What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other games thread

UVA got the win in Blacksburg tonight. VT fans showed their typical class by throwing **** at the UVA bench. Hoos are now 21-6 (8-5) and are in good shape to be the 4th seed for the ACC tourney. I wouldn't say they're guaranteed a bid just yet, but they're awfully close. UNC visits on Saturday, looking forward to attending.

CSU beat UNM last night to really help their tourny chances.

Not surprisingly, only 4k showed up to Moby last night for one of their biggest games in a decade.

Now, considering Moby is on-campus right smack in the middle of everything, why isn't it magically drawling like 50k? :lol:

CSU will need to go 2-1 in their final 3 to be in good shape. That's not going to be easy considering they face UNLV at home, and have to travel to San Diego State and Air Force.

Not surprisingly, only 4k showed up to Moby last night for one of their biggest games in a decade.

Now, considering Moby is on-campus right smack in the middle of everything, why isn't it magically drawling like 50k? :lol:

CSU will need to go 2-1 in their final 3 to be in good shape. That's not going to be easy considering they face UNLV at home, and have to travel to San Diego State and Air Force.

For real? The announcers kept saying what an electric atmosphere it was in that arena last night.

For real? The announcers kept saying what an electric atmosphere it was in that arena last night.

It was on THE MTN! That's like watching one of the political networks and expecting it to not be biased.

Or in HD.

God I hate that network.

They also mentioned them packing the house while the camera was panning across a swath of empty seats. Mountain West announcers selling a dream.

Maybe they should build a new, 15,000 seat bball arena; that'll get fans up to the fort.

Yup, here's the box score linked below. They should be embarrassed. Considering New Mexico has some real basketball diehards, that number probably got a nice boost from the Lobo fans as well. Maybe they can really spread the word and get over the 4,500 mark for the UNLV game. Considering Moby is right in the middle of everything, it completely debunks this fantasy of an on-campus football stadium suddenly drawing 50k (or even 25k, for that matter)

http://espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=320520036

That looks like a 1-2 at best. Not out of the question for them to end the season on an 0-3 run.

Before anyone complains about Pac officials again you need to watch an ACC game that involves the tar holes. What a god damm joke today's game was. Scott unquestionably had a bad game but he was in foul trouble all game on some very questionable calls. Granted he pushed off a little on his 2nd foul but you would think that Henson was hit by a truck by the way he flopped. I have no clue what Scott did on his 3rd foul, unless guarding a player is a foul, and on his 4th foul Henson should've gotten an Academy award. Then on Mitchell's 4th foul they didn't call the shooting foul until the ball had been rebounded -WTF???

Aside from the officiating, UVA went ice cold from 3-point range in the 2nd half and got dominated on the boards. Harris' block on the Barnes shot late in the first half was sweet. And Evans is quick!

For all the trendfollowers who think the tar holes are gonna make the Final Four, they barely beat a team whose star player had a terrible game today and the Cavaliers couldn't hit a shot to save their lives in the 2nd half. Not to mention the officiating. The more accurate description is they're a team that will go down in the round of 32 or the Sweet 16.

CVille, I'm looking forward to your report on this game since you were there.

Last edited:
Holy crap. Just checked the box score and attendance was 4,444. Moby holds 8,745.

Now I just feel sad for them.

EDIT - And CVille beat me to it.

No mention of this in the article in the Post about increasing attendance for college BB in Colorado. They do talk about CU averaging 7,588 this year not counting today's sell out compared to 3,324 five years ago. They also talk about the C-Unit. CSU averaging 5,513 this year, DU averaging 5,572 in compared to 1,472 five years ago. Interesting that DU is outdrawing CSU.

No mention of this in the article in the Post about increasing attendance for college BB in Colorado. They do talk about CU averaging 7,588 this year not counting today's sell out compared to 3,324 five years ago. They also talk about the C-Unit. CSU averaging 5,513 this year, DU averaging 5,572 in compared to 1,472 five years ago. Interesting that DU is outdrawing CSU.
I'm pictured there FWIW...again.

