What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other games weekend of 9/14-9/16

MtnBuff

Not allowed in Barzil 2
Club Member
After the first week I didn’t hold out much hope for last week being a match for it.

How wrong could I be.

Normally we are happy to see certain teams lose just on general principle. Last week a whole bunch of those teams lost. Ohio State, Baylor, Nebraska, Notre Dame and more managed to lose.

Thursday game is New Mexico visiting Boise. Boise is going to have to turn around quickly after losing a heartbreaker at Washington State last week.

Friday has 2-0 Illinois visiting (22) South Florida. Also on Friday 1-1 Arizona visits 0-2 UTEP. UTEP is bad but beating a P5 team would make their year, and make things very fun surrounding the RichRod speculation.

This week doesn’t have a lot of top 25 match-ups.

The big one this week is (3) Clemson going to (14) Louisville. Other than this game, Florida State and Virginia Tech there isn’t much standing in the way of Clemson going back to the playoff.

The only other match of top 25 teams should create a spot for CU to work towards. Coach “Food Cart” Jones takes his (23)Tennessee Vols to (24) Florida. Tennessee has been less than impressive but is 2-0.

No offense Florida but Florida is a team with no offense. This is one game that even a gambling addict should stay away from, the teams are just too flaky.

Other than that most of the top 25 teams are preparing for their regular seasons by scheduling
teams that resemble tackling dummies for a scrimmage they can sell tickets to.

(2) Oklahoma plays mighty Tulane, (8) Ohio State plays Army, (5) Pedo State host powerful Georgia State,

In the PAC12 (23) Washington State isn’t supposed to have walk over, instead starting their conference schedule. Oregon State though is a punching bag this year so they get an easy one.

Other PAC teams with at least solid opponents include (6) USC preparing to extend Texas suffering. (8) Washington prepares for our Buffs by hosting Fresno State.

Our local teams are getting in on the fun.

Air Force gets to go to (7) Michigan. Colorado State (who has some fans that actually believe they might win) gets to collect a bunch of bruises and a check while getting run over by (1) Alabama. Wyoming gets to host the 2-0 Oregon Ducks.

With the smaller schools we have Northern Colorado visiting our Buffs.

Colorado Mesa would have Junction excited getting off to a 2-0 start. They host Colorado Mines who won 70-0 last week against Highlands.

CSU – Pueblo has a huge game travelling to South Dakota Mines which is the other remaining team (along with Pueblo and Mesa) undefeated in RMAC Play.

Oregon faces their first test, will be interesting for sure. The line is 13.5 but they've gone from playing an FCS team in week 1 to a bottom 10 defense in week 2, to playing against a top 15 defense this week.

I think Florida sucks but I actually like them to cover 5.5 against Tennessee because the Vols suck too lol.

If Louisville can minimize their penalties for once, I kind of like them to get some OU/tOSU type revenge on Clemson. Clemson is obviously the better team but I feel this game will be weird and Lamar Jackson puts the team on his back.

Left out the games we'd like to see teams lose in.

Baylor, already 0-2 goes to a Duke team that beat a decent Northwestern team last week 41-17. The sad green going 0-3 should put a smile on faces.

Nebraska is home against Northern Illinois. In past years the idea of a MAC team going into Stinkoln and winning would be ridiculous. This isn't the same fuskers team. They got dominated at times last week at Oregon. Northern Illinois almost beat Boston College. If the fuskers have a hangover from last week they could get beat again.

Notre Dame visits Boston College and BYU is likely to get kicked hard by a 2-0 Wisconsin team.

Just noticed Baylor lost to UTSA. I called that one! Might get clocked by 50?

UCLA vs Memphis can be interesting. I feel Mora finally got an OC hire right. Not a believer in his ability to motivate and thus suspect a powder blue egg is about to be laid.

Just noticed Baylor lost to UTSA. I called that one! Might get clocked by 50?

UCLA vs Memphis can be interesting. I feel Mora finally got an OC hire right. Not a believer in his ability to motivate and thus suspect a powder blue egg is about to be laid.
Memphis hasn't looked quite as sharp as I thought they would yet. It might be the loss of Chip Long. Either way I would be surprised if that game wasn't close.

Much weaker lineup this week. I'll be watching our game in the morning then attending Cal vs Ole Miss that night.

