What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac 12 network / direct tv (PACN now on fuboTV streaming)

How awesome it would be if they went back to the contract with AT&T and saw the line that says "AT&T and its affiliates). That would be a slam dunk as there would be no negotiation needed. Of course I am dreaming here and there is no way that would have happened or we would have known by now.

And to think, I could have switched three years ago and seen those two conference wins...

Seriously though, I think this is great news. Go Buffs!

Lydia Murphy-Stephans is President of the Pac-12 Network.

"But president Lydia Murphy-Stephans said on Friday that the network brass was "looking forward to strengthening and expanding our partnership so that Pac-12 fans don't miss any of what's bound to be a thrilling football season."

For what it's worth...

http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/or...f/2015/08/canzano_us_senators_join_pac-1.html

"Beyond the burden and frustration placed on fans in our states who are not able to watch their favorite teams compete, we are also increasingly concerned about the potential long-term damage to our states' flagship universities, which count on the Pac-12 Networks to promote the university, its student-athletes and its athletics programs."

Everything I read implies that att will try to get a lower carriage price for Direct TV which would result in having to lower the price for all the other carriers. ATT has a sponsorship and equipment deal with the pac 12 in addition to a distribution deal. I have no idea of the money involved or the details of the sponsorship and equipment part of the agreement but could this be an area where the pac12 could give concessions to att in order to get full price for the distribution on direct tv? If so this could result in not having to lower the price for all the rest of the carriers. Just thinking.

Last edited:
Finally go to the end of my DTV contract last week and made the switch back to Comcast. Too late, ****ers.

Once again this is not a problem with households, there are only 4 million DirectTV viewers in the Pac-12 footprint according to that article. This is all about bars and restaurants.

Once again this is not a problem with households, there are only 4 million DirectTV viewers in the Pac-12 footprint according to that article. This is all about bars and restaurants.

Agreed, and it's about getting on a national platform - which can only help with recruiting as well as engaging or re-engaging fans/alums east of Denver.

It will be great to reach them this year......at the right price.

DTV hasn't lost a lot of bars/restaurants, but I can tell you for a fact that Dish and/or Cable has picked up a lot of bars & restaurants that they didn't have before. It's common for a lot of these places to offer both Sunday Ticket and P12 net. Can't do that with only one provider.

DTV hasn't lost a lot of bars/restaurants, but I can tell you for a fact that Dish and/or Cable has picked up a lot of bars & restaurants that they didn't have before. It's common for a lot of these places to offer both Sunday Ticket and P12 net. Can't do that with only one provider.

Yeah and that really surprised me considering how expensive it is for bars to get service. Good for Pac-12 though. The first year was awful in terms of the number of places that had cable but it has consistently gone up each year. Another thing that could help is that I have been in bars before when huge thunder storms roll though (maybe this is more of a Denver specific thing that the Pac-12 footprint) and it knows the satellite out completely. I know for a fact the manager of the BWW in park meadows was not happy about that part.

I really hope they move to the HBO Now model and allow you to subscribe on streaming boxes without a cable subscription when their current contracts with the cable companies expire. That is the bold move that they should have made from the beginning. Hell, SlingTV is giving people free Roku boxes for signing up. Pac-12 could've done the same.

I actually just got off the phone with a CSR to see when my agreement was up (November) and when asked why, I told her its because they don't carry Pac 12 Networks. She gave me the "we're working on it" "still in negotiation" run around but said it doesn't look like its going to happen this college football season. I told her the last time I called to check on when my subscription was up the guy who helped me said he could check on some internal notes that you guys have, she said "oh, yeah, let me double look on that." I don't know who says "double look" but she said that the last update she had was that Pac 12 did sell some rights to a few games to ESPN and FS1 and that that was a common occurrence and that was the last update she had, that was on 8/22. Take it for what its worth since she was tier 1.... As much as it pains me, I'm calling Dish.

I actually just got off the phone with a CSR to see when my agreement was up (November) and when asked why, I told her its because they don't carry Pac 12 Networks. She gave me the "we're working on it" "still in negotiation" run around but said it doesn't look like its going to happen this college football season. I told her the last time I called to check on when my subscription was up the guy who helped me said he could check on some internal notes that you guys have, she said "oh, yeah, let me double look on that." I don't know who says "double look" but she said that the last update she had was that Pac 12 did sell some rights to a few games to ESPN and FS1 and that that was a common occurrence and that was the last update she had, that was on 8/22. Take it for what its worth since she was tier 1.... As much as it pains me, I'm calling Dish.
I'd be a bit surprised if someone at that level can say "no Pac 12 this football season" but no one in the media has reported that. I check for news every day and nada since about August 16th.

I'd be a bit surprised if someone at that level can say "no Pac 12 this football season" but no one in the media has reported that. I check for news every day and nada since about August 16th.

As would I. She said it more in conversation then as a statement.

as long as the CSR isn't in the meeting room negotiating a contract she/he has as much of a clue as the rest of us -

My friend bought an unlocked/jailbroken streaming box. I believe its an Amazon Fire box with xBMC/Kodi open-source software installed. They seem to run about $120 - $200. From what I hear, you can pick up Pac-12 Network in HD, among just about every other channel known to mankind.

I really hope they move to the HBO Now model and allow you to subscribe on streaming boxes without a cable subscription when their current contracts with the cable companies expire. That is the bold move that they should have made from the beginning. Hell, SlingTV is giving people free Roku boxes for signing up. Pac-12 could've done the same.

If they put it on SlingTV, im in (and I have Dish). We watch so little TV, that I basically keep Dish at the lowest level and bump it up for football. I would much rather pay a few bucks for it to stream on SlingTV...

Why
My wife fought me for a long time to stay with Direct TV. We switched 5 months ago to Dish. I told her that if DTV gets the Pac 12 we can go back when the Dish contract is up, but she said no need, she likes Dish just fine.

Why

My wife fought me for a long time to stay with Direct TV. We switched 5 months ago to Dish. I told her that if DTV gets the Pac 12 we can go back when the Dish contract is up, but she said no need, she likes Dish just fine.

Based on my own marriage and what I've observed with my parents, 90% of loyalty to a tv service provider is based upon "my wife doesn't want to learn a new remote." Your post is further confirmation.

My wife doesn't like change. But she likes discounts, so that was the key for us to switch. "If we go to provider (X) we get to pay a lot less for a year. Then after two years we can switch and get new equipment and get a big discount again!"

I had her at 'discount'.

Back