Before anyone complains about Pac officials again you need to watch an ACC game that involves the tar holes. What a god damm joke today's game was. Scott unquestionably had a bad game but he was in foul trouble all game on some very questionable calls. Granted he pushed off a little on his 2nd foul but you would think that Henson was hit by a truck by the way he flopped. I have no clue what Scott did on his 3rd foul, unless guarding a player is a foul, and on his 4th foul Henson should've gotten an Academy award. Then on Mitchell's 4th foul they didn't call the shooting foul until the ball had been rebounded -WTF???

Aside from the officiating, UVA went ice cold from 3-point range in the 2nd half and got dominated on the boards. Harris' block on the Barnes shot late in the first half was sweet. And Evans is quick!

For all the trendfollowers who think the tar holes are gonna make the Final Four, they barely beat a team whose star player had a terrible game today and the Cavaliers couldn't hit a shot to save their lives in the 2nd half. Not to mention the officiating. The more accurate description is they're a team that will go down in the round of 32 or the Sweet 16.

CVille, I'm looking forward to your report on this game since you were there.

I've seen many teams get robbed in favor of UNC over the years, but this game today was one for the ages. I'm literally at a loss for words right now at what I just witnessed. Henson makes me sick - can't wait for someone to wipe that ****-eating grin off his face come March. Evans is really stepping up -- he was way too quick for Kendall Marshall and it showed. Those blocks by Joe Harris were even more epic considering he did them with his broken left hand. I'm just dumbfounded by the officiating - the first half was atrocious enough, but the second half when it was 6 fouls to 0 and Roy Williams has the nerve to then start screaming at the officials? Are you kidding???

You could tell watching on TV that the crowd was really getting pissed. Harris had a block in the first half and crybaby jumped off the bench whining for a goaltending call. Then Scott hit a jumper on the other end and the look on crybaby's face was priceless. :lol:

UNM goes down to TCU, their 2nd straight loss. They should be OK though with 2 home games against AF and Boise to close out the season.

NC State probably played themselves out today by losing at Clemson. UVA may have work left to do due to having lost 3 of their last 5 and a weak non-conference schedule.

I've seen many teams get robbed in favor of UNC over the years, but this game today was one for the ages. I'm literally at a loss for words right now at what I just witnessed. Henson makes me sick - can't wait for someone to wipe that ****-eating grin off his face come March. Evans is really stepping up -- he was way too quick for Kendall Marshall and it showed. Those blocks by Joe Harris were even more epic considering he did them with his broken left hand. I'm just dumbfounded by the officiating - the first half was atrocious enough, but the second half when it was 6 fouls to 0 and Roy Williams has the nerve to then start screaming at the officials? Are you kidding???

This ... THIS is why I have hated the ****heels since I can remember. Floppers ... whiners ... and the favorite sons of the ACC (and their refs) along with Duke. There are truly few college teams that I absolutley hate with a passion ... and UNC is one of them.

Okay, so the huge question of the day is ..........

Did Roy Williams learn to whine at unc or at kanzazz???

Really. Inquiring minds wanna know.

UNM goes down to TCU, their 2nd straight loss. They should be OK though with 2 home games against AF and Boise to close out the season.

Combined with CSEwe losing to SDSU tonight, TCU climbs past the Lambs into 4th in the MWC @ 7-5, 1 game behind UNLV, SDSU and UNM. CSEwe now 6-6 and in 5th. It's gonna be interesting to see if their inflated RPI will be enough to get them into the tourney if the finish 5th and .500 in the league.

Combined with CSEwe losing to SDSU tonight, TCU climbs past the Lambs into 4th in the MWC @ 7-5, 1 game behind UNLV, SDSU and UNM. CSEwe now 6-6 and in 5th. It's gonna be interesting to see if their inflated RPI will be enough to get them into the tourney if the finish 5th and .500 in the league.

espin so-called "experts" don't think so. They say the lambskins are on the outside looking in.

Duke got killed at home.
ISU beat Baylor
And a good game between KU and UTerus but UTerus is about out of big men.

Back