This is one of the more intriguing games this weekend. Memphis is a pretty talented team that's had this game circled on their schedule not only because it's a rematch of a 2014 game in Pasadena that they had a chance to win but also it's the only Power 5 team they play this year and they are fighting for respect like most G5 teams.
Their starting QB is Riley Ferguson who despite a poor performance in pouring rain in week 1, is one of the more under-rated QB's in the nation. He was a high profile recruit that went to Tennessee and then transferred to Memphis. They also have 2 crazy talented RB's Henderson & Taylor.

For Colorado, we want UCLA to win for Pac 12 strength but if they lose then it helps our chances for getting game day for UW. Do you guys root for the Pac 12 in ALL OOC games?

Right now I'm rooting for all Pac in the non-con. I think a strong conference is good for CU and it's something we need ahead of our next conference media deal.

At least that's what I write and what I tell myself. When I'm actually watching the games, I often find myself celebrating when bad things happen and our conference mates look like ass.

Right now I'm rooting for all Pac in the non-con. I think a strong conference is good for CU and it's something we need ahead of our next conference media deal.

At least that's what I write and what I tell myself. When I'm actually watching the games, I often find myself celebrating when bad things happen and our conference mates look like ass.
doesn't help that UCLA are a bunch of undisciplined spoiled punks.

doesn't help that UCLA are a bunch of undisciplined spoiled punks.
It's funny, never gave two craps about UCLA when I lived in LA for 5 years. Their dirty play, annual under achievement, and Mora being a douche makes me hate them now with less exposure.

I also hate Oregon and laugh at ASU. I generally am surprised that Stanford keeps winning - same with Utah.

USC is an enigma for me. I worked on my MBA there. Alums and peers were great. They worked pretty hard to make us a part of the Borg, but I just couldn't do it. Anytime I thought about going along with the ride and seeing if I could care, I felt like I was cheating on CU. I generally root against total front runners, but I can't do that either with USC. If the Trojans become the last thing standing between CU and greatness, this will change.

The rest are just teams that have yet to figure out CU's rightful place as a respected program. They are beginning to get that message.

Last edited:
I root for Cal in all games besides when they play CU, of course. Generally I root for the PAC, so will pull for UCLA in this one. I won't be heartbroken if Memphis pulls it off though; home underdog stories are fun in college football.

I root for PAC more than most, i think because my SEC hate is more than most (was fine with SEC when it was just a conference). Having said that, I'm never sad when USC loses.

Brian Christopherson, another Nebraska writer, tweeted that Riley listed Bradley, Jaimes, and Sichterman as the players affected. All true freshman, I imagine there's one or two more who he's intentionally leaving out.

They'll also be without their best RB (which is significant because #2 severely struggles in pass protection) and their starting safety. I imagine they will still win but we will see.

Don't know why, but New Mexico always seems to play Boise State tough. Good game in Boise heading into half.

Boise State leads 14-7 at the half after a miss from 53 yards by UNM on the final play.

Awful targeting hit knocked out UNM's QB at the start of that drive. Clear penalty (it was called and the player ejected), but that doesn't help when UNM now has their 3rd string QB in the game (2nd string is out with a concussion from last week).

Next guy up is a receiver.

Awful targeting hit knocked out UNM's QB at the start of that drive. Clear penalty (it was called and the player ejected), but that doesn't help when UNM now has their 3rd string QB in the game (2nd string is out with a concussion from last week).

Since they run the option and throw very little I guess they can absorb an injury or two there more so than 90% of teams.

Don't know why, but New Mexico always seems to play Boise State tough. Good game in Boise heading into half.

Boise State leads 14-7 at the half after a miss from 53 yards by UNM on the final play.
I love the shotgun option Bob Davie has introduced there. So smart at a School like New Mexico

Last edited:

That defensive end should be suspended for 3-4 games for that hit. Total bullsh@t. He knew exactly what he was doing.

That defensive end should be suspended for 3-4 games for that hit. Total bullsh@t. He knew exactly what he was doing.
I don't think it was conscious deliberate decision. I think it was 10-15 years of incorrectly coached technique that has become ingrained habit.

A lot of these players can't help but lower their heads when they make a hit. It's a systemic problem that needs hours of practicing from pee-wee ball all the way to and through the no fun league.

Back