in Clemson's favor, but I think it would have been about 50/50 for this game. The Hokies are a heck of a fanbase. Obviously I'll be rooting for my Tigers but hopefully both our teams walk away without injury tomorrow. Best of luck.
I've tried and I can't hate Clemson. southern engineering school with a nice campus, isolated from urban areas -- too much like VT.

Here's to a well played, ref-neutral, injury free game. Go Hokies, go Buffs!!!

I've tried and I can't hate Clemson. southern engineering school with a nice campus, isolated from urban areas -- too much like VT.

Here's to a well played, ref-neutral, injury free game. Go Hokies, go Buffs!!!
Haha same here! It's very easy to like VTech...I've got a couple of close friends who are Hoos who have tried their damnedest to get me to hate the Hokies, but I just can't help but like the program.

Not to mention that the law was created because Charlotte had written a law to protect LGBT rights...and now the place getting hurt most is Charlotte.

Yea the irony is that if Charlotte had never passed that law then HB2 never would've come about. This whole thing is just a pissing contest between Charlotte and Raleigh.

I have no hate for Clemson. I've rooted for the Tigers going back to the 81 Orange Bowl--**** Nebraska!

this is purely for the Buffs benefit if Clemson loses.

Navy needs to lose before they **** up the bowl season.

Getting your wish so far ... Temple up 21-3 with 5 to go in the 2nd.

And the dirt burglars up on okie lite 7-3 at start of the 2nd.

So fvcking stoked!!!! over last night.

Go Hokies!!!!!

And **** 'em Bucky.

Cheese & rice, but living in the MTZ fits big TV sports events well with my lifestyle.

Pacing self.

fvcking love you, all you Buffs fans -- so much to look forward to. I'll sober up tomorrow and read analyses if the PacCG and get pissed again then. but for, I'm dancing the Hokie Pokie.

So fvcking stoked!!!! over last night.
Go Hokies!!!!!
And **** 'em Bucky.
Cheese & rice, but living in the MTZ fits big TV sports events well with my lifestyle.
Pacing self.
fvcking love you, all you Buffs fans -- so much to look forward to. I'll sober up tomorrow and read analyses if the PacCG and get pissed again then. but for, I'm dancing the Hokie Pokie.

Uh ... apparently not very successfully. :D

Sooners out to a 2 TD lead, Okie Lite answers with a long pass but still a long way to the end zone. A stop and a score and the Dirt Burglars could put this away.

Temple sinking Navy.

Meaningless game but the LA Tech- Western Kentucky game is a shootout 48-44 WKU but seems like neither team can stop the other so it will probably end up at well over 100 points total. Can each score 60?

Back