What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other games thread

Got the win in College Park to lock up the 4 seed for the ACC Tourney

Yea I saw they got the win in OT. That should save their bid, if it wasn't safe already. The ACC really needs someone other than Duke or UNC to step up in both the conference and NCAA tournaments, hopefully UVA can fill that void.

Yea I saw they got the win in OT. That should save their bid, if it wasn't safe already. The ACC really needs someone other than Duke or UNC to step up in both the conference and NCAA tournaments, hopefully UVA can fill that void.

Hopefully this road win today gives them some confidence heading into the tournaments. They've been right there all season, whether it's losing @ Duke by 3, UNC by 3, and to FSU by 3 twice. Holding UNC to 54 last week was downright impressive - I have a feeling they're going to give one of the "favorites" fits in the Second Round of the Big Dance. It's hard to prepare for a defense of that caliber if you haven't encountered it all season. Should be an entertaining ACC Tournament, would be refreshing to see FSU or UVA step up..

Hopefully this road win today gives them some confidence heading into the tournaments. They've been right there all season, whether it's losing @ Duke by 3, UNC by 3, and to FSU by 3 twice. Holding UNC to 54 last week was downright impressive - I have a feeling they're going to give one of the "favorites" fits in the Second Round of the Big Dance. It's hard to prepare for a defense of that caliber if you haven't encountered it all season. Should be an entertaining ACC Tournament, would be refreshing to see FSU or UVA step up..

UVA should get a 5 or 6 seed at worst so they won't be much if any of an underdog in the 2nd round.

If the Lunardi's of the world are right, they're looking at 8ish unless they make a bit of a run in the ACC Tourney. Seems a little low, I know..

I didn't realize he had them that low. He has them as a 9 as of today, and we all know that an 8/9 seed is a terrible draw. I guess that weak non-conference schedule is biting them. :huh:

I didn't realize he had them that low. He has them as a 9 as of today, and we all know that an 8/9 seed is a terrible draw. I guess that weak non-conference schedule is biting them. :huh:

It wasn't particularly strong, but wins over Michigan, @ Oregon, @ LSU, George Mason aren't bad feathers to have in your cap OOC. But yeah, I'd just assume fall to a 10 or 11 seed (unlikely) if they can't get it up to 6 or 7. Anything but 8/9...

ASsU knocks off U of A in Tempe today. U of A still the #4 seed in the Pac-12 tourney, but they just made it a bit tougher for the Pac to make a case for 3 bids...

It wasn't particularly strong, but wins over Michigan, @ Oregon, @ LSU, George Mason aren't bad feathers to have in your cap OOC. But yeah, I'd just assume fall to a 10 or 11 seed (unlikely) if they can't get it up to 6 or 7. Anything but 8/9...

It's not as weak as I thought it was, they should at least get a 7-seed if they don't lose their first game in the conference tourney, which would mean a 2nd round game against someone like a Missouri, Michigan state, Ohio State, or Marquette.

15-18 Western Kentucky wins the Sun Belt tournament and thus gets the automatic bid to the Big Dance. Entered Sun Belt tournament 11-18. Ridiculous.

15-18 Western Kentucky wins the Sun Belt tournament and thus gets the automatic bid to the Big Dance. Entered Sun Belt tournament 11-18. Ridiculous.

That's why I don't like conference tournaments deciding the automatic bid. You can get a team who had a bad year end up getting a bid just because they got hot over 3 or 4 days at the right time. That's great for WKU, but they simply don't deserve a bid just because they won a 4-day tournament. Meanwhile you get teams in these smaller conferences that had a great year but will get left out just because they lost in their conference tournament. Middle Tennessee (25-6, 14-2) will likely be one of those teams this year.

That's why I don't like conference tournaments deciding the automatic bid. You can get a team who had a bad year end up getting a bid just because they got hot over 3 or 4 days at the right time. That's great for WKU, but they simply don't deserve a bid just because they won a 4-day tournament. Meanwhile you get teams in these smaller conferences that had a great year but will get left out just because they lost in their conference tournament. Middle Tennessee (25-6, 14-2) will likely be one of those teams this year.

Couldn't agree more. Conference tournaments are fun and it's hard to not get caught up in the drama they provide, but I almost wish they'd go back to regular season champs deciding the bid. The Pac had it right until 2002. A team well below .500 like WKU doesn't belong in the Big Dance, no matter how you slice it.

Wake loses by 22 to Maryland in the first round of the ACC tournament.
Syracuse comes back from 8 down in the 2nd half and holds off UConn in the Big East quarters.

And the countdown to Bz being fired starts... now

It started the second he got hired. Wake fans were highly skeptical of it then "a losing coach from Colorado??!?!", and beyond furious now. However, I still think he'll get one more year.

CSU crushing TCU so far - they look to be in the drivers seat for a tourny spot.

A few weeks ago it made me crazy mad to think of them in the Tournament - cause their fans are ****ing assholes.... however, they've taken care of business since then and really look like they deserve a shot.

CSU crushing TCU so far - they look to be in the drivers seat for a tourny spot.

A few weeks ago it made me crazy mad to think of them in the Tournament - cause their fans are ****ing assholes.... however, they've taken care of business since then and really look like they deserve a shot.

17 minutes to go and up by 19. Really is unbelievable what Miles has done with this undersized squad this season. I think this was the game we needed to cement the at-large spot.

Northwestern just lost to Minnesota in OT. That likely kills Northwestern's chances of a first-ever NCAA tournament berth.

17 minutes to go and up by 19. Really is unbelievable what Miles has done with this undersized squad this season. I think this was the game we needed to cement the at-large spot.

CSU Finished it off with a 21 point spread. Rams got hot and ended up with 6 players in double figures. That SDSU v. CSU game tomorrow looks really interesting right now especially after watching SDSU struggle against Boise State today.

I would love to see CU continue the streak tonight. When was the last time both CU and CSU have made the dance at the same time?

Last edited:
CSU Finished it off with a 21 point spread. Rams got hot and ended up with 6 players in double figures. That SDSU v. CSU game tomorrow looks really interesting right now especially after watching SDSU struggle against Boise State today.

I would love to see CU continue the streak tonight. When was the last time both of Colorado's state universities have made the dance at the same time?

Possibly never?

Heard some discussion that Washington's loss to Oregon State hurts their NCAA chances....don't understand that one...seemed to imply Pac 12 a one bid league

Heard some discussion that Washington's loss to Oregon State hurts their NCAA chances....don't understand that one...seemed to imply Pac 12 a one bid league

About the only thing Washington has going for them is winning the Pac regular season title, but with the Pac having such a down year I doubt that will count for much. Outside of that their resume is very unimpressive.

I don't see how CSU gets left out at this point.

About the only thing Washington has going for them is winning the Pac regular season title, but with the Pac having such a down year I doubt that will count for much. Outside of that their resume is very unimpressive.

I don't see how CSU gets left out at this point.

I think I read that UW's best OOC win was Long Beach St? That could be a big negative.

CSU looks like its in. Beat SDSU and I think they could get 10 seed.

You can argue comparative quality all you want and the MWC has a good argument this year. That all said the NCAA is nothing if not political and money driven. The PAC is the ratings generator for the Pacific time zone and dominant in the Mountain time zone. I would be shocked if the PAC doesn't get at least two bids and not at all surprised if the PAC gets three.

You can argue comparative quality all you want and the MWC has a good argument this year. That all said the NCAA is nothing if not political and money driven. The PAC is the ratings generator for the Pacific time zone and dominant in the Mountain time zone. I would be shocked if the PAC doesn't get at least two bids and not at all surprised if the PAC gets three.

If Cal wins the conference tournament and Oregon loses to us tonight it's quite possible the Pac could be a 1-bid league. They would get 2 teams in at most under this scenario (UW and Cal).

Just heard Lunardi say that over the past 9 years no team that has won the regular season title in a top 10 conference has been left out. He also said that he has never found an instance of a regular season champ of a power conference (the big 6) not getting a bid. So history is on UW's side, for what that's worth.

Congrats, your team has earned it, especially with how small your line-up is. Having said all that, your fans suck.

i think Miller is a good coach.

i think Lunardi is a highly paid cretin.

I think Jeff Bzdelik was not a good hire by CU....and while one of my good friends went to Wake....good school...but he was a bad hire for them too.

Back